November 25, 2017, 01:36:22 AM

Author Topic: Hello ^^  (Read 717 times)

Offline Magpie Tail

Hello ^^
« on: August 21, 2016, 04:40:38 PM »
Hi, it's my first time on an english's forum, I'm really happy to be here. I've been reading Warriors since 2007, when the first book came out in french. Since I'm a native bilingual, I continue reading in English after Eclipse, but I was still hanging on french's forum so I never really had a chance to meet people in the english's community. So that's why I register here ^^ I'm currently reading the Dawn of the Clans' arc, I already read most of the novellas and supereditions and I'm saving money for the guide books right now, so I guess I can discuss on most of topics (I love debates u.u). So, I think, that's it. If you've more questions to ask me, I'll  be happy to answer ! ^^

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: Hello ^^
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 04:50:23 PM »
Welcome to Warriors Wish! That's really cool that you speak French, I think a few of our members speak a bit of French as well, I'm sure they would be excited to talk to you!

I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Dustfeather

• (not a feather duster)
  • ShadowClan
  • 46840 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dustfeather
  • ♫ I fought urlawn and urlawn won~ ♫
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ShadowClan!
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • Vague as the Shadow
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 06:03:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum! ^_^

Cat image from Sobi. Lyrics by Twilight Force.

Offline Bladeh

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 09:02:07 PM »
Hello and welcome to Warriors Wish, Magpie Tail! I hope you have fun here!

I loved Dawn of the Clans. My favorite book of that arc was The Blazing Star. And a lot of the novellas and super editions are absolutely fantastic.   

Offline Magpie Tail

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 02:28:48 AM »
Thank you for this warm welcoming ^^
Bladeh : I'm reading The Blazing Star right now, actually, a lot is going on there, I'm like, enjoying very much the scenes with River Ripple, I dunno, I love that character ! My favorite superedition's Tallstar's Revenge but I'm going to read Moth Flight's Vision after Path of Stars, so I dunno, since I really like Dawn of the Clan, maybe that one could become my number one ^^I loved the novellas on Ravenpaw and Goosefeather, I always found those character really interesting, it was great to see them both in a novella.

Offline Sunneth

• a wet RiverClan cat
  • Leader
  • 4987 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sunneth
  • is not prone to divide by zero
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • hyperresonate@tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 02:30:43 AM »
salut! quand j'tais en Martinique j'ai achet quelques livres de Warriors en franais. je suis amricaine et j'ai tudi le franais l'universit!! j'tais si heureuse de trouver les livres, c'tait presque le dernier jour de mon sjour et j'ai pass des heures la librairie... merveilleux...

blehp, I majored in french (been learning it for about six years now) but I still feel weird about casual conversation. that and I've hardly right about french since i got back from my study abroad trip in January haha

welcome to ww!! i always get a thrill from seeing french people around ^^

edit: ohhh no I forgot about forum accents. cry. my phone made everything so easy :(

Offline Magpie Tail

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 03:09:17 AM »
Your french is great ! If you need a partner to help you with casual conversations, I'd love to talk about Warriors in french with you x3
Thank you really much ! I'm Belgian actually (the "french people" always disturb me, I never understand if it means "french speakers" or "french from France" ^^)

Offline Sunneth

• a wet RiverClan cat
  • Leader
  • 4987 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sunneth
  • is not prone to divide by zero
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • hyperresonate@tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 04:25:32 PM »
ack, yes! definitely mean french-speaking, not necessarily people from France :3 I should be more mindful of that, especially as someone who studied in Martinique and had a connection through school to someone in Cote d'ivoire~

i actually haven't read my French books yet but I'm really fascinated by how all the names are different... of course, that's going to make it really hard to read haha

Offline Magpie Tail

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 04:35:21 PM »
Oh yes, the difference with the names are really weird. Cloudtail becoming Snowflake, Talltail, Shootingfeather/Darkstripe, Blacklightning. They even rename the kittypets. We could still use the english names tho, I know them better too x3

