December 14, 2017, 04:45:38 PM

Author Topic: The Medicine Cat's Quest (Borage)  (Read 581 times)

Offline Darkstar

The Medicine Cat's Quest (Borage)
« on: August 29, 2015, 09:22:46 PM »
The medicine cat challenge is a very simple collection game. In order to acquire each of the herbs, you must complete a quest, either on the forum or in real life. The available herbs will change and rotate, giving everyone a chance to collect them. Once you reach a collection of herbs, you will receive a random amount of prey points, a random cat-related book (if you're comfortable giving out your address, be sure to note which books you already have), and a random cat-related object (again, if you're comfortable giving out your address). Along with this, you will receive a congratulations card and a random candy (please note any dietary restrictions). If you are uncomfortable with giving out your address, you will receive random prey points, a random trading card, and a valuable feather instead. You cannot have both options, however.

The current herb is borage.

The tasks required to receive borage are as follows...

1) Find a gray (blue) cat and take a picture of them lying down.
2) Make some blue raspberry Kool-Aid, propose a toast to your favorite warrior cat, and chug the whole glass.
3) Creatively Photoshop yourself onto a picture of borage.
4) Go to your nearest breakfast-serving restaurant, buy blueberry pancakes, and when they arrive, record yourself exclaiming, "For ThunderClan!" before taking a big bite.
5) Go to the zoo and take a picture of an elephant, a sting ray, and a leopard.
6) Pick a quote from a book that has something to do with the color blue and record yourself saying it.
7) Acquire some borage and take a picture of yourself pretending to eat it.
8) Dress up like a cat and take a picture of yourself.
9) Buy glow stars, stick them on your ceiling, and take a picture of them in the dark.
10) Record yourself eating an entire, large Brussels sprout.

Keep in mind, some of these activities may include use of your own money. If you are unable to do these challenges right now, wait for the herb to come back around and try again. Activities are likely to change.

This is essentially a grander scale scavenger hunt, over-arching instead of being fast paced. You may claim a post to put your entries in and you will be awarded with your borage once the challenge is deemed over in two weeks from the time this was posted.

You must complete at least seven of the tasks on the list in order to qualify for the borage. Everything on this list has to be done currently, no prior images/videos/etc are accepted.

If there's any clarification needed, please message modmin Darkstar.

May StarClan light your path, medicine cats.

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline Addeh

Re: The Medicine Cat's Quest (Borage)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 11:05:35 PM »
aight...reserving. i think i can do this :p

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
tumblr

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 01:07:43 PM »
Looks like I'll have to sit this one out for once.  :<

Offline glimmer

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 08:14:38 PM »
tentative reservation - hopefully i'll be able to do this!

blinkie by moss | pixel & clks by altias
(click to show/hide)

Offline Splashy

• RiverClan
  • 208 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Splashy
  • who lives who dies who tells your story
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to RiverClan!
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 10:10:22 PM »
this one will be an adventure let's see if this will happen
need to go fetch my cat mask from the city in this case

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 04:01:43 AM »
I'm guessing that the reason that this didn't get as much activity was because of how difficult the challenges were.  For me, these were the ones that made it not doable for me:

(Don't have a cat, and don't really know anyone who does)

4) Go to your nearest breakfast-serving restaurant, buy blueberry pancakes, and when they arrive, record yourself exclaiming, "For ThunderClan!" before taking a big bite.
(Technically not impossible, but going to a restaurant alone, and then doing something like that in public... might as well be impossible for someone who is so painfully shy/socially awkward that even going shopping at Walmart can be stressful sometimes.  It wouldn't be so bad in my own home - by myself with nobody to watch me - but not in public.)

5) Go to the zoo and take a picture of an elephant, a sting ray, and a leopard.

(Don't have a real zoo anywhere remotely near, and even the major one in the next state doesn't have elephants)

7) Acquire some borage and take a picture of yourself pretending to eat it.

(None around here)

Offline Heron

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 08:10:11 AM »
Adding on to Dawnwing's post: an awful lot of these require a photo or video or whatever of yourself. I counted, and it was something like seven out of ten tasks that required recording yourself in some way.
Now, I know that I tend to be a little overly concerned about privacy, so maybe this isn't an issue for other people. But personally, I'm not super comfortable putting photos and stuff of myself up on here (or basically anywhere on the internet, for that matter). That makes the medicine cat challenges basically impossible. Not everyone's going to be comfortable putting their real-life face/voice/whatever on an internet forum.

Offline Tom

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 03:26:45 AM »
Adding on to Dawnwing's post: an awful lot of these require a photo or video or whatever of yourself. I counted, and it was something like seven out of ten tasks that required recording yourself in some way.
Now, I know that I tend to be a little overly concerned about privacy, so maybe this isn't an issue for other people. But personally, I'm not super comfortable putting photos and stuff of myself up on here (or basically anywhere on the internet, for that matter). That makes the medicine cat challenges basically impossible. Not everyone's going to be comfortable putting their real-life face/voice/whatever on an internet forum.

Same here to an extent.... :/ I didn't join in the last one either because I'm lame, but I would love to give these a try if it's possible for me in the future.

Sorry T_T

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake