June 29, 2017, 07:25:49 AM

Author Topic: Shutdown of the Warriors Official Forums  (Read 762 times)

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 213 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
  • Mood: Tired
Shutdown of the Warriors Official Forums
« on: July 29, 2016, 01:33:32 PM »
self explanatory
I hope some ppl make sure to save the rare info from here before it shuts down though
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: Shutdown of the Warriors Official Forums
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 02:19:17 PM »
What? Wow, this is huge O_O

I wonder why they are doing it? Perhaps they want their other media sites like facebook to be more of their big focus (and also I guess not pay whatever the forum hosting costs)

Still though, I'm surprised. I haven't been on there in years and wouldn't know the first place to grab info from tbh

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17149 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 09:12:56 PM »
While it's kinda sad, I'm laughing my coconut off at some of the comments.

thank you lord and savior Alex moderator

you have given hundreds of ppl the opportunity to go out and get a life :')

for this, we are grateful

FINALLY I'M FREE.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Heron

• StarClanner
  • 50 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Heron
  • RUNNING IN THE 90'S
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 01:58:53 AM »
Wow, I wasn't expecting that. Was the forum still popular?

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17149 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 07:11:05 AM »
Wow, I wasn't expecting that. Was the forum still popular?
Yeah, to a point... but their strict rules when it comes to certain things is what turned a lot of people away from it. I know I personally don't care for it due to them basically banning anyone who would mention same-sex relationships. Not sure if they finally let up on that or not.
It's also really popular with the younger fans (I mean kids eleven to fourteen), and that's the main age demographic I've seen there... I joined when it was first created and the amount of COPPA violators made my head spin.

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1214 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Neon Skylite
  • Flowers, flowers...flowers?
    • 🔮 I can see into the future!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her please. They/them is fine, though.
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 10:25:21 PM »
I really never liked it. I found a lot of off-topic people. You could go into the "Power of Three" section and there'd be a thread about someone who wanted to talk about how they liked Megara from Hercules, then justify it by making the last sentence a Warriors-related one. You also couldn't make a debate like "Is Hollyleaf a good character or not?" without having your debate being shot down in a hour.
For me, I also didn't like how older people attacked the newer RP'ers. Let them have their fun. It doesn't affect you if someone knows the difference between "strait" and "straight" or not.
So yeah, I'm off to celebrate.
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 11:21:15 PM »
I do remember a lot of problems with off topicness but it was a long time ago that I was even on there. I think I mostly posted in art related threads when I did go there

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Wolfie

• Wolfstorm
  • Warrior
  • 304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Wolfie
  • I never know what I'm doing
    • 🍂 LEAVES! LEAVES! LEAVES!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 09:20:19 PM »
lol oh no, now I'll never see if the name Jizzpaw would have made it through the censors... or something to that effect. I had the prefect name to try that would have probably made it through but I forget it now and see how long it would have taken for me to get banned for inappropriate name. I better hurry up and figure it out.

On the plus note, do you guys think that this may actually be a good thing for us? I know that forums are not as much the in thing which might be part of the problem, but we can once again become the go-to place for warrior fans that want to discuss warriors on a forum setting. Like vultures, we can cash in on this, because it's not like we have had herds of new people in.

Thank you SS!
Felt my signature is too large and too lazy to resize at the moment
(click to show/hide)
Thank you for the grab-bag gift Dustfeather!
(click to show/hide)

Offline runningfire

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 09:21:45 AM »
so yesterday we were in the car and my mom randomly goes "hey we got an e-mail from erin hunter and the warriors forum that they're shutting down"

and i blanked because i kind of forgot the official forum was even a thing. and i don't remember ever signing up for it. but apparently i did.

anyway that's the story of how i found out about this.
i fell in a hole

Offline luna

• anime was a mistake
  • Kit
  • 582 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To luna
  • what on god's green earth
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: anything but he/him
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 11:48:23 AM »
speaking as someone who frequented wcf, yes, we were allowed to discuss and roleplay lgbta+. the terms became uncensored earlier this year

but y'know it's kind of implied they did that only because wcf was going to be shut down later this year which is honestly a bit sad

Offline xRogue

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 05:45:46 PM »
speaking as someone who frequented wcf, yes, we were allowed to discuss and roleplay lgbta+. the terms became uncensored earlier this year

but y'know it's kind of implied they did that only because wcf was going to be shut down later this year which is honestly a bit sad

It is actually sad. There's a lot of history on that forum, I remember eagerly reading all the replies when I finished reading the books. All the history and the mini-world that was built will be forgotten or erased. Have they even come up for a reason to take down the forums?

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17149 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 06:28:54 PM »

Glad to hear they did eventually uncensor them.... but if it really was because they were going to shut down the forum, then I guess it goes to show what they really think. "Oh well the place is gonna close might as well let them do what they want since it won't be for long anyways"
idk the forum and its mods have always struck me the wrong way, and the fact that they didn't even give much of a notice is also infuriating. I'm positive they knew about this on the HC end for ages now.

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 10:25:19 PM »

It is actually sad. There's a lot of history on that forum, I remember eagerly reading all the replies when I finished reading the books. All the history and the mini-world that was built will be forgotten or erased. Have they even come up for a reason to take down the forums?
By my reckoning, the website was probably too costly for them to maintain. Especially if they paid staff for its moderation and general maintenance.

You should try and save everything that you even remotely want to keep, screenshot it even if you have to. Heck if anyone has stuff from there they need help saving let me know and I will help too.

~Happy Halloween~

Offline luna

• anime was a mistake
  • Kit
  • 582 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To luna
  • what on god's green earth
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: anything but he/him
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 04:07:24 PM »
they didn't exactly make it clear on why they were closing, but we kind of figured it was just getting too expensive and not a lot of benefits for harpercollins.

the new forums are better anyways! http://wcrpforums.com/ (i mentioned it on skype like two days ago)

Offline xRogue

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 05:24:38 AM »

By my reckoning, the website was probably too costly for them to maintain. Especially if they paid staff for its moderation and general maintenance.

You should try and save everything that you even remotely want to keep, screenshot it even if you have to. Heck if anyone has stuff from there they need help saving let me know and I will help too.

Possibly, but if moderation was free it would cost $100 a year tops for the whole website. Forum wouldn't be extra.

they didn't exactly make it clear on why they were closing, but we kind of figured it was just getting too expensive and not a lot of benefits for harpercollins.

the new forums are better anyways! http://wcrpforums.com/ (i mentioned it on skype like two days ago)

Maybe, but it's a bit more centered on RP, something I'm not a huge fan of.  :cheesy: