April 28, 2017, 06:43:49 PM

Author Topic: Secret Santa?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Tom

Re: Secret Santa?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016, 08:35:53 AM »
If we have a Secret Satan I'd be totally down for that

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016, 12:05:27 PM »
its not rly a secret that im satan tho
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 03:06:25 PM »
warriors wish halloween trick or treating party yes please!!!

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Meadowbreeze

• Elder
  • 5771 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Meadowbreeze
  • every spark into a flame
    • 🍂 LEAVES! LEAVES! LEAVES!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she or her
  • Mood: Mellow
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 03:40:36 PM »
So much for trying to bring summer activity to the forum But lets do this!

Thanks for the avatar ss!
Thanks for the sig other ss!

May you find a shiny Glaceon in your travels.

Offline Tom

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 04:06:02 PM »
I'm not down for secret Satan anymore

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Vegas

• Warrior
  • 24 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Vegas
  • Bly Skood
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 05:59:07 PM »
I would volunteer to host but older members have more experience with this sort of thing. Any takers? I'd love to help out but I'd feel more comfortable with someone else running it ^^
(click to show/hide)

My Aesthetic Dealer is Altias
My Sugar Mentor is Lavender
Ww's sexy little secret hunchback is
Tomme

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016, 06:11:25 PM »
I honestly think you should go for it Vegas, especially if you already have some ideas! :D

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Wolfie

• Wolfstorm
  • Warrior
  • 304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Wolfie
  • I never know what I'm doing
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2016, 07:20:00 PM »
Woah, so this talk about Halloween actually gave me an idea! Since the traditions for Christmas and halloween are slightly different, we can change the premise a little if we want to! We can't really send treats like you are suppose to get at halloween, but we can perhaps do something along the lines of sending people a picture via pm or call out to them on a special thread for it of our personas in any halloween costume that we want to draw ourselves in (or as someone in the shops to do it, which would get more business in for them), say trick or treat! and the people have about two weeks to send something back, whether that is a doodle, prey points, simple edit etc. They should be quick little gifts since it is not a one on one interaction but rather giving stuff to multiple people.

Are people interested in something like that? I would be down for that

That's an interesting idea! But I dunno how much time everybody would have for a custom thing for each trick or treater. Maybe just like a general thing, like... one person has a thread where they have little doodles of candies and the code to put it as your avatar or in your signature. Kinda like leaving out a candy bowl for people to get. And of course, some people might only give out 1 thing and that's totally fine. Just leave it up to people to see how much effort they want to put into it.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea for the code thing, since a lot of people DO just leave out candies (and on here, there is no way that the first person can just hoard all the candies). As a clarification, for the custom thing, it is really only meant to be a five minute thing, or prey points or something that doesn't take long at all, unlike with SS that it is more encouraged to put more effort into it. However, people can decide how much they want to put together for the people gathering "treats"! I think that'll be part of the fun of it!

It seems like you might get pushed into doing this though Vegas, so I can step in for a secondary helper/co-host if needed I guess. Halloween is on a Monday this year, so I will be online for at least part of the day, but there is both a weekend and midterms which means I won't be only for the couple of days before that, so I wouldn't be a first choice for the main host. I don't know if you need two people for this though.

Thank you SS!
Felt my signature is too large and too lazy to resize at the moment
(click to show/hide)
Thank you for the grab-bag gift Dustfeather!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Vegas

• Warrior
  • 24 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Vegas
  • Bly Skood
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2016, 11:09:51 PM »
If I was going to run it, I'll most likely follow how it was done last year. But I want to check to see how much interest the halloween idea gets. Maybe put up a poll and see if everyone is more on board with that or if they prefer Secret Santa or whatever. I'll run some ideas by the mods and see if they approve and hopefully we can get the ball rolling ^^
(click to show/hide)

Tomme

Offline Vegas

• Warrior
  • 24 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Vegas
  • Bly Skood
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 01:29:07 PM »
Okay so, I came up with one more idea last night. We create a collective "candy bowl" thread where people drop off their creations. And basically, we assign numbers to the creations and everybody rolls to receive their prize. We'd need an equal number of participants and creations for this to work. But that way everybody submits and receives something!

