September 21, 2017, 11:38:07 PM

Author Topic: Least Favorite Shippings?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline broadwaystar

Least Favorite Shippings?
« on: July 01, 2015, 02:25:32 AM »
Warriors has so many characters and potential shippings, not all of them can be winners. What shippings in Warriors were not to your liking?

Ragged/Yellow ended up a huge disappointment after Yellowfang's Secret. I hated the way Raggedstar treated Yellowfang. He cared more about himself than her, and seemed to be using her as a means to his own happiness. I think it was a better ship when the readers were left to fill in the backstory on their own.

Spotted/Fire gets really old after awhile, especially when he has Sandstorm.

Night/Crow is so sad. Crowfeather pretty much just used Nightcloud to his own gain, and it ended up being miserable all around.

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17161 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
Re: Least Favorite Shippings?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 02:39:15 AM »
I honestly don't like Nightcloud and Crowfeather- I never have, and Crowfeather is a trashbag who needs to get thrown away. Nightcloud deserves so much better, and I feel sorry for her for having such a pitiful cat for a mate. =/ I honestly don't like Spottedleaf and Firestar either. Never have, never will. The two would have never worked out, and the constant forcing of their relationship by the authors just drives me up the wall.

I also don't care for Lionblaze and Icecloud, Lionblaze and Heathertail, and.. the odd ship of Cinderheart and Jayfeather. There are a whole slew of ships that I don't like- in fact, I barely like any canon ship, but that's besides the point. Also not a huge fan of
(click to show/hide)

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Jilda

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 04:33:14 AM »
Ahhh so happy this thread was made actually. ^^

Just gonna repost what I put on the least favorite character thread:
(click to show/hide)

Basically as a sum up, I hate Fire/Spotted.

(click to show/hide)

Like many others I also don't like Crow/Night. He basically used her, end of story.

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 217 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 11:11:24 AM »
FireSpotted, TomTurtle, SlashFern [i bet someone would ship it so i list it here], RaggedYellow, and my god, BLUEOAK. I despise BlueOak with a fiery passion because it was just a few chance encounters and a one-night stand, yet it's played off as this beautiful romance. Yaaawn.

Also, CrowNight, LeafCrow, FeatherCrow, SquirrelAsh, all no go sorry.
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline fireheart

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 12:06:34 PM »
My least favorite shipping would probably have to be Fire/Spotted - I never understood Spottedleaf's attraction to Firestar, and the fact that the Erins kept bringing it up long after the fact just never really made sense to me.

Night/Crow is a close second for me. Way back when, I disliked it because 'Crowfeather has Leafpool, he doesnt need anyone else who is this Nightcloud how dare she >:((((' but nowadays I dislike it because Nightcloud was treated horribly by Crowfeather. I know they were never meant to be a loving couple, but like... still. She deserved so much better.

Offline Ariel

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Fire/Spotted either.
She always seemed to get on my nerves with her just being everywhere and getting into every Clan's business. And even though Fire chose Sandstorm, with how often she turned up it seemed like he was still unsure, even after all that time. So.... yeah. Not one of my favorites.

I hated Yellow/Ragged. Raggedstar was abusive to her as far as I could tell. Completely unhealthy relationship, but I think what got me the most is that not one single cat ever calls him out on his crappy behavior. Instead, he's always remembered as being ShadowClan's last good ruler until Blackstar showed up. Ugh!

Not a fan of Grey/Silver either. They both just came off as being really selfish about the whole thing. Silver always came off as being a spoiled brat to me, so I don't know if it's the ship itself or my dislike of the character(s).

I always felt bad for Nightcloud. I wrote this in the old forum: I like to believe that Night was in love with Crow for awhile, and he when he came back to their clan she agreed to be his mate probably hoping that he would love her back over time (although knowing full well he was doing this to prove his loyalty). However, as she realized that wasn't going to happen she realized how foolish she was and just got angry at herself and at Crow, so she took it out on him and everyone else. I also think another thing that makes her really angry is that deep down she still kind of cares about Crow and she wishes she didn't.

I like Grey Wing/Slate, but I do agree it was rushed as heck. Could have worked that in way better. And I like Star Flower and Clear Sky only because they're both horrible cats and deserve each other. Also never got the Blue/Oak thing: after reading BP it seemed it was just a one night stand. They did their thing and never talked again until they got into StarClan, and even then it was business.

There are a few more ships that I'm not a fan of, but none that really just... get to me.

Offline Jilda

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 04:41:16 PM »
Not a fan of Grey/Silver either. They both just came off as being really selfish about the whole thing. Silver always came off as being a spoiled brat to me, so I don't know if it's the ship itself or my dislike of the character(s).
Gray/Silver was one I just gradually began to dislike over time due to preferring Gray/Millie personally. Their relationship was much more fleshed out versus Gray/Silver since she died so soon, and I think it was said somewhere in StarClan Graystripe would choose Millie which made me happy.

But the more I think about it, the idea of cats having to choose between cats in StarClan is so ridiculous... couldn't they all just be mates together and be one big happy family and love one another the same, or is polygamy taboo up there too or something?

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Dustfeather

• (not a feather duster)
  • ShadowClan
  • 46796 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dustfeather
  • ♫ I fought urlawn and urlawn won~ ♫
    • 🕷 I'm a spider!
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ShadowClan!
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • Vague as the Shadow
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 06:00:38 PM »
But the more I think about it, the idea of cats having to choose between cats in StarClan is so ridiculous... couldn't they all just be mates together and be one big happy family and love one another the same, or is polygamy taboo up there too or something?

This is one thing I prefer about the first series to the later books. Early in the series, you got a lot more cats who just had kittens as part of the whole "cats surviving in the wild" thing; there were romantic subplots, but on the whole, cats having mates wasn't romanticised too much. An example would be Whitestorm, who has various litters of kittens with different she-cats, and is described as "proud" but doesn't get into this whole monogamous humanised relationship stuff that seems incredibly prominent in the later series.

Something that's never come up in the series is a litter with more than one father, which is a fairly frequent occurrence in real life; as interesting as that would be, however, I just don't think the Erins would include it given the direction they've taken the series in :(

Admittedly as a polyamorous person myself I'd be very happy if there were canon poly relationships (especially since, as I've described, cats aren't generally monogamous anyway, so it'd be more natural) but the chances of that happening in any work of fiction, let alone Warrior Cats, is sadly incredibly small :P

Cat image from Sobi. Lyrics by Twilight Force.

Offline sageheart

• buddy i aam afraid
  • Apprentice
  • 1006 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To sageheart
  • absolutely not egg salad
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them is best
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 06:35:56 PM »
I am NOT a fan of Crow/Leaf. I used to be back in the day, but it was a teenage fling that ended badly for everyone and Crowfeather overall is a gross character that I despise. I also really dislike how Fire/Spotted was portrayed for the aforementioned reasons. And I dislike Ash/Squirrel because Ashfur is also disgusting fedoraboy. Come to think of it, I don't like Ashfur or Crowfeather with anyone. Oh, and Graystripe's parents were confirmed to be siblings Patchpelt and Willowpelt which...nah. No.

There are QUITE a few crack ships that I don't like - Fire/Scourge, Fire/Ash, Holly/Ash, any incest , etc.

Offline Jilda

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 06:50:06 PM »

This is one thing I prefer about the first series to the later books. Early in the series, you got a lot more cats who just had kittens as part of the whole "cats surviving in the wild" thing; there were romantic subplots, but on the whole, cats having mates wasn't romanticised too much. An example would be Whitestorm, who has various litters of kittens with different she-cats, and is described as "proud" but doesn't get into this whole monogamous humanised relationship stuff that seems incredibly prominent in the later series.

