July 27, 2017, 03:46:25 PM

Author Topic: Roleplay Feedback  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: Roleplay Feedback
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 10:33:12 PM »
Hey y'all, I just wanted to note that I have updated the RP rules a bit to be a little more clear as some stuff about character creation was a little too vague before.

I also wanted to open discussion on people's opinions about:
-Activity Guidelines
-Sentence/Grammar Requirements

as we don't really have any rules concerning those at the moment. How long do you think is fair to let someone be away before they become marked as inactive? I know some of us have busy lives and I'm sure we want to keep an active RP while not being overly stressful.
And how relaxed vs. how structured you all want the RP system to be. Should we have a minimum sentence requirement? Does anyone have an opinion on grammar rules? Again, we want to find a good balance that's fair for everyone, and I figured this would be the place to check to see if anyone has any thoughts/opinions/concerns/etc.

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1218 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Neon Skylite
  • Flowers, flowers...flowers?
    • 🔮 I can see into the future!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her please. They/them is fine, though.
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 04:29:10 PM »
Hey y'all, I just wanted to note that I have updated the RP rules a bit to be a little more clear as some stuff about character creation was a little too vague before.

I also wanted to open discussion on people's opinions about:
-Activity Guidelines
-Sentence/Grammar Requirements

as we don't really have any rules concerning those at the moment. How long do you think is fair to let someone be away before they become marked as inactive? I know some of us have busy lives and I'm sure we want to keep an active RP while not being overly stressful.
And how relaxed vs. how structured you all want the RP system to be. Should we have a minimum sentence requirement? Does anyone have an opinion on grammar rules? Again, we want to find a good balance that's fair for everyone, and I figured this would be the place to check to see if anyone has any thoughts/opinions/concerns/etc.
I'd leave the grammar thing ambigious, because I'd like to leave it as "AS LONG AS PEOPLE KNOW WHATEVER THE HECK YOU'RE DOING!
Quote from: STarKits Prophcy Luver
senfdy locked art teh caalm kat "me o samfy!!!1111!!!!!!11111!!!! yo"
For those who don't know what it meant, a loner named Sandy looked at a Clan cat and introduced himself. Very hard to figure out, right? also it's less than a limit suggestion I'd like to do but let's not care about it rn
I think we should have at least 5 sentences/7 lines. By lines, I mean manually typing, not spamming enter so your post looks okay. The reason why is because people want detailed posts and replies. I'll take these as examples.
This is good:
Quote from: MoonWolf123
Nightkit dived into the pile of red-gold leaves, sending splashes of them everywhere. He rolled his tiny, black body around the carpet of Leaf-fall leaves, making his dark pelt seem totally ginger. Nightkit surfaced and began to nibble on a leaf, before noticing his big brother Lightpaw about to go off for a hunting patrol. "Lightpaw!" he squealed, quickly darting towards the pale gray tom. Forget the leaf. His paws worked furiously and he squeaked "I want to go on a hunting patrol with you!" His eyes gleamed wishfully as he asked his brother, hoping he'd accept.
Not exactly seven lines, but it hit seven sentences, and nine with Nightkit's speech. Here we can tell that it's leaf-fall, Nightkit is black and in ThunderClan (as pines are evergreen, no trees in RiverClan and WindClan so there's only one Clan left) and he's playful, can't wait to be apprenticed, and has an older brother named Lightpaw.
Let's take this:
Quote from: Flashing Lites
Mossflower's tortoiseshell fur blended into the night as she caught a frog.
Hm...Mossflower's tortoiseshell, she's in ShadowClan, it's night...yeah, not so much.
Quote from: Octopi On Cars
(Okay so let's make it a bit after sunhigh and we're on a hunting patrol. How about snakerocks is that good? And you're Cloudyheart, right?)
Dustwing went into a hunter's crouch and started to stalk a mouse, before hearing a hissing sound. "What was that?" It was... A VIPER!
Haha, NAH. OCC does not count in the 5 sentence rule I was exposed to, so technically this post should be three sentences long.
Quote from: Andromeda
Sunpaw went to the fresh-kill pile.
She took a vole.
She ate it.
Sunpaw felt the flavor of it.
She liked voles.
Sunpaw went off to join the dusk patrol.
Entering doesn't count. Also, it's not detailed. Although it's trying to look like it, it's not seven lines because when eliminated it looks like this:
Sunpaw went to the fresh-kill pile. She took a vole. She ate it. Sunpaw felt the flavor of it. She liked voles. Sunpaw went off to join the dusk patrol.
I know it's five sentences, over it tbe, but it's only two lines long when it is not spaced out. So make sure you really ARE hitting that minimum!
also if everyone gets why I have these names i love you
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 04:45:29 PM »
The mods have been talking and we are looking into a way to have tags for topics, so if you want to just do a casual RP and not worry so much about grammar/sentences, then you would tag your OP as casual. Then every untagged thread would be considered serious and you would have to adhere to whatever rules we set.

I was thinking 8 sentences as a minimum limit for reply RP posts, and correct grammar and spelling would be required for serious RP topics. 8 sentences is already what we ask for personality and physical descriptions in character applications so I personally don't feel it's too much of a stretch, though if lots of people disagree we can take that limit a tad lower I think :P

Thanks for the feedback Neon, it's very helpful. ^_^
I admit I only got the reference for the first name though

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1218 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Neon Skylite
  • Flowers, flowers...flowers?
    • 🔮 I can see into the future!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her please. They/them is fine, though.
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 03:59:21 AM »
The mods have been talking and we are looking into a way to have tags for topics, so if you want to just do a casual RP and not worry so much about grammar/sentences, then you would tag your OP as casual. Then every untagged thread would be considered serious and you would have to adhere to whatever rules we set.

I was thinking 8 sentences as a minimum limit for reply RP posts, and correct grammar and spelling would be required for serious RP topics. 8 sentences is already what we ask for personality and physical descriptions in character applications so I personally don't feel it's too much of a stretch, though if lots of people disagree we can take that limit a tad lower I think :P

Thanks for the feedback Neon, it's very helpful. ^_^
I admit I only got the reference for the first name though
I guess that's an okay policy. Very similar to mine, so who am I to complain?
For the name puns:
Obvious I made the first name pun obvious, so I won't explain.
MoonWolf123... means nothing. I just made it up along the lines of night so I got Moon. Then I just added Wolf because Moon123 sounds too plain.
Flashing Lites was originally "the flash" about how fast the post went, but I thought it was too obvious.
Octopi On Cars is homage to a RP guide I once read when I was in 2013, trying to get into roleplaying where they joked OOC meant Octopi On Cars. And since that example used OCC... the rest is history.
Andromeda is a galaxy. Galaxies are in outer space. There is a lot of space in outer space.
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 05:17:40 PM »
Aha, I see. Very clever names there, I love the bit about OOC xD

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Phebster

• Ultimate Shipper
  • Kit
  • 514 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Phebster
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Smoothie
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She, they
  • Mood: Happy
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2016, 01:31:12 AM »
Uh, can NPC cats become active roleplay cats over time, and vice versa? If so, I might make an NPC rogue/loner and occasionally actively roleplay, depending on my school schedule.
Hullo! I'm a huge shipper, and I ship many things. You can find such ships in my interests, including non-warriors ones!

Some other fandoms I'm into : Undertale, Undertale AUs, Steven Universe, DanganRonpa, MLP, Starkit's Propechy, Pokemon, Minecraft, Chicken Smoothie.

My favorite cats are Jayfeather, Yellowfang,  Jake, and Tallstar.