October 17, 2017, 06:24:49 AM

Author Topic: Who is your favorite character  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Ariel

Re: Who is your favorite character
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 06:25:45 PM »
Ivypool, Hollyleaf, and River is really growing on me. I used to have a whole slew of characters that I loved, but as the series went on my love of them started to dwindle. Didn't care for the way certain characters turned out.

Offline hyperadam

• GO FIGHT
  • StarClanner
  • 494 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To hyperadam
  • GO FIGHT
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Mood: Hyper
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 06:32:47 PM »
It's been a while, but I remember being very fond of Hawkfrost. I just like his appearance and his very manipulative style of villainy. He could be very sinister and charismatic, but also very smug and childish at times. That, and I really enjoyed his sibling relationship with Brambleclaw.

And I'm seconding the appreciation for Brackenfur I'm seeing in this thread. Whitestorm was also really cool. And Leafpool. I'm also starting the acquire a bit of a delayed appreciation for Hollyleaf, too...

Offline Journey

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 06:42:56 PM »
I have about ten soft spots for Whitestorm.

Also still in love with all the ThunderClan elders from the first series...I loved the scene in one of the first books where they take Cloudkit under their collective wing to tell him stories. Halftail, One-eye, Patchpelt, and Smallear will always be special to me.

The ShadowClan elders from Into the Wild who took back the camp from Brokenstar were pretty rad, too.

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 217 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 07:29:25 PM »
My top fave is def. Ivypool - I love her dearly! Mapleshade is my favorite antagonist, and I love how she pretty much set up the events of the main books - and hey, even ol' Tiggerstraw was afraid of her!

Hawk Swoop is my baby, too, and Petal, Turtle Tail, Falling Feather, Quick Water, Sparrow Fur, and Fern have all become very impressionable characters, too.

I don't like too many Warriors toms - at least, not nearly as many toms to she-cats, but I do like Whitestorm and River Ripple!!
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17163 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 08:11:04 PM »
Ashfur was my favorite for a long time and I remember being SO ANGRY when Long Shadows came out because I was firmly in the Ashfur Did Nothing Wrong camp. I cried. I cried a lot. It was awful. Besides him my favorites would probably be Cinderpelt, Tigerstar, and Scourge.
I was furious when I read that because I'm like "nooo Ashfur damnit" and now every time I mention I like him, I get called a horrible person because I'm apparently glorifying abusive relationships or something like that. I mean, any reader knows that he really did do a lot wrong. Plotting murder is so very wrong...but I still like my Trash Baby.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Dustfeather

• (not a feather duster)
  • ShadowClan
  • 46818 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dustfeather
  • ♫ I fought urlawn and urlawn won~ ♫
    • 🕷 I'm a spider!
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ShadowClan!
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • Vague as the Shadow
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 08:15:06 PM »
My top fave is def. Ivypool - I love her dearly! Mapleshade is my favorite antagonist, and I love how she pretty much set up the events of the main books - and hey, even ol' Tiggerstraw was afraid of her!

Nice StarKit reference there ;D

I do need to have a read of the Mapleshade books; she sounds like a really interesting character ^_^

Cat image from Sobi. Lyrics by Twilight Force.

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17163 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 08:21:13 PM »

I do need to have a read of the Mapleshade books; she sounds like a really interesting character ^_^
Mapleshade is amazing! Her novella really shows that she did earn her place in the Dark Forest, instead of just being thrown there for the sake of having an "evil female kitty" or some nonsense like that. It's really sad what happened to her kits, but Mapleshade is one of those cats that while you feel sorry for at first, you totally understand what she did afterwards and why she was there.

Hail Mapleshade

Offline Journey

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2015, 08:55:01 PM »

Mapleshade is amazing! Her novella really shows that she did earn her place in the Dark Forest, instead of just being thrown there for the sake of having an "evil female kitty" or some nonsense like that. It's really sad what happened to her kits, but Mapleshade is one of those cats that while you feel sorry for at first, you totally understand what she did afterwards and why she was there.

Hail Mapleshade

I really need to read more into this Mapleshade character xD

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17163 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 09:00:28 PM »

Hail Mapleshade

I really need to read more into this Mapleshade character xD
Yes, you do! She's in Crookedstar's Promise, a slew of Omen of the Stars books, and her own novella, which is called Mapleshade's Vengeance. The only thing wrong with her is no one can get her description right; it switches back and forth from ginger-and-white to tortoiseshell-and-white.

Offline Heron

• StarClanner
  • 66 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Heron
  • RUNNING IN THE 90'S
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 12:17:13 AM »
Mousefur. She took no crap from anyone, even as an elder, and I liked that, other than the medicine cats, she was basically the one she-cat who didn't end up getting a mate and having kits. She didn't have to have kits or a mate to be a strong and successful warrior. Plus, she helped Longtail out a lot, and I liked their friendship.

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 948 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
    • 🔮 I can see into the future!
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 12:25:45 AM »
the Mousefur Longtail friendship was so great

i love love ace mousefur

Offline Dustfeather

• (not a feather duster)
  • ShadowClan
  • 46818 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dustfeather
  • ♫ I fought urlawn and urlawn won~ ♫
    • 🕷 I'm a spider!
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ShadowClan!
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • Vague as the Shadow
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 06:29:54 AM »
Mousefur. She took no crap from anyone, even as an elder, and I liked that, other than the medicine cats, she was basically the one she-cat didn't end up getting a mate and having kits. She didn't have to have kits or a mate to be a strong and successful warrior. Plus, she helped Longtail out a lot, and I liked their friendship.

Yes, definitely agree with this ^.^ Mousefur's always been a favourite of mine. She strikes me as being more sensible than most of the main characters, too :P

Cat image from Sobi. Lyrics by Twilight Force.

Offline sageheart

• buddy i aam afraid
  • Apprentice
  • 1006 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To sageheart
  • absolutely not egg salad
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them is best
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 08:10:32 AM »
even though I'm behind, my favorite character is Gray Wing. He's probably the most relatable Warriors character for me.

honorable mentions are Whitestorm, Brackenfur, Leafpool, and pre-Super Edition Bramblestar.

Offline Teezy

• Official Jolyne Fangirl
  • Elder
  • 724 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Teezy
  • "i want to see the starlight"
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 10:06:23 AM »
Mousefur. She took no crap from anyone, even as an elder, and I liked that, other than the medicine cats, she was basically the one she-cat didn't end up getting a mate and having kits. She didn't have to have kits or a mate to be a strong and successful warrior. Plus, she helped Longtail out a lot, and I liked their friendship.
Oh gosh I forgot about Mousefur. Sensible, not afraid to speak her mind, tough without being a jerk. She was great. I'd definitely put her up there among my favorites. I would love to see a Mousefur Super Edition or something of the sort.

Also I love Blackstar. I found he was one of the few characters in the series that had more grey morality going on in how he was portrayed and grey morality is something I'm always a fan of.

Offline Squirrelypaws

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 11:57:46 AM »
Squirrelflight;  She has been very near the top, if not right AT the top, of my favorites list since I "met" her in Midnight. I honestly don't know what it is about her, but I adore her.

Cinderpelt; I have a HUGE amount of respect for her. The way she was such a devoted medicine cat, even though (IMO) she loved Firestar from the time she was a kit.

Leafpool; Sure, she made more than a few mistakes, but honestly, I admire her.

Mousefur; for all the reasons Heron mentioned.

And honestly, too many more to list. XD