October 18, 2018, 07:31:17 AM

Author Topic: Video Games?  (Read 27584 times)

Offline Arcade Heat

Video Games?
« on: June 25, 2015, 04:44:46 PM »
Okay so clearly I can't be the only one who likes them here right so we obviously need this thread.

I don't really know how to start this off so I'm just gonna list of my favourite games mmkay
I'm a huge fan of the ratchet and clank series, and I've played pretty much every game from there. I also really like final fantasy, games like that. I absolutely ADORE the tales of series!Other series that I like are LoZ, Mario, and pokemon. I used to play some call of duty, but I've never really been a huge fan of it? they get pretty boring after a few hours of play

I'm really hyped for the new fire emblem game that's coming in 2016. It looks like it's gonna completely revamp a lot of game mechanics, and I'm liking the look of a lot of characters.

Anyways, like my anime, my favourite types of games are fantasy style stories with a darker or emotional story that I can get invested in.
So yeah

what are your favourite video games? What are you excited for in the future?
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Dustfeather

• (not a feather duster)
  • ShadowClan
  • 46928 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dustfeather
  • ♫ I fought urlawn and urlawn won~ ♫
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ShadowClan!
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • Vague as the Shadow
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
Re: Video Games?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 04:54:52 PM »
I'm a big fan of the Dragon Age series, but I have a bad habit of liking characters the rest of the fandom hates (e.g. Vivienne and Merrill), and vice versa (e.g. Fenris) :P

Also took advantage of the Steam Sale recently, and have rather a lot of games to get through over the summer. Currently playing a '90s adventure game called "Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb" which is about a fox, an elk, and a boar who have to find a magical orb that's been stolen. Naturally, the cats are my favourite characters; there's a village of wildcats you meet at one point, whose names all sound like various cat noises (Prrawa and Mirrhp are two of them), as well as a reclusive witch and a priestess, who are sisters :3

Also got back into Torchlight recently. I'd forgotten how fun it is :D One of the few games I can actually play on hard mode..

Thank you, Wolfie!

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 04:56:04 PM »
I mostly play puzzle games i love them puzzles are so great. So like Ace Attorney, Professor Layton and Zero Escape (PLEASE PLAY 999). I also LOVE PAPER MARIO. I'm so hyped about the new paper mario game paper jam or whatever!!! The original n64 one is one of my favorite things but i recently played Thousand Year Door for the first time over winter break. I never beat the final boss though ): i tried twice but then it was time to go back to school and i haven't tried again.

back in the day i was obsessed with donkey kong country though and i had thought about buying one of the new ones for 3ds but i don't know. anyone played them?

also i really really want zero escape 3 to be a thing

Offline Pantherstrike

• ~*~ Official Pearl Fangirl ~*~
  • Warrior
  • 238 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Pantherstrike
  • never made it to 10k posts on v4 rip
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »
I'm all about Bioware right now. Dragon Age mostly, because the fandom is super active, though Mass Effect is my real favorite. I also just have general love all over the place for Mass Effect but...very strong Dragon Age opinions....ask me how I feel about Anders and I become a rage demon spewing fire all over the place.

I'm also a big Nintendo fan. I've been playing a lot of Splatoon since that game out. I'm SUPER HYPE for Fire Emblem Fates even though it's super trashy and pandery and gross. I love FE so much I can't help it.

tumblr / pixel by altias / avatar art courtesy of secret santa

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 04:58:20 PM »
yoooo thousand yer door is dope! I love it so much
I've never played sticker star though. I was really excited for it, but then I didn't really like the look of the battle system so I never picked it up.

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 05:01:43 PM »
yeah i've heard mostly unenthusiastic things about sticker star. i'd like to try super paper mario at some point maybe even though it's not really an rpg like the first two though

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 05:07:37 PM »
yeah i've heard mostly unenthusiastic things about sticker star. i'd like to try super paper mario at some point maybe even though it's not really an rpg like the first two though
Super paper mario was my first paper mario game. It was good, but it didn't really stand out compared to the first two? It had it's funny moments, but overall, I found it rather average. The story was pretty good, though

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 05:18:00 PM »
I love everything Bethesda touches, and I also enjoy every Sims game ever made. But I'm really, really looking forward to Fallout 4 right now. Albeit, there's a good few features I think it can do without, but other than that it looks amazing. I wish though there will be a mod where you can play as a non-heterosexual character. I didn't like the whole husband/wife starter.

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline Spellmaster

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 05:25:06 PM »
I'm really big on rpgs, especially jrpgs, especially especially the Tales series if it wasn't already obvious... I think the Xillias are my favorites to play, though I still believe Abyss is probably the best overall. also played Symphonia and its sequel, Graces, and Vesperia (only in japanese though), I just barely started Hearts, and I'm always working on Asteria. (it's a mobile game that's free but also entirely japanese, so it's a little difficult to get, but there are whole blogs dedicated to helping english-speakers find their way around so it's totally doable)

other faves include The World Ends With You, the Zero Escape series (I still need to play vlr...), Ace Attorney (going to play dual destinies this summer (i hope)), a few Fire Emblem games, Okami, Pokemon... I still play Animal Crossing every day too

I'm still playing a lot of Awakening but I don't know how to feel about the new fire emblem... it seems like half the fans are really excited and half already think it's disgusting trash, which is odd to me because while I don't think the previous games were revolutionary I don't think they were awful either, but I haven't heard a lot about this one yet so I can't say

I started Portal years ago but have still never finished it oops

Offline Dustfeather

• (not a feather duster)
  • ShadowClan
  • 46928 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dustfeather
  • ♫ I fought urlawn and urlawn won~ ♫
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ShadowClan!
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • Vague as the Shadow
    • Awards
  • Mood: Sleepy
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 05:27:34 PM »
I started Portal years ago but have still never finished it oops

I need to get round to finishing Portal. Got stuck on Test Chamber 15 :P I'm good at the puzzle aspect of it, but terrible with the physics..

