September 21, 2017, 07:55:37 PM

Author Topic: Mobile site issues  (Read 467 times)

Offline Dawnwing

Mobile site issues
« on: September 29, 2016, 05:28:39 AM »
Hello, I've noticed an issue with browsing the forum on mobile.

When I've tried to log in, if I get the password wrong I'd get an "incorrect password" message; if I get it right I get "You have reached your login attempts threshold, try again later" message. Thinking that perhaps I'd gotten it wrong too many times, I tried the right one on the first try on a different day, and still get that "login attempts threshold" message.
Earlier today I was just trying to browse the forum - haven't tried logging in on mobile for a few months now - and just clicking on a different page in a thread gave me the "login attempts threshold" message.

Figured I'd report this bug in case there's anything you can do about it.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: Mobile site issues
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 08:19:10 AM »
It seems members currently get three tries to get their password right before it starts giving you error messages, though I'm not sure why it is giving you an error message just for going to a different page. Did you change your password when the site got hacked recently? And to confirm, was the issue you had a little bit earlier on desktop version, or was that on mobile as well?

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:58:16 PM »
I don't recall if I had, but I was having this issue long before the site was hacked. It's only occurred on the mobile version, never the desktop version.

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 12:10:27 AM »
I know I'm late to this, but unfortunately, SMF isn't the most responsive forum for mobile devices. I wish it were! I'll take a look and see if I can duplicate the problem, though!

thanks to altias for the pixel