July 23, 2018, 04:23:26 AM

Author Topic: Pokemon  (Read 38003 times)

Offline Lightning

• Nothing's fair in Love and War.
  • StarClanner
  • 17199 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
Pokemon
« on: June 27, 2015, 02:17:19 AM »
Alright let me first show you this. click here

Now we can continue. Pokemon deserves its own thread because it's POKEMON.

I have to get 80 words, I think, so let's go talk about your favorite Pokemon and games and stuff.

Alright my favorite 'mons are Goodra, Pidgeot, and Chespin's line. The bird, gooey slime dragon, and cute little hedgehog are just so awesome and tbh I cried when I found out Pidgeot was getting a mega form. It's been my favorite since I first started with Red and Blue and I've been wanting a Mega Bird Jesus since they first introduced the concept of megas.

As for games, I really like Shuffle, Emerald, and OmegaRuby.

Also we need to have battles or something, since the last one we tried didn't go over well because WW died.

EDIT:
HERE IS A LIST OF FRIEND CODES FROM THE PREVIOUS POKEMON THREAD.

Thank you Rayne, for the list.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
Re: Pokemon
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 02:22:35 AM »
look at this cute pony poke

i used to play the pokemon card game a lot but the only video game i played was yellow

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
  • awards This mini-feather is presented to those who have or have had a character with a high rank! This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ThunderClan!
  • Referrals: 61
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/Them
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 02:24:16 AM »
There's so much I wanna say about Pokemon that probably wouldn't fit into this post without making it super long O:

I'll start with the fact that Pokemon is like my number one go-to for lessening my panic attacks. It helps me focus and keep calm when I'm all over the place, and I'm really happy about that.

I'm doing a Youngster Joey challenge on my Firered with a shiny Rattata (who I named Midas) that came to me really early on in the game at like 11pm (?? i still have no idea how it happened) - we're currently heading to Celadon City.

I play a lot of the games, my highest hour count was 427 in an old Platinum file (I was waiting for HG to come out), my favorite game add-on was the Pokewalker, and I am superhype for PSMD.

My favorite Pokemon are Azumarill, Umbreon, Latias, and... uh... well, the top faves. I don't hate any Pokemon except maybe Cryogonal.
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline fireheart

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 02:28:57 AM »
*cries bc pokemon is my favorite franchise of all time ever*

I'm in love with basically every grass starter line, apart from turtwig and co; I wasn't particularly fond of Diamond and Pearl, to be honest. I don't have a single favorite pokemon, but i love serperior, archeops, and totodile, in addition to the starters mentioned above. Also ho-oh, and latias, and reshiram, and deino, and.....

(I also may or may not have shed a few tears when Mega Sceptile was announced. Possibly. Maybe.)

My favorite pokemon games are Heart Gold and Omega Ruby, though the original versions of those games will always hold a special place in my heart, and I actually really enjoyed Black and White as well!

I actually play the tcg too! Or I did, at least, but I recently got into Magic the Gathering so the pokemon tcg has fallen to the wayside somewhat, to be honest. oo:

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 02:30:40 AM »
i used to go to pokemon card game tournaments at toys r us

Offline Lightning

• StarClanner
  • 17199 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 02:32:32 AM »
I haven't played the TCG in years, oh my goodness. I used to have so many cards, but when we got flooded, I lost almost all of them and never have the energy or money to restock what I lost.. it was well over a thousand cards (which might not be a lot to some, but it was to me), and I think I'd just rather play the games.

I also got the shiny charm on X for completing the National 'Dex, including legendary 'mons.

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
  • awards This mini-feather is presented to those who have or have had a character with a high rank! This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ThunderClan!
  • Referrals: 61
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 02:33:41 AM »
I play the tcg, but only with my sister! I have a few decks built, but I really need newer cards - I have like, one fairy card (a marill, lol) and one fairy energy (though it's a 'wonder energy'... I'm so out of the loop fml).

