May 27, 2018, 08:17:45 PM

Author Topic: Television rots your brain  (Read 4244 times)

Offline Allaire

Re: Television rots your brain
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 03:02:39 PM »
I almost never have time for TV when I'm in school, so I like to bingewatch a lot or watch summer TV. Right now, I'm watching The X Files for the first time all the way through in advance of the revival. I'm also currently watching Masters of Sex and will be trying to fit Faking It into the first couple weeks of my semester when the next season starts back up. I also love me some Orphan Black. Next on my list are finishing Weeds, and starting The Fall (can you tell Gillian Anderson is a situation for me?) and House of Cards.

My most strongly-held television opinion: The West Wing is the greatest show to ever be on television.

Offline fireheart

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 03:16:04 PM »
I'll watch basically anything on Food Network and HGTV, but when it comes to actual TV shows I love Hannibal, and I'm marathoning X-Files currently. I mostly stick to Netflix tbh, and even then I'm mostly just watching movies. If it counts, my roommate last year loved Grey's Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, and Arrow, so I watched those shows with her, though I'm not actually following them.

If cartoons count, I'm into Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Avatar, and MLP:FiM as well, though I'm way behind on GF and MLP.

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 03:49:53 PM »
I mostly stick to Netflix too, partly because I actually do not own a television.

Speaking of The X-Files, that is actually one of the next shows on my list of things to watch. I've also heard that Netflix's Daredevil series was really good, so I might get around to it eventually.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Spellmaster

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 04:31:55 PM »
I barely watch any tv nowadays apart from the occasional anime or something, but my parents watch a lot of stuff and I'm always in the room (nowhere else to go, alas), so I kind of secondhand watch it? of the stuff they're following I find Castle and the Murdoch Mysteries the most fun. also Warehouse 13 was pretty cool, though I probably missed a lot of it while I was living at school

my favorite tv show was Pushing Daisies. it was perfect. and then thEY CANCELLED IT FOREVER

Offline Sunneth

• a wet RiverClan cat
  • Leader
  • 4987 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sunneth
  • is not prone to divide by zero
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • hyperresonate@tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »
I barely watch any tv nowadays apart from the occasional anime or something, but my parents watch a lot of stuff and I'm always in the room (nowhere else to go, alas), so I kind of secondhand watch it? of the stuff they're following I find Castle and the Murdoch Mysteries the most fun. also Warehouse 13 was pretty cool, though I probably missed a lot of it while I was living at school

my favorite tv show was Pushing Daisies. it was perfect. and then thEY CANCELLED IT FOREVER
qft
murdoch is my favorite because of the girls. the girls are so good. oh man (oh woman)

also, psych, even though I hardly remember most of it and I'm sure we missed a bunch? we used to tape it when it came on. it's on netflix now I guess (that's how we watched the last episode, like, five years late) so it'd probably be easy to rewatch the whole thing

i'm not really a tv person though, sometimes i have a hard time paying attention to shows i actually like

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 06:20:07 PM »

is that the one where the guy can bring people back to life by touching them? I remember that show being very cute but I never got a chance to watch much of it.........

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Tom

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 06:23:46 PM »
It is my duty to inform people that Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is the human race's greatest accomplishment in the art comedy, and it's only six episodes long so everyone should watch it. Find it on YouTube, this is the kind of show that's meant to be watched at 480p.

Other than that, Breaking Bad is definitely my favourite show. Yes, I know it ended almost two years ago. No, I'm still not over it. Despite all of the other shows out there, it's something I still feel I need to re-watch again at some point.

I doubt I'll ever get over Breaking Bad to be honest.
also.. definitely going to check out Garth Marenghi's Darkplace right now. xD

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2015, 10:45:05 AM »
I doubt I'll ever get over Breaking Bad to be honest.

also.. definitely going to check out Garth Marenghi's Darkplace right now. xD
Yes... Excellent.

Even just talking about this show has got me watching it again. It's crazy how something I've seen so many times can still make me laugh so hard. I'm even still seeing sight gags and intentional errors that I never noticed before, it's incredible.

