October 17, 2017, 12:51:56 AM

Author Topic: Cats in the Dark Forest  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17163 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
Re: Cats in the Dark Forest
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 10:43:03 AM »
I'm not trying to be mean, and I can definitely appreciate their efforts to fill in the gaps, I think that's a good thing.

I merely disagree with these decisions and think they not only don't make sense but potentially are sending a bad message. (well, the Dark Forest cats that I mentioned at least, I don't have much opinion on the other stuff tbh!)
Nah, my issue is with people who are on Vicky's Facebook just being cruel over this. Just because it's not what you wanted, doesn't mean it's okay to be a watermelon. There's probably a lot more to these residencies, and people are just going "well this isn't canon" and are, imo, kinda childish about it.

I'm still not convinced we're done hearing about these cats. Maybe they have more things planned? Vicky put them there for a reason....which is kind of a mandarinesque one, but still. Or at least in Lilywhisker's case. I do agree with Adam about the Brightflower thing, though.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 10:52:39 AM »
I still don't understand the Brightflower thing though? What I understood from the train of events was:

Kits die > Brightflower blames Yellowfang > Yellowfang is banished > The events at the end of ITW > Brokenstar is revealed as having killed the kits > Brokenstar is driven out of the clan

So Brightflower was really only complacent because she honestly believed Yellowfang killed the kits. I don't think that is DF worthy, even if the shock afterwards was too great for her to accept the truth.

I guess we'll see what comes of them being there if anything though :P

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Lord Gato

• The Absolute
  • Outside the Clans
  • 660 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lord Gato
  • "In the end, all fall before me"
    • 🍭 SUGAR RUSH.
  • awards This mini-feather is to symbolize that you've chosen to follow no Clan!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • AlphaClan
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: Him/he/m8/homeslice/m'lord/divine fatness
  • Mood: Cynical
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 04:07:06 AM »
Wait, why does @Darkforestwarrior ask about the dark forest when she is in it as well? Up to no good I suppose. XD
Gato is love, Gato is life
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Desmond Gato Sledge

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1236 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Neon Skylite
  • Flowers, flowers...flowers?
    • 🔮 I can see into the future!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her please. They/them is fine, though.
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 04:23:25 AM »
I heard that apparently Su said they replaced Brightflower into StarClan. I admit, I was one who denied it as canon, but's it's probably because of those who openly harassed Su for it. I think Jayce had to reprimand someone who called Su "a fan that has no idea what she's doing" on the wiki.
Ugh, just respect the authors, will you?
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2016, 06:31:51 AM »
I heard that apparently Su said they replaced Brightflower into StarClan. I admit, I was one who denied it as canon, but's it's probably because of those who openly harassed Su for it. I think Jayce had to reprimand someone who called Su "a fan that has no idea what she's doing" on the wiki.
Ugh, just respect the authors, will you?
Even though I didn't like their choice about Brightflower, it sucks that people straight up harassed them about this. I did say "lol that's not canon" but really only as a joke and I would never have said it straight to Su or Vicky, that would be just rude.

I guess I'm glad that Brightflower is listed as Starclan now, though I am still wondering about Lilywhisker. Again, I guess that's something where we'll have to wait and see?

Wait, why does @Darkforestwarrior ask about the dark forest when she is in it as well? Up to no good I suppose. XD
Always up to no good. :sunglasses:

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 217 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 04:41:56 PM »
@Lightning  oh thank you i just assumed it was Su given I saw it listed with all of the other confirmations

i wonder how ppl are feeling about the missing kits thing su is doing
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17163 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 05:46:18 PM »
@Lightning  oh thank you i just assumed it was Su given I saw it listed with all of the other confirmations

i wonder how ppl are feeling about the missing kits thing su is doing
Nope, that was all Kate, and I'm kinda glad she confirmed that; makes sense and it's kinda interesting and also explains the mixup... I mean, it could be just terrible editing on HC's part, but I like the 'brothers' idea much better.

I like it, and since Vicky's also involved with this, maybe it's possible we're going to see some of those kits...

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1236 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 05:51:45 PM »
I found this on a Wiki Blog, from Su;
"Hello everyone!

I won't answer any questions, but I still want to say a word so everyone can calm down a bit and I think this Blog is the best place to do it so many people can see it:

Vicky sent these cats to the dark forest because she has plans with them. You have never seen their point of view and don't know what they thought and what they did, especially in the time gaps where we don't see these cats. Also, you still don't know how exactly one cat goes to the dark forest and all the ways to come there.

It were no "random decisions" or "mistakes by the editor" and there are plans, but I can't explain it any further by now, because then we had no reasons to write books anymore. But still, this is no promise for an upcomming book!

The mistake that Brightflower was already dead when Brokenstar revealed the truth was also fixed.

I hope everyone can calm down a little and that you are a little more patient. We always like to read you speculating what happened, but it is really not nessecary to rant and be angry at something like that.

I hope you still have a nice time with the world of warriors :)"

....right now it's hype
Real hype
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17163 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 06:02:36 PM »
"Hello everyone!

I won't answer any questions, but I still want to say a word so everyone can calm down a bit and I think this Blog is the best place to do it so many people can see it:

Vicky sent these cats to the dark forest because she has plans with them. You have never seen their point of view and don't know what they thought and what they did, especially in the time gaps where we don't see these cats. Also, you still don't know how exactly one cat goes to the dark forest and all the ways to come there.

It were no "random decisions" or "mistakes by the editor" and there are plans, but I can't explain it any further by now, because then we had no reasons to write books anymore. But still, this is no promise for an upcomming book!

The mistake that Brightflower was already dead when Brokenstar revealed the truth was also fixed.

I hope everyone can calm down a little and that you are a little more patient. We always like to read you speculating what happened, but it is really not nessecary to rant and be angry at something like that.

....right now it's hype
Real hype
I've been saying this from the moment that we found out about those cats, but everyone's screaming "Su's an idiot!!" and some other... things. Instead of actually taking the time to realize that we have other novellas and books coming where these characters might be important.

@Neon Skylite I did in fact reprimand someone, and they turned around and claimed they were "speaking for the fans". It's like "no, you're not. you're just bitter and ungrateful that something didn't happen how you wanted it to."

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1236 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 06:13:59 PM »
"Hello everyone!

....right now it's hype
Real hype
I've been saying this from the moment that we found out about those cats, but everyone's screaming "Su's an idiot!!" and some other... things. Instead of actually taking the time to realize that we have other novellas and books coming where these characters might be important.
Well, TBH I didn't expect them to appear that much. I thought they'd just be silently slinking about in the void of unimportantness AKA being a not-really crucial character to your arc/book but still in kitty hell so I didn't expect that.
You know what, when will they appear? *mad speculating follow*
But still, it's revolting how some people are treating Su. I saw on Brightflower's talk page because guilty pleasure I like watching troublesome users without doing much i sound really bad saying this someone who called Su "a fan that doesn't know what she's talking about" and you had to reprimand him. And then he replied back "canon has to make sense or else it shouldn't be canon"
In that case, because my friend had trouble understanding Warriors when I first explained it to her about it and literally every person on the surface of this earth HOW ABOUT WE DISREGARD WARRIORS' CANON?
I tried to get into Steven Universe when it first premiered in 2014 in Australia. I later lost track of the episodes; since now the story is so deep I probably won't try to get into it again, even if I wanted to It was a bit hard for me to make sense during the first ten minutes. So should we disregard SU as canon?
I hate to repeat what I've said, but have some respect.
NEON SKYLITE

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2016, 08:55:16 AM »
I hope these characters get important roles! As a dark forest cat I feel especially protective of them the more time goes on.
That's cool we got confirmation they will appear again.

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 217 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2016, 07:32:28 PM »
wait im confused; is brightflower still in the df or is she in starclan ???
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2016, 12:31:10 AM »
Someone said that was corrected so she was in StarClan now, I thought... but I haven't seen that confirmed.... Maybe I misunderstood that? idk o_O

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1236 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2016, 01:27:01 AM »
wait im confused; is brightflower still in the df or is she in starclan ???
I'm not sure, I saw the StarClan thing when Jayce was scolding the user I mentioned. Probably in DF based off the blog post that I saw that I effortlessly copy-pasted
Right now I just think she's in DF. Until I see something else, she's in the DF to me.
NEON SKYLITE