June 23, 2017, 01:52:00 AM

Author Topic: Gato as the Main Antagonist  (Read 778 times)

Offline Lord Gato

• The Absolute
  • Outside the Clans
  • 660 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lord Gato
  • "In the end, all fall before me"
    • 🍭 SUGAR RUSH.
  • awards This mini-feather is to symbolize that you've chosen to follow no Clan!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • AlphaClan
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: Him/he/m8/homeslice/m'lord/divine fatness
  • Mood: Cynical
Gato as the Main Antagonist
« on: September 15, 2016, 09:16:05 AM »
Please read my character bio so we could shed a little light in this proposal.http://forum2.warriorswish.net/index.php?topic=1183.0

Well now that you've read the title you'd know what this is, right now he just isn't that phase yet, and would go through character development to reach this role. Why not just place it on your character history? No, that's because I want some of your characters to interact in the same timeline therefore more character connection, not just joining in and becoming the tyrant. As you may have known (or not, I'll try posting his other story here just to give some clarity of what we're into) Gato, my OC, leads a group (The Clowder) which can play a major role in his "metaphase", this could go in different ways;
-By loss of loved ones (Would show defiance against other characters)
-Blinded by power (When he receives 9 lives from StarClan, I don't know how to put it but his mother was a ThunderClan queen that left and kitted Gato, like I said I'll give some clarity on this very soon)
Etc.

So let's all hope that this'll make a great story, and all of us will enjoy, happy Roleplaying!
Gato is love, Gato is life
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Desmond Gato Sledge

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: Gato as the Main Antagonist
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 04:52:44 PM »
You and your band of kittypets can definitely be as bad and antagonistic as you wish! I don't actually know what we have for plot points so far, but I do know we have a few events already planned.

You mentioned you want your character to have 9 lives? How could that happen if Gato is a kittypet?

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Lord Gato

• The Absolute
  • Outside the Clans
  • 660 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🍭 SUGAR RUSH.
  • awards This mini-feather is to symbolize that you've chosen to follow no Clan!
    • View Profile
    • AlphaClan
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 03:32:06 AM »
Gato is a kittypet, however, he is also half warrior, his mother was Birchfeather, which he knows as Muning, who was a warrior, she left  two moons after  Fallkit was born, because StarClan told her to fulfill her prophecy by giving birth to Gato, the name was prophecied  as It is,  she gave birth to three kits, finishing her prophecy. She died of unknown reasons by the time Gato was a week old.

Oh yeah, Gato had warrior blood, but his instincts are blurry, but he heard of the moonstone while eavesdropping some ThunderClan warriors, when he was  seven moons.

Desmond Gato Sledge

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 05:14:50 PM »
I don't know, I just don't think StarClan would give nine lives to a kittypet, even a half-clan kittypet. If our RP wasn't trying to stay as close to canon as possible, I would be okay with it, but in canon, StarClan is pretty stingy about giving out lives. If you remember Nightstar, the leader of ShadowClan after Brokenstar left, he was unable to get nine lives from StarClan simply because Brokenstar still had nine lives. In a similar case, Sunstar was only able to receive eight lives from StarClan because Pinestar still had one life when he left the clan.

All of this to say, StarClan in canon seems to have very specific rules about what cats can get nine lives, and since we are sticking pretty strictly to canon, I don't think Gato can have nine lives. In addition, it could be seen as a little unfair to other cats outside of the clans if Gato was able to have nine lives. :<

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Lord Gato

• The Absolute
  • Outside the Clans
  • 660 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🍭 SUGAR RUSH.
    • View Profile
    • AlphaClan
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 08:55:31 PM »
Yes, I am aware of that, the Clowder replaced where SkyClan was, they also have organised meetings, hunting parties, enough to be the fifth clan on the forest, this was also prophesied so by StarClan, to Birchfeather of course, to have a fifth clan once again, and Gato, as their leader, since the SkyClan cats aren't fond of twolegs and are given their true home, separated, without conflict, so someone has to take their place. Gato's nine lives are from his mother, father, and some of his deceased friends who his mother told of StarClan, Gato believed in StarClan, although never relied on them to choose for him.

He does once, only when he was told to go to the moonstone by his mother

Desmond Gato Sledge

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 11:16:38 PM »
Ah, that makes some sense but, though we do not have SkyClan in this arc, we might have them in the future, but if the Clowder has replaced SkyClan we would be unable to ever let people join SkyClan. Again, I don't want to squash your creativity and ideas, but Gato having nine lives would break too many things unfortunately. Now if you made it so that Gato had been the actual leader of a clan for a while, but then he left to go lead the Clowder, in that case I do believe he could have nine lives (at the cost of the current leader of whatever clan having only 1 life) but that would require reworking your backstory quite a bit I think.

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Lord Gato

• The Absolute
  • Outside the Clans
  • 660 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🍭 SUGAR RUSH.
    • View Profile
    • AlphaClan
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 06:38:01 AM »
Ah, that makes some sense but, though we do not have SkyClan in this arc, we might have them in the future, but if the Clowder has replaced SkyClan we would be unable to ever let people join SkyClan. Again, I don't want to squash your creativity and ideas, but Gato having nine lives would break too many things unfortunately. Now if you made it so that Gato had been the actual leader of a clan for a while, but then he left to go lead the Clowder, in that case I do believe he could have nine lives (at the cost of the current leader of whatever clan having only 1 life) but that would require reworking your backstory quite a bit I think.

I sense that there will be more confusion if I tell more about that matter, as I said on my last reply, Fallkit, Gato's half brother, (He is also the reason why I wanted some pp so I can make sure he follows my expected plot) plays a good role on this, Gato can be taken in a clan, since is very skilled at killing animals larger than him, or his leadership, Fallstalker will act as the protagonist (Along with other cats), In this storyline, Let's say Gato had been taken in and made leader, receiving the nine lives (Like you said), and leaving the group to return to his friends, because he isn't so fond of clan life (May be insults of his kittypet life) and will show defiance against clan cats, and as that happens, Fallstalker will become Fallstar, and will engage in conflict against Gato.

Desmond Gato Sledge

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 07:39:04 AM »
That would sort of work, though it might be complicated, as at this time any characters you have must be in the same clan as each other. I'm not sure what exceptions might be made for a cat who wants to leave a clan or join a clan as it's a bit of an unusual situation. Also, if Fallstar takes over in the position that Gato was in, then Fallstar would not be able to get the nine lives as Gato would presumably still have them. :P But at least Gato would have his nine lives.

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Lord Gato

• The Absolute
  • Outside the Clans
  • 660 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🍭 SUGAR RUSH.
    • View Profile
    • AlphaClan
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 06:16:29 PM »
You are correct
That'll sort it out, and I'm pretty sure I can keep track of both of them even they are separate, since I've been RPing in different threads beforehand, but If you want to I'll give Fallstar to someone else after Gato had left the clan.

Desmond Gato Sledge

Offline MarcoPolo

• walk on the wild side
  • Warrior
  • 256 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MarcoPolo
  • fire alone can save our clan
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: Blorpself
  • Mood: Devious
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 06:26:40 PM »
What's a Gato?
THANK YOU FOR THE ART @ALTIES

Offline Sweet♥

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 06:38:44 PM »
I didn't know we could have a main antagonist. I wonder how my own antagonist character would play into this...? Or, if it doesn't matter, just let me know.
COLOR ME AMUSED

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 10:13:58 PM »
I didn't know we could have a main antagonist. I wonder how my own antagonist character would play into this...? Or, if it doesn't matter, just let me know.
Nah, we'll be having our own plot related badness, anyone is welcome to be AN antagonist, but no one can really be the MAIN antagonist :P it would be too much like godmode to let any one player decide the main storylines for every player but don't worry, the mods will rustle up some nice stuff, and again, anyone can still have their own stuff going.

You are correct
That'll sort it out, and I'm pretty sure I can keep track of both of them even they are separate, since I've been RPing in different threads beforehand, but If you want to I'll give Fallstar to someone else after Gato had left the clan.
I think you'll be best off letting someone else create Fallstar. It would be a little unfair for you to get an exception to the same clan rule if no one else can. The person would also need to agree to let you have the nine lives, that's the only way I can see it all being fair ^^;;

If you find someone who wants to be Fallstar and give you the nine lives, let me know and I can move your application back out so you can switch Gato's backstory up!

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Lord Gato

• The Absolute
  • Outside the Clans
  • 660 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🍭 SUGAR RUSH.
    • View Profile
    • AlphaClan
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2016, 07:36:38 AM »
What's a Gato?
Spanish for cat and my pet cat & OC name, but the real one is smarter than the OC, because the real one is The Lord of all cats  :tongue:

Desmond Gato Sledge