November 25, 2017, 01:30:23 AM

Author Topic: I have an idea to revive the forum.  (Read 614 times)

Offline xRogue

I have an idea to revive the forum.
« on: August 03, 2016, 10:42:06 AM »
We could go to the official Warrior Cats forums and advertise there as they're shutting down. We do kind of need to do it fast before it does shut down truly.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: I have an idea to revive the forum.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 02:58:37 PM »
I think Darkstar was doing that for a bit. It seems most of the users have already been siphoned off by wcrp or whatever it's called, sadly for us

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 03:38:49 PM »
Based on the activity over the past few days, it looks like we've already managed to nab a few new members. :)

I do really like the idea, but how would that work? I looked through some of the thread announcing that the forum was closing, and it looks like they're still removing links to outside sites. Do they get rid of mentions of other sites as well?

Another issue I think is that we're not entirely focused on Warriors anymore. We've still got the Warriors boards, but there's even more general discussion going on. I feel like some members have been turned off by that in the past.

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 07:43:38 PM »
I did make an attempt to advertise, but it seems to have only worked a small amount!

thanks to altias for the pixel

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 07:19:49 AM »
Another issue I think is that we're not entirely focused on Warriors anymore. We've still got the Warriors boards, but there's even more general discussion going on. I feel like some members have been turned off by that in the past.
I think a decent number of us here do want to discuss warriors more but when there's only maybe a couple people posting in each topic it becomes stale fast, if we had new members that were posting in the warriors section I think it could be revitalized. Same with the RP section which couldn't even take off due to our low numbers in most part. We need numbers to get those going, but we need those going to have a better chance at getting more members. A vicious cycle.

I worry most about the fact that so many people here are already close friends, it can be intimidating to new people I'm sure :(

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 08:30:10 AM »
I agree with dfw, my underoos and I are inseparable. It might be intimidating
Empress of the Pagebottom

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 08:39:13 AM »
dangit heat stop jorting the newbies :(

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Demonstar

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 09:53:14 AM »
i haven't been on the of in ages :P but i remember it being very cool and random

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 10:26:09 AM »
I think a decent number of us here do want to discuss warriors more but when there's only maybe a couple people posting in each topic it becomes stale fast, if we had new members that were posting in the warriors section I think it could be revitalized. Same with the RP section which couldn't even take off due to our low numbers in most part. We need numbers to get those going, but we need those going to have a better chance at getting more members. A vicious cycle.
Yeah, this is kind of what I'm getting at. People come here looking for a Warriors forum, but the level of activity in the boards leads them to leave after a while. I feel like we've lost a few members to this. Getting people isn't the problem, keeping them is.

I worry most about the fact that so many people here are already close friends, it can be intimidating to new people I'm sure :(
This is probably also a factor.

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 11:44:56 AM »

no

Offline xRogue

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 12:50:46 PM »

no

Yeah, you're really creepy to us.  :( Can you stop it, please?

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 03:38:02 PM »
That's rude :( my underoos are wonderful

Offline Wolfie

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 02:47:14 PM »
Heat, your underoos are awful and they have a hole in them. Fix it >:c

Thank you SS!
Felt my signature is too large and too lazy to resize at the moment
(click to show/hide)
Thank you for the grab-bag gift Dustfeather!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 08:10:12 PM »
no i call them my tomato underoos 4 a reason