November 25, 2017, 01:32:07 AM

Author Topic: media center issues?  (Read 271 times)

Offline Spellmaster

media center issues?
« on: June 09, 2016, 11:12:20 PM »
not the media center itself, actually, everything looks fine when I preview it there, but certain images are breaking when I try to view them anywhere else... the direct link just gives me this, and when posted on a thread they look like this:

the weird thing is that it's not happening consistently?? some days some pictures show up while others disappear, and then other days they switch. I don't think it's just my internet/computer because everything else displays fine, and afaik the album settings/permissions haven't changed ... the error message looks like it has something to do with the coding on the new theme, but it happens on any theme, and if it's a code thing I'm really curious as to why it's doing it only some of the time

anyway most images seem to be totally unaffected, so it's not a huge deal, but I thought I should ask if anyone else is experiencing this or knows why it's happening. it's making it hard to see my 100 themes gallery ;(

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: media center issues?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 02:50:53 PM »
It might just be on your end? I went and looked at your 100 theme thread and none of the images were broken for me o_O

if it's especially bad you could always try rehosting the images on imgur or something

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Spellmaster

Re: media center issues?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 11:21:46 PM »
hmm well if it's not happening to anyone else then maybe so... I also feel like I've seen it happening only with images I've uploaded, and no one else's somehow??

but I still have no idea why D: it's different than when images just fail to load (nothing has unbroken since I made this thread), and the error code is so specific... I suppose clearing my cache might help but I have game data in there so I can't try it

ah well there's always tumblr, I was considering posting everything there anyway