November 25, 2017, 01:26:15 AM

Author Topic: Old Member New Member  (Read 397 times)

Offline AliceMwa

Old Member New Member
« on: July 23, 2016, 11:30:22 PM »
I've been with the forum since the original. I used to have to lie about my age in order to get on here. Now I'm married. Time flies. Um, I figure the forum got reset again. I haven't been on in a while, and when I logged into my old account, it said it didn't exist anymore. And the forum layout it all different, too.
I came back missing old faces and looking forward to meeting new ones, though I will mostly be a lurker. I was huge on the Roleplaying boards at one point, but the Non-Warrior section doesn't have topics.

When I first started warrior's I was very depressed in real life, struggling with an abusive home, and an inability to make friends. This continued from the original forum to the last version (that gives you an idea of years) . As a result, I was lonely and depressed and I lied about myself in the hopes of gaining friends and approval. I would get scared about the stuff that was true that I did disclose, and I lied about some severe events  in the hopes it would make me "disappear" from the server and prevent crazy internet hunting rapists from finding me. (My  mother made me watch those creepy "girl missing" documentary specials that would air in order to scare me from talking to people online. I think I was seven when she made me watch the first one of a girl being raped and rolled into a carpet. I had massive paranoia.) I feel very embarrassed by my prior actions, although I was a very active member and knew essentially everyone. I still recognize most of the usernames I've seen so far. Very nice to see so many of you have stayed with Warrior's for so long!

Getting off topic: Long story short, a  lot of people didn't like me for my fibs, and I only had a few friends on here. I've grown up a lot, moved out, got some therapy, went off my medication, and life is a lot better. So I'm starting fresh with a new username.  Really trying to put some stuff in the past. Just thinking about some of the stuff I did makes me want to delete this post and sign off.

But there's a number of you I've sincerely missed, and my only way of talking to you was via this website. So I came back for you.  Warrior's Wish helped me get through a really rough point in my life. Sometimes I really think I wouldn't have made it without you. Life was hell, but I could log onto to this forum and talk to people any hour of the day and it made things a little bit more bearable. At one point I practically lived on the computer because I was on this site non-stop. (I was homeschooled, I'd post while I worked on school work).

I guess no matter how many years go by, I still wind up signing back up.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: Old Member New Member
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 12:28:06 AM »
Hi, its always good to have an old member back ^_^
listen though, what's in the past, whatever you did I'm sure is completely forgivable. Lots of us were silly kids back in the old days and lots of us did regrettable things. I for one am glad you're in a much better situation now, and I don't want to hold anything against you. (idk who you used to be or if we knew each other but...still!)

So, yes, welcome back and I hope you enjoy the stay :3
(the summer has been a bit slow, hopefully it picks back up sometime soon though :P)

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Dustfeather

• (not a feather duster)
  • ShadowClan
  • 46840 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dustfeather
  • ♫ I fought urlawn and urlawn won~ ♫
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ShadowClan!
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • Vague as the Shadow
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 04:29:22 PM »
Welcome back to the forum! ^_^ I know what you mean about always coming back and signing up - Warrior's Wish is the sort of community that's very easy to get attached to :)

Cat image from Sobi. Lyrics by Twilight Force.

Offline Wolfie

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 09:32:52 PM »
Hi, it's nice to meet you (again?) haha don't worry about stupid stuff that you said in the past. I bet everyone here that is a old folk has had some moments of "oh man, that was a really dumb thing that I did" but people here are quite forgiving, even if they do remember.

Anyway, hopefully you'll have a great time here!

Thank you SS!
Felt my signature is too large and too lazy to resize at the moment
(click to show/hide)
Thank you for the grab-bag gift Dustfeather!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 10:00:55 AM »
Believe me, we all make mistakes! I've made quite a few in my time on here, and I've let my temper get out of control more than once. Welcome back, though!

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline xRogue

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 12:35:57 PM »
We're all lucky to have such an amazing person join us on this forum! I do look forward to learning more about you through normal talk when we meet on threads.  :grin: Definitely not stalking you. Definitely...

Offline Tom

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 07:16:07 AM »
Hey welcome back!! Your name seems familiar but I can't remember if we've met.. I used to go by Scary/Scarynose. See you around :)

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake