December 14, 2017, 12:46:47 PM

Author Topic: BIG RED CAPITAL LETTERS FOR SHOCKING REVELATION (AKA Ferncloud's Blood)  (Read 988 times)

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1242 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Neon Skylite
  • Flowers, flowers...flowers?
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her please. They/them is fine, though.
  • Mood: Fruity
Welcome to Neon takes a joke too far! This time, I'm taking a look at Ferncloud's heritage.

"Neon! What are you doing, putting this joke in the Characters? Put it back in th-"

*insert this music here, red laser against blue background*

(click to show/hide)
*loud zooming noises*
*insert red words slamming onto now-white background*
FERNCLOUD IS
                                    NOT
                                                   A PURE-BLOODED CAT

*insert words becoming black then being put into a full sentence*
FERNCLOUD IS NOT A PURE-BLOODED CAT

That was...really fun to write. Anyways, let's get into the meat of this. Since we knew Willowpelt mated with Whitestorm before Missing Kits, here is what I'd originally calculate WindClan blood as, excluding Lionblaze and Jayfeather.

(click to show/hide)

NOW we know Ferncloud is half-WindClan. HOW many cats does that mean is half-WindClan?
Let's see...all her kits, Dovewing, Ivypool, Toadstep, Rosepetal...
That's 11 cats. So....that poses a question. How many ThunderClanners are NOT half-Clan?
A measly three.
That is; LionXFrost's remaining kits.
Everyone else is either; loner, kittypet, related to Adderfang or WindClan. And if what Vicky thought that Mapleshade might be a distant relative of Bluestar's family, RiverClan joins the fray!
*messes up tabs while typing*
*panics and clicks on Oakfur's page*
*sees quote*
Well, this wouldn't've been in the article if Neon didn't suck at keeping her mouse still. But I found this quote:
"A blind kit saved by a one-eyed warrior. ThunderClan isn't what it used to be. Filled with kittypets and cripples and worn-out deputies."
It was just mainly Oakfur being a jerk and provoking Brambleclaw, but I guess on some degree, he's technically correct -- the best kind of correct!
What I probably learned from writing this is that ThunderClan has WAAAY too many non-clanners, and writing revisualisations are really fun.
What did you take away from this article? Do you think ThunderClan has too many half-clanners, quarter-clanners or sixtyfourth-clanners?

NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: BIG RED CAPITAL LETTERS FOR SHOCKING REVELATION (AKA Ferncloud's Blood)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 09:31:53 PM »
I think cross clan cats are inevitable no matter what, and that basically all the clans have at least some clan mixing. Honestly given that so many cats in the clans are fairly closely related the clan crossing thing is probably for the best even if the cats don't always think so.

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17173 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 10:22:34 PM »
I think cross clan cats are inevitable no matter what, and that basically all the clans have at least some clan mixing. Honestly given that so many cats in the clans are fairly closely related the clan crossing thing is probably for the best even if the cats don't always think so.
Yeah, this.

I mean sure, it annoys the fandom, but there really isn't anything that can be done about it, not unless you go and rewrite the entire series.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1242 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 11:52:53 PM »
Yeah, this.

I mean sure, it annoys the fandom, but there really isn't anything that can be done about it, not unless you go and rewrite the entire series.

I do surrender, I'm being a bit too demanding. I did give up on genetics late in the New Prophecy. (the primary reason I didn't catch onto the Po3 plot twist) Maybe half-Clan relationships are for the good of the series, but I don't think so from a non-genetical point of view. The Erins obviously didn't care about genetics. I'm not meaning to bash them or attack you guys for looking at it from a genetic standpoint, but you still need to accept that the Erins don't worry terribly that much about genes.

still surprised no-one's said a word about the "neon made a mistake in her life choices when she thought runningwind was the father", I thought someone would have actually seen that and laughed
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17173 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 08:32:13 AM »
I don't actually care about genetics or anything of the sort. It is what it is, and with a series this large and so many characters, something's bound to get skewed sooner or later. It's not anything that can be taken back now, so it is what it is.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 07:39:43 PM »
I don't actually care about genetics or anything of the sort. It is what it is, and with a series this large and so many characters, something's bound to get skewed sooner or later. It's not anything that can be taken back now, so it is what it is.

That's pretty much how I feel

Also yeah the Erins don't seem to care about genetics, nor do I think the characters would care ~that much~ like they probably don't know stuff about that

Anyhow I guess storywise, "forbidden relationships" has been done to death so yeah I can see that side of it.

also tbh I didn't notice the runningwind bit omg

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1242 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 08:06:03 PM »

That's pretty much how I feel

Also yeah the Erins don't seem to care about genetics, nor do I think the characters would care ~that much~ like they probably don't know stuff about that

Anyhow I guess storywise, "forbidden relationships" has been done to death so yeah I can see that side of it.

also tbh I didn't notice the runningwind bit omg

It's a reference to the Magical Turnabout, actually!

When you perceive Bonny de Famme, you find out she made the mistake of making ventriloquy puppet Mr. Hat go to the right when he was supposed to be on the other side of the coffin where Trucy was to do a teleportation trick. If it wasn't for her quick thinking, Trucy would've poofed up at the other side and ruined the show. It's in a multiple choice question where Bonny confesses she made a mistake but doesn't disclose what exactly she goofed, and you can also choose she messed up switching the swords and her life choices.

When you do revisualisation in the trial, Apollo realises that if the prank script that they planned to do happened, the murder would be done without fail and so no evidence could be left behind. But when you notice that Bonny's mistake wasn't in the script, you have to say what was the exact mistake, between "Mr. Hat's positioning" (the correct answer) "Stage Lift Preparation" and "Her life choices". For some reason SoJ is really biased towards Bonny. I liked her, dammit!

Yeah, the interClan relationships are done to death. I would like them if they were done differently, but no, there's utterly no difference in each and every relationship. A few examples are Yellowfang's Secret, the second half of the New Prophecy and Forest of Secrets.
NEON SKYLITE

Offline Barkfoot

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 09:47:57 PM »
I've never had any problem with mixed ancestry, and honestly don't understand why anyone would. There's no such things as 'pure' any clan, because the clans aren't some eternal thing, they were just started one day. Do we count descendants of Blue Whisker (Moth Flight's ThunderClan daughter) to be not 'pure' TC?  Even though Blue Whisker was one of the earliest ThunderClan cats? What about Thunderstar himself? He doesn't have TC blood because there was no ThunderClan when he was born. It's all just splitting hairs. I doubt there are any cats alive who can only count original members of their Clans as ancestors.