May 23, 2017, 09:39:04 AM

Author Topic: After Dawn of the Clans  (Read 104 times)

Offline Spellmaster

• Strong Black-Furred Loner Who Don't Need No Clan
  • Elder
  • 116 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Spellmaster
  • alike unfit to sink or soar
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • ruination-fangs @ tumblr
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
After Dawn of the Clans
« on: March 13, 2017, 10:10:07 PM »
noon of the clans. mid-morning of the clans

I know a lot of people were excited to see how the clans and all their traditions came to be, and while the DotC-era books have covered a lot of that, there were still some things at the end (so far) that weren't solidified - formal deputies, the mentor-apprentice system, warrior names, etc.

so what kind of things do you wish DotC had covered but didn't get brought up? anyone have any headcanons or ideas of how things might go after Moth Flight's Vision, regarding the development of the clan system?
also, if there are going to be more one-shot stories (novellas or maybe even super editions) set in that timeframe, what do you want to see?

personally I'd like some more stories focusing on early shadowclan and riverclan, since most of the main characters so far have been in the other clans. tall shadow, river ripple, and pebble heart are some of my favorites, so it would be nice to see more of them. I'm especially intrigued by shadowclan because supposedly shadowstar was kind of a jerk, but tall shadow really isn't like that, so I wonder if that's just the modern clans' bias? *

as for headcanons, I've always found it curious that they somehow completely transitioned from the tribe's two-word names to the one-word names they all use in the future, but maybe the leaders' names set a precedent? like, starclan gave all the leaders their -star names, and after that perhaps some mothers decided to name their kits similarly - Ravenfeather instead of Raven Feather, or such - and eventually it just became the standard.
though that still leaves the question of how the -kit and -paw tradition started...

* I'm curious in general about how much of the history detailed in the guide books is actually "correct"... especially because some of it already isn't consistent with things established in DotC :x I like the idea that the history given in the other books is the history the clans believe, which has been warped over time - hence the mischaracterizations and anachronisms and such (though I doubt that's what the authors were going for). but it also raises the question of what else from the guides might have been different in actuality? I think it'd be really interesting to see a full timeline of the pre-first series events and how they all fit together

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 211 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
  • Mood: Tired
Re: After Dawn of the Clans
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 07:26:03 PM »
if it's of interest, Thunderstar's Echo is an novella that was recently released but sadly I don't think it covers any of the stuff you mentioned D:
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o