May 22, 2017, 10:33:36 AM

Author Topic: Anime and Manga  (Read 15798 times)

Offline hyperadam

• Cry for me, cry for you
  • StarClanner
  • 438 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To hyperadam
  • Kiseki hell
    • 👽 I'm an alien!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Mood: Hyper
Re: Anime and Manga
« Reply #405 on: January 21, 2017, 08:14:42 PM »
Well, the anime of JoJo Part 4 wrapped up. It really was pretty great! I didn't expect it to be quite this good before it started airing. I'm really hoping that they'll announce the anime of Vento Aureo pretty soon, because I'm really looking forward to that.
Although Parts 5 and 6 tend to be kind of low on my rankings, meaning with Part 4 done I'm mostly just praying for Steel Ball Run within the next decade, I'm actually kind of interested in the possibility of a Vento Aureo anime. Obviously the issue with Part 5 is the quality of the English translation, so I'm really interested in an opportunity to experience it fresh. I don't know if a new translation will significantly boost my opinion of it, but I've read a lot of interesting commentary on it and there are definitely times when I read it where I was thinking "Man, this would probably be really cool if I could understand what he's trying to say."

Now that I've checked actually, the re-translation effort is a lot further along than I thought it was. I don't know if I'll get around to re-reading it, or will just sit around hoping for an anime to happen.

As for what I'm watching now... I still haven't picked up any shows for this season yet, but I've been planning to start watching the Monogatari series again. After starting it in September and picking it up again during the Christmas break, I've been meaning to continue after finally figuring out which season to watch when, but since most of my free time now is going towards video games I just can't find an opportunity. I was able to finish Nekomonogatari (Black), and I'm definitely looking forward to more Hanekawa. It looks like a Hachikuji-centered arc is coming up too, which great because she's my favourite character.

Also damn, those new chapters of Kaiji...
(click to show/hide)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd
英雄伝説 空の軌跡 The 3rd

--
| tumblr |

Offline Heron

• StarClanner
  • 26 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Heron
  • RUNNING IN THE 90'S
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #406 on: February 04, 2017, 10:18:24 PM »
I read Steel Ball Run (part 7 of JoJo) again every year around my birthday, so I just started for this year. It's still absolutely fantastic. I really love it.

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #407 on: February 28, 2017, 04:38:02 PM »
anime is the devils programming
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Spellmaster

• Strong Black-Furred Loner Who Don't Need No Clan
  • Elder
  • 116 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Spellmaster
  • alike unfit to sink or soar
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • ruination-fangs @ tumblr
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
« Reply #408 on: April 23, 2017, 06:34:08 PM »
at the convention this year I traded some old volumes of naruto I almost forgot I had for some old volumes of fma. unfortunately the lowest one I got was 4, so I probably won't actually read them until I can start at the beginning...
my crowning achievement though is that I got the 5th volume signed by caitlin glass :D :D :D I actually had kind of forgotten she was winry, since I was there to see her for her other roles, but it was a marvelous coincidence that I had my new fma books on me at the time. so I got it basically for free and already increased its value by like 500% >:3c

I also picked up the first couple durarara light novels, but I'm still very slowly working through the manga, so that might take me a while to start too