Also, we could have a "grand prize" like a feather that everybody rolls separately for and only one lucky person gets.
Or, we could all vote on who made the most creative piece and the creator receives a feather or something for that.

Whaddaya think? The last two parts we don't have to do but just thought I'd throw it out there! I'd love to hear any feedback or ideas anybody wants to propose~
(click to show/hide)

Tomme

Offline Meadowbreeze

• Elder
  • 5771 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2016, 05:12:09 PM »
That first idea sounds cool and a lot simpler! I would also like it if we dressed up our fursonas because that would be adorable. I could also help you work out some details, if you want.

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17119 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2016, 06:29:37 PM »
That first idea sounds cool and a lot simpler! I would also like it if we dressed up our fursonas because that would be adorable. I could also help you work out some details, if you want.
This has my attention lmao
I love these kinds of things so much tbh. I'm up for pretty much anything and everything at this point. I love secret santa so much and seeing all of the different gifts makes me happy.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Spellmaster

• Strong Black-Furred Loner Who Don't Need No Clan
  • Elder
  • 114 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Spellmaster
  • alike unfit to sink or soar
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • ruination-fangs @ tumblr
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2016, 06:42:59 PM »
I think the candy bowl idea would work well for a trick-or-treat themed event! that way everyone can make something and everyone gets something but everything will still be a surprise

two ideas:
1. add in one or a few Rare Grand Prizes (like a feather or some cards) and let the numbers get uneven. whoever wants to participate can create and send in as many prizes as they want, and the "candy bowl" just fills up until halloween. then even the people who didn't or couldn't put anything in could have a chance to get something out (though priority goes to the people who did contribute)
2. if we'd rather keep the numbers even, there could be a smaller extra component, like a random amount of prey points attached to each prize? so your roll gets you a prize created by someone else + some pp, all up to chance

the other ideas sound good too but if they don't fit in here we could always save them for other events~

re: dressing up, did we ever have any theme weeks?? we should do theme weeks again

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17119 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 01:38:19 AM »
I think the candy bowl idea would work well for a trick-or-treat themed event! that way everyone can make something and everyone gets something but everything will still be a surprise

two ideas:
1. add in one or a few Rare Grand Prizes (like a feather or some cards) and let the numbers get uneven. whoever wants to participate can create and send in as many prizes as they want, and the "candy bowl" just fills up until halloween. then even the people who didn't or couldn't put anything in could have a chance to get something out (though priority goes to the people who did contribute)
2. if we'd rather keep the numbers even, there could be a smaller extra component, like a random amount of prey points attached to each prize? so your roll gets you a prize created by someone else + some pp, all up to chance

the other ideas sound good too but if they don't fit in here we could always save them for other events~

re: dressing up, did we ever have any theme weeks?? we should do theme weeks again

I love that idea. I'd be totally fine with that. Could we make custom feathers or other little pixels and fun things like that? I'm pretty good with pixel art and could totally try and throw something together.

We had something like that last year, with "dressing up"!! But maybe this year we could do our fursonas/OCs instead of characters? I know I had loads of fun acting as a different character...but it's been a long time since I've done anything with my OC.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Meadowbreeze

• Elder
  • 5771 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2016, 02:58:57 PM »

two ideas:

I love that idea. I'd be totally fine with that. Could we make custom feathers or other little pixels and fun things like that? I'm pretty good with pixel art and could totally try and throw something together.

We had something like that last year, with "dressing up"!! But maybe this year we could do our fursonas/OCs instead of characters? I know I had loads of fun acting as a different character...but it's been a long time since I've done anything with my OC.
Yas I want to see Meadowbreeze as a Glaceon