I want to make a Marill themed deck someday and nothing but money and time will stop me.
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline Lightning

• StarClanner
  • 17199 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 03:30:38 AM »
...they called it 'wonder energy'? Alrighty then, that just...sounds weird.

I want a deck themed around Gardevoir, like I had before. I kicked some butt with that. ;.;

Offline Sunneth

• a wet RiverClan cat
  • Leader
  • 4987 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sunneth
  • is not prone to divide by zero
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • hyperresonate@tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 03:53:08 AM »
gen iv is best gen and mareep is the best pokemon. i never actually beat any pokemon games. the end

NAH though I totally beat X the january after it came out. I always want to finish pokemon games but I lose focus really easily when it comes to levelgrinding and it's sad. I bet I used to actually beat the old games when I was a kid (I'm fairly sure I beat the E4 on Gold a bunch of times) but... it's so rare now...
rip my Black/White/White 2/Emerald/Alpha Sapphire/everything runs, I'm sorry I got bored. yay for X though

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 04:28:48 AM »
Can you change the title Pokemon is supposed to be fun and exciting but ur title is so boring make it ahh I'm being chased by a charizard v2 or something

Okay anyways my favourite Pokemon is Ninetales!! Like I love them so much and then after that it's mega altar is bc they're so fluffy I just love it!!! They didn't have any Ninetales merchandise at the Pokemon centre in Osaka though so disappointing
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Lightflame

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 06:33:19 AM »
You almost made me click on a link to Kotaku. I dodged a bullet there.

By the way, what does everyone think the next game will be? I'm hoping for "Delta Z", which has both Hoenn and Kalos.

Offline Ariel

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 07:10:38 AM »
Ah, Pokemon! The very first game I ever played.

I think my favorite games are the Johto ones. I love pretty much everything about them. I actually didn't care for the Hoenn region at all. I got the new games and was excited to see if they fixed the issue that I had with the old one, lack of pokemon choices, and in a way it did with wonder trades, but the game is still boring to me for some reason. I'm pretty much just using it to store pokemon. I would like to complete my pokedex on it, but I don't think that's going to happen due to some harder to get pokemon.

DexNav is life.

My favorite pokemon... where to begin: Pidgeot, Arcanine, Zweilous, Charizard, Quilava, Totodile, Raichu > Pickachu, and Flaafy/Ampharos.

I would like a remake of Shinnoh which I think most people didn't care for, but I think we'd get a remake of the old R/B games first since I think they're still on the old cartridges. Though it'll probably be a new game/storyline before another remake.

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2015, 08:07:28 AM »
I think that platinum was my favourite game
It was so comprehensive and everything was there. Plus I found that the plot was better than normal. It could have been better (ok Cyrus how has the government not shut you down yet) but I really like the final showdown in the distortion world. I just wish they had a Ninetales in the dex tbh
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50782 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2015, 10:44:05 AM »
pokemon is literally as old as I am, and I'm likely to be playing it from the womb to the tomb lmao

Like I said on the Video Games board I finished gen 6 pokedex on Omega Ruby and I got my team all nifty and ready to for single battles~ Maybe I'll let you guys have a peek at it, who knows

I accidentally skipped gen 2 and gen 5 oops

but hey fun story time, back in the 90's when I was like 4 my brother's friend won a lunchables contest and got a Pokemon party hosted by Nintendo and they had like the volkswagen bug that they decked out to look like a pikachu and a dude in a giant pikachu suit running around and I was very scared of him and wouldn't stop crying long enough for a picture lol.

They gave out free gameboy pockets with red and blue version... my 2 older brothers got them but i didn't so I got Yellow for christmas.
And then when they got bored with it a year later I got all of them along with a gameshark and a link cable. I was unstoppable on the kindergarten playground. B^)

I love my water egg with bunny ears

Offline Ivypool

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2015, 02:29:45 PM »
.... did someone say Water Egg?  E G G!!!

On a side note though, if you get a Huge Power Azumarill, it does become a bulky physical attacker, so there's that!
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o