September 21, 2017, 07:49:43 PM

Author Topic: Can this site ever be taken down for legal purposes  (Read 601 times)

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: Can this site ever be taken down for legal purposes
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 01:48:49 AM »
copyright violations only ever get in trouble if they're making money off the content, which we aren't so it's doubtful we would have trouble for copyright reasons.

discussion forums exist for basically every fandom out there, and generally you don't want to make your fans mad by taking that away from them. So yeah, theoretically they could go after us but I promise you....they won't....

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline xRogue

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 10:04:08 AM »
copyright violations only ever get in trouble if they're making money off the content, which we aren't so it's doubtful we would have trouble for copyright reasons.

discussion forums exist for basically every fandom out there, and generally you don't want to make your fans mad by taking that away from them. So yeah, theoretically they could go after us but I promise you....they won't....

God dammit DFW, you've jinxed us all.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 01:00:03 PM »
D: nuh uhhhhh
wuhwuh will live on!!

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Wolfie

• Wolfstorm
  • Warrior
  • 304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Wolfie
  • I never know what I'm doing
    • 🍂 LEAVES! LEAVES! LEAVES!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 02:45:13 PM »
If they were gonna do it to Ww, they would have eons ago back when Warriors Wish was super relevant and had the main site with edited art up the wazoo on it, and not just a bunch of old geezers hanging out. 

I believe that the higher ups knew of Warriors Wish but they did nothing. Dealing with this type of stuff is more effort than it's worth. Why would you pay someone to do something that is zero benefit to you, and would piss fans off? That's just bad business. HarperCollins may be dumb sometimes, but I assume that to be as successful as they are, SOMEONE  there has two braincells to rub together.

Thank you SS!
Felt my signature is too large and too lazy to resize at the moment
(click to show/hide)
Thank you for the grab-bag gift Dustfeather!
(click to show/hide)