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1240 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Neon Skylite
  • Flowers, flowers...flowers?
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her please. They/them is fine, though.
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 01:28:02 AM »
I heard Leafpool's name in Finnish is Moonblanket. And also the Spanish edition doesn't have stuff like "paw" on apprentices. Like no, don't do dat Spanish version.
Anywwwways, (yes I do do that in real life) welcome! I've learned a bit of French, more than most, but I'm way too unconfident to speak full sentences. At heart, I'll always be playing with my English. And god, I write essays on YouTube for people who make mistakes and brush it off by saying "sorry english isn't my first language"
DotC is really good from what I hear. Too bad my library thinks "DotC what the heck is DotC" and I don't have enough money to buy from my bookstore which seems to charge you your firstborn child for books.
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

Offline Magpie Tail

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 01:40:23 PM »
Thank you ! >< Too bad your library doesn't have DotC, it IS really good ^^ And It's really weird for me to heard english books are expensive since they are wayyyy cheaper than the french's are. Like, 6$ for a paperback ? Well, it'll be 18 euros in Belgium lol And like, hardcover is sooo rare in french, like, it's for "important" books, for example Warriors doesn't have hardcover.

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1240 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 04:16:26 PM »
Thank you ! >< Too bad your library doesn't have DotC, it IS really good ^^ And It's really weird for me to heard english books are expensive since they are wayyyy cheaper than the french's are. Like, 6$ for a paperback ? Well, it'll be 18 euros in Belgium lol And like, hardcover is sooo rare in french, like, it's for "important" books, for example Warriors doesn't have hardcover.
You're probably referring to American dollars. Here in Australia an american dollar is 1 dollar and a half. Seems odd to be complaining about but when the dollars keep stacking up they do get a bit expensive.
And not getting your unique sign. We don't have a unique sign. I once posted a photo of my shiny new copy of Pokmon Y on G+. Here a video game is usually 45-60 bucks. Older games are less expensive but really old games are dirt cheap. I once saw a Rayman game that cost, no joke, ONE DOLLAR.
But yeah since 3DS games are popular they're around the 45-60 spectrum. My Pokmon Y was $59.99. Since anybody would look at the $ sign and go "its an american dollar" everyone commented "ya got duped neon games are usually $40"
So I believe Australia needs a new sign for their dollar. $ is not enough.
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

Offline Magpie Tail

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 03:25:23 PM »
Okay, I didn't know about it ! Wow, it's really different from here. I was indeed talking about american dollars. I knew about canadian dollars but not for australian's. I always assumed it was the same money as UK >< *shame on me* I hope you'll get DotC soon, I've finished The Blazing Star yesterday and I've just start A Forest Divided, and I find it really hard to stop reading, the series's so great !^^

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1240 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 04:24:32 PM »
Okay, I didn't know about it ! Wow, it's really different from here. I was indeed talking about american dollars. I knew about canadian dollars but not for australian's. I always assumed it was the same money as UK >< *shame on me* I hope you'll get DotC soon, I've finished The Blazing Star yesterday and I've just start A Forest Divided, and I find it really hard to stop reading, the series's so great !^^
Apparently when we switched from pounds to dollars in the sixties (I think it was 1966) some people suggested we call our currencies roos, kangas, boomers, (all slang for kangaroos) Oz, Austral, (obvious reasons) Kwid, Digger, (I'm not sure why) emu, (some large flightless bird in Australia. Second largest just behind an ostrich. Looks very much like it too; and it can have the award of "best animal dad ever") and dinkum. (australian slang that means genuine.)
I don't think I could STAND those names. They just capture all of the worst parts of Australia: people who believe they're stereotypical bushrangers who ride kangaroos and beat up crocodiles. However, a change of symbol or name would be good, I think. I don't want it so we can be special and unique, but so when people see our sign they don't assume it's an American dollar.
NEON SKYLITE

Offline Tom

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 02:42:06 AM »
Hello and welcome to Ww! Hope you enjoy it c:

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake