December 15, 2017, 11:24:45 PM

Author Topic: Refresher Thread  (Read 7156 times)

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17173 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
Re: Refresher Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 06:42:02 AM »
I'm Rayne. That cool cat just hanging out.

I came in later than most vets, about 2009 in anonymous discussion (officially reg 2010). I was whisked into the wonderful world of Warriors novels at a time I was just really into all forms of cat literature in college. Yeah, I started the series at 21. But it was a good time because I was curious to discuss things on a deeper level and found WarriorsWish to have the most mature discussion of the topics around.

Eventually I mostly hung around for the awesome people when we said all we needed to say about the books.  (lol I just learned about the 6th series. I dunno about that...really?reallyreally?)

I'm into all sorts of things from biking, traveling, getting outdoors, conventions, games (mostly RPGs and when I have time now) furries, MLP, anime, and studying transportation (since that's kinda my field of work).  I have a cute cat of my own, Aramis, who I got about the same time I joined!

I had a small hiatus for other life events but I'm back.

Really, all you need to know is that we've got a great family here and these guys stuck with the forum through thick and thin. You guys are the best.

OH MY GOD HELLO RAYNE HOW ARE YOU

It's so nice to see you and this just made my day ten times better

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Holly

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 12:10:07 PM »
hi i'm holly. i'm 17 and i just graduated high school and i've been on ww since ... 2008 i think? i was 11 when i joined and i'm turning 18 in exactly 2 months whoa. i like books (my favorites: the goldfinch, the secret history, percy jackson/the rest of RR's books, and the song of achilles), theatre, and i like video games. i'm going to university this fall and majoring in english, with a concentration in creative writing. i haven't read a warriors book since fading echoes came out. oops.
tumblr / twitter / goodreads
who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50772 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 01:44:07 PM »
Holla Holla Holla!!
My name's Emily (pronouns: she/her)
I'm 19, a freshman in college (well... second semester freshman), and I've been a part of this website since before that newer version went up in 2008 and at least since 2007 I think? Maybe even 2006? Hard to know..?
I started reading the books in 4th grade and I was mainly putzing around on Neopets guilds in 5th and I found the main site via some cute lil graphics and eventually found the forum and also friends whom I love dearly~
I, too, had stopped around Fading Echoes but I might try to start reading it again maybe

Nowadays I'm an art kid majoring in communication design and the first 3 things I love off the top of my head are Panic! at the Disco, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon but I basically hoard things that I like onto my tumblr blog which is honestly a disorganized mess but what can you do? :\

I'm still pretty shy but I always like seeing what my cat book kid friends are up to because I think you guys are really super cool ♥♥♥

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 03:36:30 PM »
hey whattup
I'm heat, and I've been here on ww since the last months of v3. I think I joined when I was 11? I'm 18 now, turning 19 in December. I'm currently going to university for biology, and I'm also a huge weeb so talk to me about anime or tales/final fantasy games. I'm also currently learning japanese, but I'm pretty bad at it oops
I've stopped reading the books (I didn't read the 5th series and only read the first book of the 6th. Maybe I have the numbers wrong.) But I love the community here. It's also so great seeing old faces!

Anyways I went through pretty much all of my internet stages on this site so if you remember me being a really embarrassing 12yo please forget that happened ok thanks
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline hyperadam

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 05:42:52 PM »
I'm Rayne. That cool cat just hanging out.
AWWW YEAH RAYNE IS STILL ALIVE

Anyway, I'm not exactly a "veteran" either, just someone who showed up around 2010 and has been hanging out in the background. I'm a 21 (22 in October) year old student going into a fifth year of a degree in physics with a minor in computer science. I'm currently doing some summer research at my university, and although a lot of it boils down to trying to come up with things to do while waiting for instructions I'm enjoying it.

I'm really in to anime and manga (extra emphasis on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure), video games (I am currently catching up on the decade plus of PC gaming that I missed out on, since I don't own any current-gen consoles), movies, and physics stuff (obviously).

So... yeah.

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 948 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 05:44:43 PM »
i love how everyone is just so excited about rayne showing up again :')

Offline broadwaystar

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 06:51:02 PM »
I'm broadwaystar. I joined WW back in '09, and I was probably the most active around then. I was super into Warriors in those days, and this was the place to discuss it back then. I recently started rereading the series for nostalgia purposes and it made me want to get back into the fandom again, and what a coincidence that I should find a here in the warrior cats tumblr tag. Anyway, I'm excited to see this WW get some new life.

Offline Heron

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2015, 07:13:49 PM »
I know I said I was leaving for good on v4 but let's just say I was leaving v4 for good.

I'm Heron. I originally joined back on v3 in May 2007. I'm a college student majoring in Japanese. Not really super into Warriors these days, but I like to stick around for the community. I'm a huge fan of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (looks like there's a decent amount of people on here who like it, nice). I also really like Fire Emblem, animals, the Hunger Games series, cooking, and the band Queen (and a lot of classic rock in general, though I like pretty much any genre), among a ton of other stuff, but I'm already rambling so I'll leave it at that. I speak English (WHAT A SHOCK), Japanese, Italian, and Spanish.

