July 27, 2017, 09:33:04 AM

Author Topic: Is Dawn of the Clans a one time thing?  (Read 437 times)

Offline xRogue

Is Dawn of the Clans a one time thing?
« on: August 03, 2016, 05:43:07 AM »
When I heard that DotC was coming out back in late 2012 I was extremely happy, it was finally a break from the good old story we've been following for a long time. I've been reading it and enjoying it a lot so far, as I'm on the 5th book the end of the series draws near. I thought AVoS was a continuation of it, but it seems to be not the case. I later saw that A Vision of Shadows was centered around Bramblestar's camp. While it is exciting that we're finally back to the main storyline. I REALLY want to explore the dawn of the clans MUCH further. I'm too emotionally invested right now to just leave it be at the end of the sixth book. Has there been any plans for a whole storyline dedicated to the second part of Dawn of the Clans?   :cry:

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: Is Dawn of the Clans a one time thing?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 08:27:37 AM »
I mean I wouldn't be surprised if the Erins did more to expand upon that series, they kind of skip around on what they are focusing on so it's not out of the question!

And heck, I would be surprised if they didn't at least have more DotC-centric super editions.

I still need to read the entirety of DotC but I liked Moth Flight's Vision well enough

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17157 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 08:33:10 AM »
Well, we do have Moth Flight's Vision, and there's also a novella called Thunder's Echo that features the Dawn of the Clans cats... but other than that, I'm not sure if we'll see more. Kinda sucks, I love the arc and the early days of the Clans are so much better than the modern arcs.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline xRogue

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 12:26:25 PM »
Well, we do have Moth Flight's Vision, and there's also a novella called Thunder's Echo that features the Dawn of the Clans cats... but other than that, I'm not sure if we'll see more. Kinda sucks, I love the arc and the early days of the Clans are so much better than the modern arcs.

Aww, my worst fears, fam. I really wanted to explore the lore by going to where the clans began.

Offline Spellmaster

• Strong Black-Furred Loner Who Don't Need No Clan
  • Elder
  • 130 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Spellmaster
  • alike unfit to sink or soar
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • ruination-fangs @ tumblr
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 06:09:26 PM »
I've been rereading the old guide books lately, and noticing how much of the information about the lore/early clans doesn't always match up with DotC canon (or even between the guides), so I wonder if part of the reason they're not readily continuing DotC is having to sort out those conflicts... though I think a lot of that old info is jossed anyway. but still, filling in the gap would mean having to iron out all the details of how the early groups became the modern clans, when there's already conflicting information about some of those things, and the rest still have to be made up. I think that's something that plenty of fans are curious about, but I can understand why they might not be eager to sort it all out and come up with good reasons for all of it :P

but yeah, it's always possible they'll return to it later on. or even if they don't write another whole series, they might just continue to expand on the DotC world with more one-shot stories or guides. skyclan got two SEs, after all, and there are novellas everywhere, so they might do the same for the pre-clan timeframe if there's more to tell there...

if they do, is there anything specific you guys want to see covered? I haven't read moth flight's vision yet so idk what I'm still missing, but I'm particularly curious about how their names got mashed together into single words, after a long history of two-word phrases. (I always thought "how would that even happen," but a simple way just occurred to me...) and I'm always interested in seeing more of shadowclan and riverclan, since they were the only groups that didn't have a pov character at the end. I would totally read a story about pebble heart or tall shadow...

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 06:18:20 PM »
my last post here got deleted orz
but yeah I still think it's possible they'll do more series even if the information doesn't align perfectly with what's in the guide books. Though you have a good point they might not be able to work out a good way to make it fit perfectly.

I still think it's almost a sure thing we'll get more dotc related Super Editions though I wouldn't be able to guess which character they might pick!

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Owlfrost

• Kit
  • 120 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Owlfrost
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • StrawberryTiki
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her (or) They/Them
  • Mood: Optimistic
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 06:10:04 PM »
I just started reading Dawn of the Clans and it's really, really good. I was in the middle of reading Dawn, but I just could not get invested. Taking a break from the modern Clan life was a good idea. I'm really enjoying The Sun Trail. I hope they expand more on it.