April 23, 2017, 10:39:40 AM

Author Topic: thunder and shadow discussion thread (spoilers)  (Read 646 times)

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 211 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
  • Mood: Tired
thunder and shadow discussion thread (spoilers)
« on: September 11, 2016, 12:17:07 PM »
[beenose is an Icon]

wel the thread wasn't made so here we are
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Starlingspots

Re: thunder and shadow discussion thread (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 03:53:35 PM »
I thought it was pretty good. It was nice to have timeskips in between, installing of moving onto the next day; I have no doubts that Twigpaw and Violetpaw will become warriors in Shattered Sky. It was really sad for me to see Twigpaw think her mother was dead. Poor Twigpaw. The best parts for me were to see the rogues come back and have them change how ShadowClan works. I am looking forward as to how Darktail will lead ShadowClan and whether he participates in Gatherings or even decides to go to the Moonpool.

Ugh, Onestar just got even worse in this book. I don't get why he blames ShadowClan for him losing a life and for Furzepelt's death; it was the rogues that did it. He does seem a bit like Bluestar during her last months, in which they both didn't trust their Clanmates. Having a whole Clan die off just for the sake of two lost lives is no excuse.

I did enjoy Needlepaw's character back in The Apprentice's Quest, but here she got even more disrespectful and seemed to disregard Violetkit after she brought her home. After reading the bonus scene, I get why she would do things like this, but like me do a few side-by-side comparison of the bonus scene and the book.

"Stop crowding me." Tawnypelt nudged Needlepaw away irritably. Bonus Scene, page 2

Give me some space!" Needlepaw nudged her (Violetkit) aside. "I don't want to be tripping over you all the way there." Page 41

You're bound to be edgy. But you're perfectly safe. I'll let you know if I scent anything dangerous. Tawnypelt to Needlepaw, Bonus Scene, page 2

Don't worry. I can fight off an owl. Needlepaw to Violetkit, page 42

Overall the mood of Thunder and Shadow did take a somewhat dark turn, and for that I would rate it five stars.

Offline Foxsong

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 08:51:17 AM »
I loved it. My favorite parts was when we were in Shadowclan. Puddleshine is adorable. I'm sorry about Crowfrost dying though. He was an awesome deputy and he died because of a delirious and paranoid leader wouldn't allow access to the herb they needed. It was to bad that Juniperclaw and Sleekpaw didn't see sense like Violetpaw and come home so they could have been with their parents when their father passed. Hopefully they see sense soon and start living up to their father's image like their brother Strikestone. I felt extremely sad for Rowanstar and his family. Jayfeather and Ivypool were great as always.

Offline PinkheartII

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 06:23:24 PM »
I haven't read it yet, but I don't really intend to. How will this series ever one up OOTS? I hear good things though. What happened? Did ShadowClan get taken over again? What is it with ShadowClan and hostile takeovers? Is Rowanstar dead? Oh, please let him be dead!

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1138 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Neon Skylite
  • Flowers, flowers...flowers?
    • 🔮 I can see into the future!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her please. They/them is fine, though.
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 06:40:31 PM »
I haven't read it yet, but I don't really intend to. How will this series ever one up OOTS? I hear good things though. What happened? Did ShadowClan get taken over again? What is it with ShadowClan and hostile takeovers? Is Rowanstar dead? Oh, please let him be dead!

Not dead. Sorry.
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17117 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 07:48:43 PM »
Man, what is it with you and like... not wanting to give it a shot? You've said this countless times before; it's actually worth the read. If you don't want to buy it, fine, but there are a few things within this arc that actually make it worthwhile. Why comment if you're just going to say you're not going to read it, but ask if a character is dead?

I like Rowanstar. He just became leader, give him some time before you hate him. He's not even that bad...

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.