Thank you, Wolfie!

Offline Pantherstrike

• ~*~ Official Pearl Fangirl ~*~
  • Warrior
  • 238 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Pantherstrike
  • never made it to 10k posts on v4 rip
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 05:30:50 PM »

I'm still playing a lot of Awakening but I don't know how to feel about the new fire emblem... it seems like half the fans are really excited and half already think it's disgusting trash, which is odd to me because while I don't think the previous games were revolutionary I don't think they were awful either, but I haven't heard a lot about this one yet so I can't say

Most of the discomfort comes from the option for incest marriages and generally fanservicey things like the ability to strip units down to bikinis to fight in and the mode where you rub their faces. Which if you're in one of said incest marriages you'll get lines like "next time let your big sister do the touching!" from. I...am just assuming that's gonna be censored for the English release and I can pretend it's not a thing lol.

tumblr / pixel by altias / avatar art courtesy of secret santa

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 05:31:46 PM »
(I still need to play vlr...)
yes.... it's so good... i'm sure you have heard lol

the day i beat it i literally played from 10am to 10pm straight except to eat wow

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
  • awards This mini-feather is presented to those who have or have had a character with a high rank! This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ThunderClan!
  • Referrals: 61
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/Them
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 06:09:20 PM »
O helo did someone mention vlr. (I finished watching a playthrough of 999 & vlr recently at the suggestion of a pal of mine and I'm like.... I love it. I'm on the ground crying because of how much I enjoyed this stuff.)

Also RE: Video game stuff: I'm a really big fan of roguelikes, but lately the only games I've been playing are like... NES games (I bought Kirby's Adventure off of eBay the other day and it was the best purchase ever 10/10 it's just like when I was a little bab) and on/off playing a Trainer Joey challenge on Pkmn FireRed (somehow I got a shiny rattata?? ?? at like 11:30pm at night I got this shiny rattata and it was like a sign). Video games are the best way for me to spend time.
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50780 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 06:10:56 PM »
Man I love me some video games~
It's just really unfortunate that I can't afford these new gen consoles... I'd love to be playing Splatoon...

I do have a 3ds though, and that's served me very well:

I finished this gen's pokedex in omega ruby and it's the first time since gen 1 that I've accomplished that. I even EV trained a whole team and bred a shiny Azumarill with decent fighting stats just because it was way less stressful than finals.

I absolutely love A Link Between Worlds. Like so much. And also I really really get excited about console loz games on 3ds, so OOT and MM made me very happy.

ACNL is so lovely Kiki has been my neighbor since I started and there's nothing that can't prove that I'm not in a poly marriage with Kiki, Beardo, and O'Hare. I love my villagers. Except Tipper. Tipper put her house on my rare flowers. (Curses, Tipper. *shakes fist*)

Fire Emblem: Awakening was super cool and also my first FE game and I'm still looking into ways that I can hack my game so Sully and Miriel can S support. I don't know why I feel so strongly about this coupling. Just feels right to me. They're cute and powerful together idk. Man when they say on tumblr that you come out of playing FE:A a shipper it's really true...
I was really into the upcoming game but the more that I see/hear about it is giving me this sinking feeling...

I can't play a lot of Super Smash Bros at one time because my thumb cramps like crazy because I have a 3ds xl and my hands are tiny and I'm too stubborn to get a smaller 3ds. Because money. And also because I already put all these stickers on it. I did recently get a third party grip to clip to it though and that's kinda helped but I still tend to avoid it... also because there's no 3ds amiibo adapter yet and I'm just salty.

I actually haven't played a Mario game since Super Paper Mario lol... it was so fun and interesting to me though because it's the game that I'd play with my dad who never played a video game since super mario bros first came out. So I'm like... super biased. We 100% completed that thing too.

Something completely different: I inherited an xbox 360 and I'm playing Bioshock for the first time and I'm having a great time using telekinesis on a guitar just so I can drag it around playing 3 chords and killing splicers with it 0w0

side note Pokemon Shuffle has absorbed my life in 30 minute intervals and I don't know how to stop please send help... or enable me with jewels...

Offline Gingey

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 06:34:54 PM »
I'M REALLY INTO VIDEO GAMES NOW, especially Bioware. I really love Mass Effect and Dragon Age(though I'm really lonely wrt to Dragon Age because most of the people I know who like it hate my favorite characters--I'm one of the six Sera stans in the universe--and they tend to only curr about Anders which. lol). I'm also a huge fan of Bioshock, Infamous, Asscreed when Desmond was alive(I still play every game then complain about it, I'm sorry, I'm an embarrassment), Disgaea, Okami.