July 27, 2017, 09:33:24 AM

Author Topic: Different Skies  (Read 349 times)

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1218 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Neon Skylite
  • Flowers, flowers...flowers?
    • 🔮 I can see into the future!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her please. They/them is fine, though.
  • Mood: Fruity
Different Skies
« on: August 23, 2016, 02:53:50 AM »
It is said there are different skies in Warriors not unlike StarClan and the Dark Forest. Kate says Tom walks a kittypet sky and an author I forgot said in an Erin Hunter Chat I forgot that the kittypet skies would have stuff like fluffy couches and rogues and loners also had different skies.
What do you think about this? What do you think the skies look like?
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: Different Skies
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 04:11:37 AM »
I always like to imagine that the kittypets get to actually visit their humans, and that their "territory" is reminiscent of their yards and maybe their neighborhoods in general. Cat heaven with big cozy sofas is really cute though :D

I think loners and rogues have huge vast skies and thus rarely cross each other's paths, though maybe there are busier areas if they do want to see other cats. And then if cats were known to be bad or mean some cats might chase them into the dark forest.

I also think that cats can visit other skies if the cats within them allow it! I think I remember someone just the other day saying one of the writers mentioned Tallstar sneaks off to visit Jake sometimes?

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17157 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 07:34:12 PM »
I always like to imagine that the kittypets get to actually visit their humans, and that their "territory" is reminiscent of their yards and maybe their neighborhoods in general. Cat heaven with big cozy sofas is really cute though :D

I think loners and rogues have huge vast skies and thus rarely cross each other's paths, though maybe there are busier areas if they do want to see other cats. And then if cats were known to be bad or mean some cats might chase them into the dark forest.

I also think that cats can visit other skies if the cats within them allow it! I think I remember someone just the other day saying one of the writers mentioned Tallstar sneaks off to visit Jake sometimes?
Kate mentioned that, actually! Plus, we saw Jake post-death, meaning there's at least some kind of afterlife for kittypets. I do agree with your post... I'd also like to think that there are loads more cats in the Dark Forest that are rogues, except for Scourge, since we do have confirmation from Word of God that he just went poof.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 01:54:17 AM »

Kate mentioned that, actually! Plus, we saw Jake post-death, meaning there's at least some kind of afterlife for kittypets. I do agree with your post... I'd also like to think that there are loads more cats in the Dark Forest that are rogues, except for Scourge, since we do have confirmation from Word of God that he just went poof.

So do rogues just pop up randomly in the Dark Forest sometimes? I do think plenty of them end up there it's just not clear to me how it happens

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Spellmaster

• Strong Black-Furred Loner Who Don't Need No Clan
  • Elder
  • 130 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Spellmaster
  • alike unfit to sink or soar
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • ruination-fangs @ tumblr
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 06:38:06 PM »
I guess I've always imagined the skies as being pretty similar to the world of the living, in the sense that there are different territories and cats can wander between them. they're loosely connected to the ground, so like, starclan is "above" the clans, and skyclan's ancestors left that area to stay "above" skyclan when they moved. but since it isn't ~real~ land there's no concrete layout or solid separations. we've seen cats travel between starclan and the dark forest, or accidentally wind up in rock's territory, so I think it's fairly easy to get from one place to another (though some, like the tribe and skyclan, are "farther away" in a sense)

loners have wide open spaces but might run into other cats. kittypets share the human afterlife so they can be with their owners but also are still connected to where the wild cats go. for rogues, I guess it's a lot like clan cats? has there ever been any clear statement of how warriors end up where they do, either? it's probably obvious for most cats, so the truly bad go straight to the dark forest and the good/neutral just start out in the loner skies or the outskirts of the clan territories... but I imagine there are some cases (for both rogues and warriors) where they could tip over to either side, or get run out if they're too threatening/unpopular, or maybe simply get lost if no one from starclan cares enough to come guide their soul

as for what they look like, I picture them mostly as a larger and more idealized version of the places the groups came from. better weather, endless prey, places to be alone or hang out with other cats, a less constricting sense of time... whatever makes them most comfortable

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 10:23:15 PM »
Here's another question: Since Starclan cats can canonically be killed, does that mean theoretically a mean cat could find random cats in the afterlife and just straight up murder them? That's both a sad thought and a potentially interesting plot

as for what they look like, I picture them mostly as a larger and more idealized version of the places the groups came from. better weather, endless prey, places to be alone or hang out with other cats, a less constricting sense of time... whatever makes them most comfortable
Oh oh, I like this, it means that different Clans could have different ideal territories, so RiverClan's StarClan might have a big river, ShadowClan's could have the shadiest trees and lots of nooks and crannies, and so on.

This also brings up yet another question, are they eating the ghosts of prey or are they imagining the prey?

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1218 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Neon Skylite
  • Flowers, flowers...flowers?
    • 🔮 I can see into the future!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her please. They/them is fine, though.
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 12:36:43 AM »
Here's another question: Since Starclan cats can canonically be killed, does that mean theoretically a mean cat could find random cats in the afterlife and just straight up murder them? That's both a sad thought and a potentially interesting plot

Oh oh, I like this, it means that different Clans could have different ideal territories, so RiverClan's StarClan might have a big river, ShadowClan's could have the shadiest trees and lots of nooks and crannies, and so on.

This also brings up yet another question, are they eating the ghosts of prey or are they imagining the prey?

WindClan could have all the plains it wants! I'm honestly not a fan of WindClan but I thought of that.
I guess the StarClan cats (the first) used their magical StarClan powers to create prey. Like, they just concentrated their magic and poof -- prey everywhere. I would also imagine the prey was slightly more dumber so it'd be easier to catch.
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

Offline Spellmaster

• Strong Black-Furred Loner Who Don't Need No Clan
  • Elder
  • 130 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Spellmaster
  • alike unfit to sink or soar
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • ruination-fangs @ tumblr
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 09:53:08 PM »
I'd like to think it's not real prey (as in the spirits of real animals), because it would suck to be a prey animal and get eaten twice... I hope even prey gets to go to a nice afterlife where they're not (often) threatened, like the cats do

basically I imagine prey just... spawning endlessly when it's needed, being real enough to catch so it simulates the hunting experience but not alive enough that something has to die for a starclan cat to eat (starclan cats probably don't have to eat anyway). totally unrealistic, but I don't think it has to make sense, since this is life after death and that's either not real or something we living people know nothing about

and that goes for everything, like having huge territories that don't actually take up space, perfect weather for everyone, traveling from place to place without necessarily having to walk a real distance, etc. it's all ~magic~ so it can be whatever they want/need it to be, within limits

I'm thinking that they could, but it's probably not much of an issue because any cat who would do that isn't likely to be in starclan anyway?
that is something to think about though, since starclan is made up of cats of all clans who may have been terrible enemies in life, and anyone can change their stance on killing... I don't think there'd be any pride or point in killing another starclan cat just for postmortem revenge or anything (that'd be dark forest business), but if there were ever any real fights in starclan about how to best guide the living cats, and someone thought someone else was in the way...

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 04:37:52 AM »
I was more thinking of a scenario in which a random mean rogue ghost who somehow didn't end up in the dark forest finds and kills a kittypet. Or a mean rogue stumbles across starclan and tries to kill someone (though strength in numbers means they would probably chase it off or kill it).

Just imagine a story where a medicine cat gets visions from starclan but the cats who normally give them visions/messages start vanishing and you eventually find out it's because there's someone killing starclanners. But the living cat can't help much because they're alive. Heck I almost want to write a fanfic about this now haha...

Anyhow yeah I agree that the prey they eat are just magic of sorts

~Happy Halloween~