December 14, 2017, 02:58:30 PM

Author Topic: Old Fantheories?  (Read 1227 times)

Offline amberstripe

Old Fantheories?
« on: November 15, 2015, 11:44:20 AM »
I was curious if anyone else had old fantheories that you loved but were destroyed by what actually happened in the books.

For me, when people were originally getting upset at the de-powering of StarClan in TPoT when around half of the series was out, i developed a fantheory that the prophecy didn't mean what we took it to mean. It says 'there will be three, kin of your kin, who hold the power of the stars in their paws'. I took that to mean they had inherited the literal power of StarClan, leaving StarClan itself powerless for the time being.
I'm still sorta pissed that this isn't what happened, as it would explain one of the things that annoyed people the most about the last two series, and create an interesting tension, because if any of the cats allied themselves with the dark forest they could potentially bring the dark forest some of the power that once belonged to StarClan.

so what's your dead fantheories?
#Save lightFlight 2k15

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50772 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
Re: Old Fantheories?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 07:47:15 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 11:35:40 PM »
Is this thread for ones that ended up being confirmed too?

For the longest time, I had a theory that Onewhisker was Tallstar's nephew, since Tallstar seems to trust him so much and as far as we knew Tallstar never had a mate.  This is confirmed in Tallstar's Revenge, although a big deal isn't made of it; it's just mentioned in passing.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 02:45:01 PM »
I remember back when TPoT was new, the big theory was that the three were actually Leafpool's kits. Then it actually happened and the whole fandom was just like "yep, saw that one coming" xD

I remember right after Bluestar's Prophecy, I also wanted Pinestar to end up as Firestar's father, because it would make Firestar and Tigerstar half brothers and I found that intriguing but then the Erins decided to just make Firestar and Scourge half brothers instead so it was like well good enough

By the way, this
For me, when people were originally getting upset at the de-powering of StarClan in TPoT when around half of the series was out, i developed a fantheory that the prophecy didn't mean what we took it to mean. It says 'there will be three, kin of your kin, who hold the power of the stars in their paws'. I took that to mean they had inherited the literal power of StarClan, leaving StarClan itself powerless for the time being.
I'm still sorta pissed that this isn't what happened, as it would explain one of the things that annoyed people the most about the last two series, and create an interesting tension, because if any of the cats allied themselves with the dark forest they could potentially bring the dark forest some of the power that once belonged to StarClan.
would have been SO INTERESTING and now I'm disappointed something similar didn't happen as well.

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline amberstripe

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 02:58:34 PM »
Oh man, I wanted Pinestar to be Firestar's father as well!! Though I thought that after we knew that Firestar and Scourge were half-siblings (i think it was confirmed by vicky pretty early), so I was hoping they were all related xD

And Lavender, I think I had a similar theory on Hollyleaf's power... i know i had all of their powers figured out as symbols of StarClan's powers via my aforementioned fantheory, but all that writing is buried in a reaaaallly bad old fanfic i made and I don't feel like trudging through that to remember what I thought Hollyleaf's Power was
#Save lightFlight 2k15

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 08:23:11 AM »
Oh man, I wanted Pinestar to be Firestar's father as well!! Though I thought that after we knew that Firestar and Scourge were half-siblings (i think it was confirmed by vicky pretty early), so I was hoping they were all related xD
Awwww~ One big happy family! :) that murders each other woops
Actually knowing Jake though, I find him satisfying as a father to Fire and Scourge

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 02:21:40 PM »
There was a really silly one around right when the first series ended and the new one was about to begin, but there was only speculation. People thought that it would be about new elementally powered Clans, EarthClan, FireClan, WaterClan, and AirClan. This was very prevalent among Warriors roleplayers at the time, and several people set up sites in anticipation of new Clans.

Fortunately, that didn't happen, because it would have been weird. It didn't really have anything to do with the series The Last Airbender either, as this happened just a bit beforehand. 

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17173 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 02:47:59 PM »
Awwww~ One big happy family! :) that murders each other woops
Actually knowing Jake though, I find him satisfying as a father to Fire and Scourge
Pinestar as Firestar's father? Yeah, I very much wanted that as well...and then Bluestar's Prophecy came out. I mean, I'm excited that Jake is Firestar's father... but the idea of Firestar and Tigerstar being half-brothers is a very exciting prospect that I would love to write about..

Another newer fan theory is that Gray Wing and Stormfur are somehow related.. I don't know why I came up with this, but I very much enjoy the idea of Gray Wing's kits somehow having a bloodline that leads to Willowpelt and Patchpelt, and thus Graystripe, his kits, and his grandkits. When I see Stormfur, I'm somehow reminded of Gray Wing for some odd reason...

I also joined the "Hollykit, Jaykit, and Lionkit are the kits of Crowfeather and Leafpool" club and have been calling that for a very long time. It was too easy to figure out.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Raintalon

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 02:50:30 PM »
I actually drew up evidence connecting at least two of the three to being Crow/Leaf kits; can't remember what I thought the other one was, but. Also, I remember distinctly wondering if Heather was also a Crow/Leaf kit and Crowfeather had taken her to WindClan so that Leafpool wouldn't have all four. Silly, but it happened.
Thanks for the avatar, Secret Santa!
There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose.
What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which.
A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails.
Sometimes it may never land at all...
-Grimsley

Offline amberstripe

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 04:25:03 PM »
Oh man, I did that too! Pretty sure I thought Jay & Holly were Leaf's and Lion was Squirrel's
#Save lightFlight 2k15

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 06:38:24 PM »
I just remembered that when I first read about Pinestar leaving the Clans I for some reason assumed that he was supposed to be Firestar's father. I think fandom disagreed with me on that actually but I wanted it for some reason xD

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1242 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Neon Skylite
  • Flowers, flowers...flowers?
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her please. They/them is fine, though.
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 09:41:18 PM »
I remember a theory I read about Ashfur being the three's father on a WCF post made in 2007 (or was it 8) a few months ago. They made REALLY longwinded family trees to explain Lionblaze's colours, and also Hollyleaf too bad Bluestar's prophecy didn't exist back then because Ashfur's grandpa was black and when Sunrise came out everyone in that thread was sooooo mad that Ashfur wasn't the father. Apparently they even tried vandalising the forums because they were so mad.
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

Offline Leer

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 08:22:29 PM »
I remember a long-winded theory of mine (i....believe? it was mine.) that I hoped was true that happened around the time TPOT was new. When we thought Hollyleaf would have powers, and with all the fox symbolism and stuff that happened in the first book of that series, we theorized she could turn INTO a fox.
Obviously that didn't happen.

Offline PinkheartII

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 03:40:19 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Another newer fan theory is that Gray Wing and Stormfur are somehow related.. I don't know why I came up with this, but I very much enjoy the idea of Gray Wing's kits somehow having a bloodline that leads to Willowpelt and Patchpelt, and thus Graystripe, his kits, and his grandkits. When I see Stormfur, I'm somehow reminded of Gray Wing for some odd reason...

I also joined the "Hollykit, Jaykit, and Lionkit are the kits of Crowfeather and Leafpool" club and have been calling that for a very long time. It was too easy to figure out.
[/quote]

I thought the EXACT same thing when I first DOTC, well, okay, not exactly. I too think Gray Wing is Stormfur's descendant, but rather, from Silverstream's side of the family instead of Graystripe's. I think one of Gray Wing's kits is Reedfeather's ancestor, Willowbreeze's WindClan father.

I heard about the Crowfeather and Leafpool theory from an Erin chat back when Outcast had just come out. When someone brought up the theory, Vicky replied in her usual wink, nudge, don't give a direct answer kind of way, but looking back on it, I can easily imagine her wondering, "Oh God, are we really that predictable?" I myself am kind of ashamed for not picking up on it before LS.