So, yeah, nice to be back here again.

Offline Splashy

• RiverClan
  • 208 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Splashy
  • who lives who dies who tells your story
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to RiverClan!
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 09:02:30 PM »
I'm Splashy, irl Allie but usually Splashy here. I joined in the final days of v3 (literally in the last couple of days before the old Proboards shut down!) in 2008 at age 12 (I might've lied about being 13 just maybe) after having found Wish through a Warriors Neopets guild. I kid you not. Born and raised in New York City. I'm going to be a sophomore in college next year (just turned 19 two weeks ago) and will probably major in some combination of English and Greek and Roman Studies, possibly a creative writing correlate but I'm not sure. Speaking of that I love writing, and Wish was what really got me going again in middle school with WW fanfics (you should check them out once things get going again!) and the crazy community there. That was where I grew up on Wish. Besides writing my life is generally consumed by dance. I started out a total ballerina but over time have been drawn more towards modern than ballet.

I stopped reading the books in the middle of OOTS as time got in the way, but I do like to read up on what's happened to my old favorite characters. I do still love cats though. Besides cats, coffee is my lifeblood, I occasionally do some pixel art, I love reading, broadway musicals, video games, and a lot of other things. It's nice to see Wish get some new life again!

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17173 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2015, 09:08:10 PM »
i love how everyone is just so excited about rayne showing up again :')
i'm not sure that anyone wouldn't be excited right now. Seeing Rayne show up is just an added bonus 8D

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Gorse

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2015, 10:11:43 PM »
Yes hello.

I am Gorse. Maybe some of you know me. I was one of the first members and also a mod once upon a time; I don't even remember the years anymore. I really don't, and trying to figure them out would take too long. I since I was last here I've graduated both high school and college so wow hello. It has been a very long time. For the record nowadays I am 100% Kingdom Hearts trash and I will fight you over Xion in a heartbeat.

I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY.

For the record I blame Gingey for my presence here.

P.S. Oh goodness now I need to remember how BBC code works.

P.P.S. OH RIGHT My big claim to fame that is probably more renowned than me is that I was the original player/creator of Starkit from the Warriors Wish Games.

Offline hail

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2015, 10:17:38 PM »
alright just
work with my barren profile for now

I go by Hail, I joined up on WW in late 2006, I was a mod for a year or two? and then I popped off in 2009 but I was Informed that the forum was rattling its bones so here I am

EDIT oh also I should mention I'm going into my third year of university now, I took a couple years of computer engineering but it sux so I'm trying chem or enviro eng instead, I have a cat, end biography

hey

Offline Sunneth

• a wet RiverClan cat
  • Leader
  • 4987 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sunneth
  • is not prone to divide by zero
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • hyperresonate@tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2015, 10:19:35 PM »
@ GORSE oh my gosh, okay so I'm mutuals with one of your mutuals on tumblr I'm pretty sure (nai/starcrossedsky) so your username comes across my dash every once in a while and it is so weird. like the first couple times I noticed it I was like "haha that's weird no way" but then at some point I decided it was actually you and it just. what a small internet

(i don't know if you remember me or not though, since it's been so long, but still hi)

@ hail honhonhon

Offline Gorse

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2015, 10:27:18 PM »
@ GORSE oh my gosh, okay so I'm mutuals with one of your mutuals on tumblr I'm pretty sure (nai/starcrossedsky) so your username comes across my dash every once in a while and it is so weird. like the first couple times I noticed it I was like "haha that's weird no way" but then at some point I decided it was actually you and it just. what a small internet

(i don't know if you remember me or not though, since it's been so long, but still hi)

@ hail honhonhon

OH GOD yep that would be Nai. She and I've known each other for... a year and a half-ish now I think? Horror roleplays on Dreamwidth. It was a weird trip when Gingey found me on Dreamwidth too, let me tell you. SMALL INTERNET FEELINGS ARE THE BEST. But they throw you for a loop sometimes.

It probably helps that I never picked a new username because this one is basically so ingrained into my identity. I will be an old 80 year old lady toddling around with a walker and I'll still answer to Gorse.

Also what we're gonna have a lot of is "I remember your name and I remember you generally being cool people but most anything more specific than that has been lost to the annals of poor memory." Because that's basically what's happening right now I'm so sorry sob.

Offline sageheart

• buddy i aam afraid
  • Apprentice
  • 1006 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To sageheart
  • absolutely not egg salad
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them is best
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2015, 11:02:20 AM »
Nice to see so many old familiar faces.
hi, I'm Sageheart, or Cujo, I'm a Huge Nerd and it's been a while since I've been on warriors wish, any version. I joined v1 when I was 12 years old, and I'm currently 20. I'm not very well-remembered because I'm really shy and very nervous, even online.
I'm a college Junior planning to go into web design. I'm slowly trying to get back into Warriors, because I miss drawing cats. I might open an art request thread or something.