And beyond the incredible amount of attention to detail that goes into making every aspect of it deliberately awful, it's got some of the most quotable dialogue I've ever heard. I just... really love this show.

魔法使いの嫁
| tumblr |

Offline Spellmaster

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015, 06:43:39 PM »
I liked psych too but I think I did miss a lot of it, and since we taped it the quality wasn't that great so I kind of fell out of it after a while...

is that the one where the guy can bring people back to life by touching them? I remember that show being very cute but I never got a chance to watch much of it.........

yes :D it's adorably morbid. it's kind of a detective show and romance wrapped into one? so it's about death and intrigue and tragedy, but it's also bright and colorful and witty, and the main couple can't touch each other so the romance is all v light and bittersweet
honestly http://ruination-fangs.tumblr.com/post/72840397114/thefoodispeople-dottewa-a-void-reality-go[/tumblr]]this tumblr post probably sums it up better than I can

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 846 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2015, 09:59:46 AM »
i also used to be into supernatural lmao but i dropped it after season 8 and now i don't care at all about it

i'm also all aboard the complaining about bbc sherlock train and i honestly didn't like season 3 as much but like... i'll still keep watching it... i have to see...... *shakes fist at moffat* why.

a BETTER sherlock holmes tv show is this russian one from the 70s/80s called The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. it's so good. it might be more like a series of movies than a "tv show" or something but whatever it's great.

ummm i watch suits. i like that. need to catch up on the last couple episodes though.

also.. teen wolf.............

i was watching breaking bad for a while during this last semester like, really quickly. and then there was one episode where i paused in the middle to go do something else and then i never got back to it so i just like abruptly stopped completely. whoops. it was in season 4.

i really liked orphan black too but then i just ended up not caring that much during the first couple episodes of season 3 so i stopped.

Offline Jingle

• Long Live the Queen
  • StarClanner
  • 202 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Jingle
  • Out with the old. In with the new.
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2015, 10:26:07 AM »
i'm also all aboard the complaining about bbc sherlock train and i honestly didn't like season 3 as much but like... i'll still keep watching it... i have to see...... *shakes fist at moffat* why.
omg I'm 100% in the same place with BBC Sherlock. Why Moffat, why would you write things this way... :\ I'mma keep watching it but ugh so many unecessary twists and plot holes in s3 (grumbles quietly about The Empty Fall theory)

Oh man I keep forgetting about Suits, I really enjoyed the eps you made us watch but I'm so bad at watching TV if it's not conveniently on my DVR...

Shows I'm v much into include Elementary, Hannibal, The Fosters, Stitchers, Catfish, Orphan Black (even though I'm a whole season behind), and Faking It... they're all v good (well The Fosters is p cheesy, but I like a lot of the characters and they get an A in representation).

(click to show/hide)

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 846 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015, 10:45:51 AM »
oh yeah i forgot about hannibal. i was really into it in season 1 and most of season 2 until it took me forever to watch the last couple episodes of it. then season 3 started and i was so bored during the whole first episode i could barely watch it and i don't think i even finished it and decided i was done with the show lmao.

Offline runningfire

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2015, 09:05:43 PM »
oh gosh. I watch way too much TV. agents of shield comes to mind first just because I run an aos tumblr. staying with superheroes, I also really really love the flash. currently I'm rewatching the 100 because I'm upset that it's not coming back until next year. I binge watched teen wolf back when I had the chickenpox in june, and now I'm complete and utter tw trash. I finally sat down and watched all of the walking dead earlier this year, which was nice because I had seen so many episodes here and there, but never really got the whole story. girl meets world is my disney channel guilty pleasure and I love that show to death.

also I saw mentions of pushing daisies earlier in this thread and I got all emotional over the fact that that show was cancelled waaaaayyyyy too soon. rip.
i fell in a hole

Offline Allaire

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2015, 09:12:09 PM »
@people who watch Hannibal I HAVE A QUESTION
Gillian Anderson's character, Bedelia--is her name pronounced Bedelia with a long E or a short E? I need to know because reasons.

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 846 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards