December 16, 2017, 04:41:33 PM

Author Topic: The Medicine Cat's Quest (Marigold)  (Read 446 times)

Offline Darkstar

The Medicine Cat's Quest (Marigold)
« on: August 22, 2016, 06:20:07 PM »
The medicine cat challenge is a very simple collection game. In order to acquire each of the herbs, you must complete a quest, either on the forum or in real life. The available herbs will change and rotate, giving everyone a chance to collect them. Once you reach a collection of herbs, you will receive a random amount of prey points, a random cat-related book (if you're comfortable giving out your address, be sure to note which books you already have), and a random cat-related object (again, if you're comfortable giving out your address). Along with this, you will receive a congratulations card and a random candy (please note any dietary restrictions). If you are uncomfortable with giving out your address, you will receive random prey points, a random trading card, and a valuable feather instead. You cannot have both options, however.

The current herb is marigold.

The tasks required to receive marigold are as follows...

1) Write an ode to the marigold flower, must be at least four lines of prose.
2) If you've got access to a ginger cat, take a video of you petting said cat and post it.
3) Make a free web page (on whichever platform, Wix, Webs, etc), dedicated to marigold, and post the link.
4) Buy some calendula tea and make it in a cat-themed mug. Then, take a picture of it.
5) Take a picture of an actual marigold flower (or alternatively, a packet of marigold seeds) and post it here.
6) Make a cupcake with golden batter and yellow frosting, then take a picture.
7) Glitter is always key, so use some red and golden glitter to make a picture of your favorite ginger Warriors cat.
8) More glitter is even better, so spritz yourself down in golden glitter body spray and take a picture in good lighting, shining bright.
9) Acquire three TCG cards of ginger colored cats and report which ones you've bought. They  will be taken out of your inventory, though, so choose wisely.
10) Sneak the word 'marigold' into three of your posts on the forum, whether you use it as a censor or just throw it in bizarrely.

Keep in mind, some of these activities may include use of your own money. If you are unable to do these challenges right now, wait for the herb to come back around and try again. Activities are likely to change.

This is essentially a grander scale scavenger hunt, over-arching instead of being fast paced. You may claim a post to put your entries in and you will be awarded with your marigold once the challenge is deemed over in two weeks from the time this was posted.

You must complete at least seven of the tasks on the list in order to qualify for the marigold. Everything on this list has to be done currently, no prior images/videos/etc are accepted.

If there's any clarification needed, please message modmin Darkstar.

May StarClan light your path, medicine cats.

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline Splashy

• RiverClan
  • 208 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Splashy
  • who lives who dies who tells your story
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to RiverClan!
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
  • Mood: Fruity
Re: The Medicine Cat's Quest (Marigold)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 10:57:04 PM »
let's gooooo

10) Sneak the word 'marigold' into three of your posts on the forum, whether you use it as a censor or just throw it in bizarrely.
1 2 3

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1242 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Neon Skylite
  • Flowers, flowers...flowers?
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her please. They/them is fine, though.
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 03:04:14 AM »

Marigold flowers, a field of gold and red.
Your petals please me,
Your delicate stems are a beauty!
Enclose me in your yellow,
Surround me in red!
I wouldn't want just any flower,
I'd like you instead!

2) If you've got access to a ginger cat, take a video of you petting said cat and post it.
3) Make a free web page (on whichever platform, Wix, Webs, etc), dedicated to marigold, and post the link.
4) Buy some calendula tea and make it in a cat-themed mug. Then, take a picture of it.
5) Take a picture of an actual marigold flower (or alternatively, a packet of marigold seeds) and post it here.
7) Glitter is always key, so use some red and golden glitter to make a picture of your favorite ginger Warriors cat.
8) More glitter is even better, so spritz yourself down in golden glitter body spray and take a picture in good lighting, shining bright.
9) Acquire three TCG cards of ginger colored cats and report which ones you've bought. They  will be taken out of your inventory, though, so choose wisely.
Blew halfa my cash for a Fireheart, Flametail and Rusty. Now give me my marigold!
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 06:07:06 PM »
I'm going to extend this a little bit in case people forgot about it!

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 09:36:47 PM »
Oh shoot, been so busy in the last month I didn't even think about this. I'll try and make some time. EDIT: Done!

A clumsy limerick about my search for marigold flowers:

Yellow or orange, ruffly and round
Where are you? Nowhere to be found
I guess it is fall
Too late overall
To find any growing in the ground!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Fireheart, Flametail, Squirrelflight.

1, 2, 3