October 23, 2017, 07:21:19 PM

Author Topic: I'm Back (to Rise)  (Read 88 times)

Offline Hawkstar

• Has Unpopular Opinions
  • Kit
  • 528 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hawkstar
  • "My waifu is a scaryfu!"
    • 🕷 I'm a spider!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: He/Him
  • Mood: Determined
I'm Back (to Rise)
« on: September 16, 2017, 08:50:09 PM »
(No really though, that song is great.)

Yo, name's Hawkstar.  I used to hang around the forums back on v4, but I left around early 2015 (I think?  It was a while ago) to sort out some real life stuff.  I don't know how many people I knew then are still here, so I'll treat this like a proper introduction thread as if none of you know me.  I'm a pretty big fan of video games.  Some of my favourite genres are horror, point-and-click-'em-up adventure, character action/stylish action (there isn't really a defined name for this genre as far as I know, think Devil May Cry/Bayonetta), turn-based RPG, and good ol' classic action-adventure.  I also have something of a penchant for stealth games and seem to be one of the few people who doesn't outright hate it when the genre rears its way into a game.

Favourite game franchises include The Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear, Metroid, the original Silent Hill trilogy, Shin Megami Tensei, and its child franchise, Persona (though my opinions regarding it tend to be very unpopular so I don't engage with fans of it much).  I don't really watch much contemporary television, but I do have some old favourites that I'm always willing to go back and rewatch like The Spectacular Spider-Man (pretty much the TV love of my life), Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Samurai Jack (I still feel a little mixed on Season 5, though), and Firefly (despite Joss Whedon being, y'know, Joss Whedon).  And, while it isn't syndicated TV or anything, I grew up watching Homestar Runner.net (it's dot com!) and am an immense fan to this day.

I also really like anime/manga with favourites being Cowboy Bebop, Sailor Moon (DiC dub included), JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and Berserk (though the latter two I've only read the manga and have minimal experience with their adaptations).  In addition to Japanese comics, I also greatly appreciate the Western stuff too (though, much like television, I tend not to follow much contemporary stuff) with big favourites being Bryan Lee O'Malley's output, the 1980 Wolfman/Prez New Teen Titans run (the show loosely based on this run is real good too), and the 2008 Abnett/Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy run which inspired the movies and spotlit Phyla-Vell, one of my all-time favourite Marvel characters (I do not like the current Bendis Guardians run though).  Aside from here, I also post stuff on Tumblr semi-infrequently and have some mixes up on 8tracks and Playmoss so if anyone wants to listen to those, it would genuinely make me very happy.

I guess that's a pretty good amount of info on my interests and myself.  If there's anything else you want to know (or if you just want to talk about any of these subjects), don't hesitate to ask.  I'm nowhere near as intimidating as some say I come across as.

"Put your glasses on / Nothing will be wrong."

Tumblr | 8tracks | Playmoss

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: I'm Back (to Rise)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 08:54:51 PM »
Hey Hawkstar! I'm like 90% sure I remember you- you used to do movie reviews on v4 didn't you? I think there are a good few people still here who would remember you too ^^

Welcome back though! I hope you have fun

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50772 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 09:10:28 PM »
*CLING HUGS*
hey hawkstar!! ;w; /

Offline Heron

• StarClanner
  • 66 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Heron
  • RUNNING IN THE 90'S
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 09:16:33 PM »
Hawkstar! I definitely remember you! I'm really glad to see you back here!

Offline Hawkstar

• Has Unpopular Opinions
  • Kit
  • 528 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hawkstar
  • "My waifu is a scaryfu!"
    • 🕷 I'm a spider!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: He/Him
  • Mood: Determined
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 06:21:17 PM »
Yo, I remember all y'all.  You guys rock.

Hey Hawkstar! I'm like 90% sure I remember you- you used to do movie reviews on v4 didn't you? I think there are a good few people still here who would remember you too ^^

Welcome back though! I hope you have fun

Yeah, that was totally me with the review stuff.  Haven't done that since 2014 so I'm way out of practice now.  I did see IT recently so I might try to do something about that, though in a less professional manner because I'm a really big fan of the book so I would be more interested in comparing and contrasting the two than doing a conventional review.

*CLING HUGS*
hey hawkstar!! ;w; /

Bring it in!  Virtually, of course.

Hawkstar! I definitely remember you! I'm really glad to see you back here!

Good to be back here!

"Put your glasses on / Nothing will be wrong."

Tumblr | 8tracks | Playmoss

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 08:37:56 PM »
Ahhh good, I'm glad I was remembering the correct person! xD

I've honestly not read or watched IT but that definitely wouldn't stop me from checking out a compare and contrast of those works haha

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Dustfeather

• (not a feather duster)
  • ShadowClan
  • 46820 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dustfeather
  • ♫ I fought urlawn and urlawn won~ ♫
    • 🕷 I'm a spider!
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ShadowClan!
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • Vague as the Shadow
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 06:07:11 AM »
Welcome back to the forum, Hawkstar! It's great to see you here again ^_^

Cat image from Sobi. Lyrics by Twilight Force.

Offline PitchBlackFox

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 10:58:14 AM »
Oh,hey,I've heard of you,nice to meet you,Hawkstar!