November 25, 2017, 01:33:16 AM

Author Topic: Roleplay Feedback  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Darkstar

Roleplay Feedback
« on: August 30, 2016, 12:15:23 PM »
This is a thread for roleplay feedback, please direct all inquiries and comments here.

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50766 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
Re: Roleplay Feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 01:36:59 PM »
I fear for the future of @Tom 's OC Greenpaw, who is important and also a Skyclan member

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:42:52 PM »
I fear for the future of @Tom 's OC Greenpaw, who is important and also a Skyclan member

Should we have a relaxed/free for all/anything goes board for RP that doesn't go along with what the main RP is doing? No one was really using the one we had before.

Also it's pretty standard for RPs to have at least some rules for character creation.

I actually can't tell if your comments are genuine or not anymore tbh. I probably need to go to bed and stop stressing out over all this.

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50766 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 02:54:10 PM »
Gotta be honest, I don't care about roleplaying.
I can't. Not enough time. Can't pay attention long enough. I'm trying my best with the Tabletop thing but I still don't know if that's working for me.
Groups?
I could invest that much time
They were little clubs, it was neat
They had a lot of potential
BloodClan were planning for whatever was supposed to be happening before this overhaul, because it seemed exciting, and Vegas was appointed BloodClan leader and it was going to be Fun and Neat and then we were all disappointed

Sure, I could make an NPC just to be a part of a clan which would probably put me in that usergroup, but it's clear the majority of you want to stick to your Traditional Clans and are following the books for some reason? If that goes on for long enough are you just going to be running around the canon Lake forever?

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17167 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 03:10:22 PM »
I don't think anyone ever said that the other groups wouldn't be coming back, Lav...not unless I'm missing something here. And you're not the only one who won't be in their favorite one; neither am I. =P

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50766 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 03:18:48 PM »
I don't think anyone ever said that the other groups wouldn't be coming back, Lav...not unless I'm missing something here. And you're not the only one who won't be in their favorite one; neither am I. =P
I was under the impression that it's all coming down to some kind of debate amongst y'all
and I'm not saying only BloodClan should make a comeback, just that we're disappointed

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 08:20:07 PM »
General Feedback I have here (this is a completely serious post btw, i'm legit not fruitposting here)

WRT paying for characters

I think paying for rarer options is an okay option, but the thing im worried about is that there isn't a free option for any of the really common options, like brown fur. markings, heterochromia, sure that can be paid for, but i think that having every colour and every eye colour marked under a paywall is kinda silly, esp. at the prices they're at now.

If paid character creation is something that we're actually doing (i kinda think its silly, but thats just my own personal bias), then i think he best thing to do wld be to offer a small amount of options as free, like basic coat colour/eyecolour (yellow and green for eye colour could be free, for example, while the rest could be paid. Same type of thing for coat colour)

I think at the end of the day we can't restrict new ppl from having options of what they want and i think the costs at the moment are kinda prohibitive.

WRT bloodclan/skyclan/tribe

Is this an RP for the four clans, or everyone? how are skyclan/bloodclan/tribe going to interact with the four clans if they're included? I think atm this shld stick to the 4 clans and then later on it can be decided if you want to add the other clans, but right now it might overcomplicate things. everyone is confused abt this and it wld be better if that confusion is kept to a minimum

WRT the confusion in general

You guys need to coalesce all the information abt this change in one megathread and let us have a war there trying to figure out what is going on. spreading it all out over 4-5 threads is just making it worse.

Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 08:53:59 PM »
On the note of paying for characters, since all newbies start out with 500pp in their pocket, wouldn't it just be the equivalent of giving them free bases and eye colors? It's not anything they earned, plus they get a coupon that takes a percentage off in the first place. I just think that it's best to have a system that provides things worth vying for, so as to encourage more interaction, posting, shops, card trading, etc. That's just how I see it, anyway.

Offline Tom

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 09:05:06 PM »

Don't worry for Greenpaw. He's the future leader of the world. He is the 'paw. He is the LAW.

Tldr; I'm just going to ignore any restrictions which disallow his existence :')

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1240 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Neon Skylite
  • Flowers, flowers...flowers?
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her please. They/them is fine, though.
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 12:41:57 AM »
On the note of paying for characters, since all newbies start out with 500pp in their pocket, wouldn't it just be the equivalent of giving them free bases and eye colors? It's not anything they earned, plus they get a coupon that takes a percentage off in the first place. I just think that it's best to have a system that provides things worth vying for, so as to encourage more interaction, posting, shops, card trading, etc. That's just how I see it, anyway.
(Deleted my last message because I accidentally posted it before I finished it, oops!)
But what about those people who wanna RP but they don't have the PP? I splurged out on TCG cards on the Marigold medicine cat's quest, and now I have nothing to use except. Why not make some free? I understand you made the Albino and Heterochromia 700PP and 1000PP respectively because, you know, IT'S SOOO COMMON AND THIS IS TOTALLY NOT SARCASM and the lilac base also expensive and the unusual/impossible markings really expensive.
However for the things like brown bases or gray bases, why not tone down their price, or better, make them free? And tabby markings are really common too.
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 01:44:42 PM »
Alright, so, I made it so that certain pelt colors, eye colors, and markings are free for the first cat you create. For any second character, it'll cost the amount originally listed. I hope this helps!

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 02:36:29 PM »
Alright, so, I made it so that certain pelt colors, eye colors, and markings are free for the first cat you create. For any second character, it'll cost the amount originally listed. I hope this helps!
i like it
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Spellmaster

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 06:29:43 PM »
now that things look to be mostly set up everything is clearer, but I'm still a little confused on what's supposed to be replacing the old group system, if anything? are the usergroups just for people with rp characters? and the clan clubs are separate? what are the group leaders leading?
mainly I want to know how all these things fit together and what puts you "in" a clan, especially if there are going to be group events in the future

this isn't super pressing, but it might be nice to have some summaries or short guides added to the faq or somewhere detailing the new system, so the old members can quickly get up to speed on what's changed and the new ones don't have to go looking for all this info. it's more complicated than the old group system so I think a brief explanation all in one place would help a lot

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 07:44:52 PM »
Quote from: Spellmaster
now that things look to be mostly set up everything is clearer, but I'm still a little confused on what's supposed to be replacing the old group system, if anything? are the usergroups just for people with rp characters? and the clan clubs are separate? what are the group leaders leading?
mainly I want to know how all these things fit together and what puts you "in" a clan, especially if there are going to be group events in the future

this isn't super pressing, but it might be nice to have some summaries or short guides added to the faq or somewhere detailing the new system, so the old members can quickly get up to speed on what's changed and the new ones don't have to go looking for all this info. it's more complicated than the old group system so I think a brief explanation all in one place would help a lot
The Roleplay Clan groups and Clan clubs are separate entities. The Clan clubs are for those who don't want to roleplay, but who would like to be in a group. They will be doing group-specific activities aside from the roleplaying. The Roleplay Clan groups are there because we need some people to see certain boards and not others, so their group determines which territory boards they can see and which Clan roleplay discussions they can see. It also helps us keep track of who's got their character in what Clan.

You can be in both, so if you want to roleplay and also want to be in a Club and earn fresh kill and things, you can!

Offline Raintalon

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 01:30:33 PM »
About the previous post (clan groups)--  Will there be SkyClan/BloodClan/Tribe there, or still just the base four? How do you apply to enter a Clan group instead of a roleplay group?

EDIT: You can ignore me. I logged on, saw this, and began typing without scrolling down the board index.
Thanks for the avatar, Secret Santa!
There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose.
What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which.
A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails.
Sometimes it may never land at all...
-Grimsley