Something that's never come up in the series is a litter with more than one father, which is a fairly frequent occurrence in real life; as interesting as that would be, however, I just don't think the Erins would include it given the direction they've taken the series in :(

Admittedly as a polyamorous person myself I'd be very happy if there were canon poly relationships (especially since, as I've described, cats aren't generally monogamous anyway, so it'd be more natural) but the chances of that happening in any work of fiction, let alone Warrior Cats, is sadly incredibly small :P
That's actually one of the things I liked about the first series too - the realism when it came to romance, at how fathers were never really around too much but then it was still adorable when you'd get little mentions like Whitestorm being proud.

I feel like in warriors, poly relationships would be realistic when it came to StarClan. You always have those fans who go "Who will Firestar choose?" (which, again, is extremely stupid) "Who will Graystripe choose?" "Who will Crowfeather choose?" (when he deserves none of them), etc etc etc. but StarClan is supposed to be a peaceful place. If those cats still be having issues and fighting over mates all the way into the afterlife, then I'm sorta worries about how the living cats look up to them as being so wise.

thank you ss !! <3

Offline lady chocobo

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 08:58:02 PM »
crow/night. As people have said, Crowfeather was a jerk to Nightcloud and he treated Breezepelt like trash.

spotted/fire is boring. 

um.

bramble/squirrel, i guess. especially how it's treated in the later books. oh, and squirrel/ash is a no go for me.

Offline fireheart

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 10:54:53 PM »

Yesss, this so much!! Maybe it's because the first arc had so many new cats that the Erins didn't have the time to detail who exactly was mates with who, but still. It makes so much sense for wild cats to have polyamorous relationships, but I guess in the Erin's process of making cat behavior more "acceptable" for a children's series, they made them all monogamous. As the series went on and readers got to know each cat, and the Erins focused more on 'interpersonal drama' as a driving force for various plots, suddenly every cat is monogamous and there's a ton of relationship drama everywhere you look. Either way I'm pretty sick of it; I really wish they'd include polyamorous relationships in the books, but I can't imagine that happening any time soon, sadly.

Offline Jilda

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 11:07:29 PM »

Yesss, this so much!! Maybe it's because the first arc had so many new cats that the Erins didn't have the time to detail who exactly was mates with who, but still. It makes so much sense for wild cats to have polyamorous relationships, but I guess in the Erin's process of making cat behavior more "acceptable" for a children's series, they made them all monogamous. As the series went on and readers got to know each cat, and the Erins focused more on 'interpersonal drama' as a driving force for various plots, suddenly every cat is monogamous and there's a ton of relationship drama everywhere you look. Either way I'm pretty sick of it; I really wish they'd include polyamorous relationships in the books, but I can't imagine that happening any time soon, sadly.
I just had a thought - what if Berrynose was polyamorous with Honeyfern and Poppyfrost? idk cause like it'd explain why he moved on so quick and it wasn't too much of an issue with anyone if I'm remembering correctly?

Or wait cause didn't Poppyfrost and Honeyfern get to talk about it?

Shoot idek anymore

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 217 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »

the closest thing we have to polyamory in the books is Toadskip and his mates Poolcloud and Nettlespot, who were alive at the same time - but even then, it didn't seem like they were completely content with it... at least, that's what it seemed like.

I just had a thought - what if Berrynose was polyamorous with Honeyfern and Poppyfrost? idk cause like it'd explain why he moved on so quick and it wasn't too much of an issue with anyone if I'm remembering correctly?

Or wait cause didn't Poppyfrost and Honeyfern get to talk about it?

Shoot idek anymore
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17161 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 03:03:16 AM »
I am more than okay with polyamorous Berrynose, Honeyfern, and Poppyfrost tbh.

but yeah, it was mentioned in The Fourth Apprentice, I think, that Berrynose really does love Poppyfrost.

Should also mention somewhere that I really don't like Honeyfern and Lionblaze because wow that just doesn't seem good at all.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.