December 13, 2017, 06:46:02 AM

Author Topic: Least Favorite Shippings?  (Read 2464 times)

Offline broadwaystar

Re: Least Favorite Shippings?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 05:57:02 PM »
I was rereading TDH and when I got to Firestar's nine lives ceremony I thought this quote seemed relevant to this thread:

"Now he [Fireheart] had no reason to fear that he was being unfaithful to Spottedleaf in his love for Sandstorm." The Darkest Hour, pg. 55. 

Fireheart, no, it's the other way around.  Sandstorm is your actual mate, while Spottedleaf is a what-if. 

Offline Jilda

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 06:45:23 PM »
Wait that... Actually... Happened....

I'm planning to check out the whole first series to read during my trip over to cuba and oh my gosh I am picturing my self probably getting pretty mad lol

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Hawk

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 08:47:30 PM »
i'm not a fan of dove/bumble. it seemed like dovewing just became mates with bumble to prove to herself that she's loyal to her clan and that she's over tigerheart, not because she actually had any feelings for him. 

also spotted/fire is gross. sandstorm deserved better. 

Offline Jilda

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 06:04:57 AM »
^^^^^ agree with the dove/bumble. But for me personally it was more I was annoyed cause it had been confirmed by one of the erins he had a crush on Ivypool and so I was shipping that and then bam dove/bumble happened. not gonna lie at the time I was extra bitter cause it was like a repeat of the whole ice/lion lion/cinder situation lmao

(click to show/hide)

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 06:09:53 PM »
honestly, for me it's any chipping that involves crowfeather, just because of the complete plum pit that he is to everyone around him. Like dud why, you have no reason to hate *everyone
I'm also not a huge fan of gray/silver, but I'm also not a huge fan of gray/millie, so honestly I think graystripe should be hella single
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Ivypool

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 11:10:04 PM »
I was rereading TDH and when I got to Firestar's nine lives ceremony I thought this quote seemed relevant to this thread:

"Now he [Fireheart] had no reason to fear that he was being unfaithful to Spottedleaf in his love for Sandstorm." The Darkest Hour, pg. 55.

Fireheart, no, it's the other way around.  Sandstorm is your actual mate, while Spottedleaf is a what-if.

Whaaaaat?? That's so messed up wtf. Firestar get in the game =//
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Heron

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 05:10:56 PM »
I'm going to jump on the Firestar/Spottedleaf bandwagon. I don't think there should have been that big of a deal made of it that far down the line, especially considering that he'd built a life with Sandstorm.

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 06:33:02 PM »
"oh thank god im not cheating on this dead chick with my girlfriend..."
when I was younger I actually never even saw that as bad i feel so ashamed lmao
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2015, 08:02:35 PM »
And I will continue the hating Spotted/Fire train, which I am aboard until I die. I was never able to stand this ship. I think that's really the only major one I have a huge problem with because it's just that bad.

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline Jilda

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2015, 10:26:07 PM »
I think the only possible reason it was drawn out as long as it was was overdramatic spotted/fire fans going "what if, who will he choose. etc etc ect" and making a big deal out of it than the erins meant to make it? idk because I just dont get it at all

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Ivypool

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 04:58:54 PM »
another ship i dislike because of the sentiment it gave off was Coriander X Smoky. 'replacement mate', really??
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Teezy

• Official Jolyne Fangirl
  • Elder
  • 724 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Teezy
  • "i want to see the starlight"
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 08:22:38 AM »
I'm really not fond of romance being present in the series in the first place. I much preferred how it was in the first book where a she-cat would mate with a tom not for romance but just as a way to make the clan stronger. It seemed like they just mated with whoever was around at the time, in a way. When I read a book about cats, even if they're talking cats, I want them to act like cats. I don't want them to act like dramatic high schoolers in cat bodies.

Though I have a particular distaste for Fire/Spotted, Crow/Leaf, and Crow/Night.
Even as a kid Fire/Spotted confused me because Firepaw's crush on Spottedleaf didn't even seem like a romantic one, it mostly just seemed like he thought she was attractive. And then she dies and the Erins write it like they had some intense romance going on.
Crow/Leaf was just unpleasant to read about and had a huge amount of focus in the book. Also Crowfeather is just unpleasant all around and I really wasn't fond of Leafpool abandoning her duties like that. I'm not fond of a warriors abandoning his/her duties, but duties of a medicine cat are even more vital to the Clan and could put the entire Clan in danger if they're neglected.
Crow/Night for reasons others have stated here. Crow's just awful. Nightcloud really deserved someone who would be kind to her and Breezepelt deserved a father who wasn't abusive.

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17169 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 09:18:19 AM »
I also really preferred how the father of a queen's litter wasn't always required to know, and a mother could raise them by themselves... now it's more of a "if you don't tell you're probably raising half-Clan trash" or some stuff like that. Mapleshade was basically forced to tell Darkstar who the father of her kits was- this got her exiled.

Mapleshade and Appledusk is a horrible ship anyways. Mapleshade deserved someone who was loyal to her (I think Birchface might have liked her tbh), and not a cheating dirtbag.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Flametail

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2015, 01:11:37 PM »
Although I know it's been stated before, I really don't like Crowfeather and Nightcloud. It seemed very rushed and almost without a point, and it was clear that they both didn't work very well together, and Crowfeather's attitude towards his son seemed to be very distant as a result of it if not because of it. Breezepelt's story was pretty well written though, despite his parents' relationship with each other.
profile picture by mistyfoot on tumblr

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17169 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2015, 02:27:27 PM »
another ship i dislike because of the sentiment it gave off was Coriander X Smoky. 'replacement mate', really??
Y'know, @Ivypool , I don't think they meant replacement mate, persay... Floss had died, and Smoky wanted company, probably. Plus, Coriander doesn't seem to mind and she's a good cat. Coriander did, in all literal ways, replace Floss as Smoky's mate and companion- it's not always a bad thing.

It's like when a loved one dies. Some people do move on, and find others to love and be with. Some don't, however. It doesn't make the people that moved on bad people for finding someone else to love...

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.