December 13, 2017, 06:45:23 AM

Author Topic: Ivypool's Future (SPOILERS for Bramblestar's Storm)  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Jilda

Ivypool's Future (SPOILERS for Bramblestar's Storm)
« on: July 08, 2015, 10:17:01 PM »
So I stopped reading warriors at Dark River and stopped caring/following the series at Night Whispers buuut today I was like looking at stuff trying to refresh my knowledge a bit so if any discussions do come up I can participate and I saw Ivypool got an apprentice in Bramblestar's Storm.

Ivypool is such a young cat and there's so many other suitable cats ready for apprentices, not even Dovewing has gotten one however this got me thinking...

Is Ivypool perhaps to eventually become deputy in the sixth arc? Usually the first deputies leaders choose do not end up being leader for whichever reason, either death or something occurring or perhaps even old age, and I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing Squirrelstar, I just can't wrap my head around that being endgame when it comes to who will lead after Bramblestar.

Meanwhile Ivypool is young, has much experience and has mentored. Maybe this means something for her? Either that are I'm looking into it too deep.

( also I know that Ivypool technically is already four years old according to the wiki and that isn't that young at all but honestly I barely pay attention to ages as characters no longer are really bound to it by much if that even makes sense?? )

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17169 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
Re: Ivypool's Future (SPOILERS for Bramblestar's Storm)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 03:08:25 AM »
I would love to see Ivypool as deputy, honestly. She has so much to share with cats, past and future. Her experience as a spy in the Place of No Stars almost cost her her own life- she deserves everything for what she did... and tbh, I can't see Squirrelstar either.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Jilda

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 04:46:40 AM »
I would love to too tbh. From everything I read about her she seems like a perfect fit and getting an apprentice so early on...

#Vote4Ivystar2k15

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Ariel

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »
I've actually had this as my headcanon (which I'm sure will get torn to shreds with the release of the new series).

I always pictured that Ivypool would be the next deputy. I figured her time in the DF, training, and then helping her clan against them proved her loyalty and gave her strength and insight that the others don't possess. I think she would be a good deputy and both support and challenge the leader to make sure they're doing the right thing.

I kind of imagined that the ThunderClan would be on the decline with Bramblestar ruling, not necessarily through his fault, but more a series of bad luck/happenstances. I then imagined that Bramble would give up being leader and pass it along to Squirrel who would be angry and disappointed in him, but still kind of seeing where he's coming from. Squirrel would need someone that would be able to help pull ThunderClan back up whether it meant through parlay or through battle.

Offline Jilda

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 08:54:35 PM »
I actually love that headcanon. I could see bramblestar struggling a lot considering he's firestar's successor and it's like... how do you follow up to someone so great who's done so much and changed the Clans so much for the better?

like TBH i feel maybe one of the reasons he even chose squirrel, even if it wasn't directly stated, is simply the fact that she is firestar's daughter.

thank you ss !! <3

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1745 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 03:45:54 PM »
I actually love that headcanon. I could see bramblestar struggling a lot considering he's firestar's successor and it's like... how do you follow up to someone so great who's done so much and changed the Clans so much for the better?

like TBH i feel maybe one of the reasons he even chose squirrel, even if it wasn't directly stated, is simply the fact that she is firestar's daughter.

I feel like this is exactly it.. Also Bramblestar and Squirrelflight went through so much together, from the moment they went on that quest with the other cats, to dealing with Firestar's death together.

I don't see her as a great leader, but she's a good adviser and definitely challenges Bramblestar (though I haven't read the special edition yet oops!) throughout the book series.

Ivypool seems like a great choice for leader to me tbh she's very level headed and completely loyal to her Clanmates + doesn't back down from a challenge.

thank you, secret santa!! :D

Offline Jilda

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 10:27:19 AM »
In BS Squirrelflight is seen forming patrols and stuff a lot and really busying herself with deputy duties. From that I'd assume she's a good one, though yeah I don't see her becoming leader? idk, it'd also just in general be really repetitive as she is Firestar's daughter imo.

Another reason I think Ivypool is a good fit to lead, is because she's very focused and doesn't get too caught up in petty drama like romance. She seems more focused on being the best warrior she can be vs finding a mate like Dovewing is (at least from what I've read? Like, Whitewing told Dovewing to find a mate and thats literally why she was mates with Bumblestripe for a hot second lol)

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17169 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 12:52:38 AM »
Another reason I think Ivypool is a good fit to lead, is because she's very focused and doesn't get too caught up in petty drama like romance. She seems more focused on being the best warrior she can be vs finding a mate like Dovewing is (at least from what I've read? Like, Whitewing told Dovewing to find a mate and thats literally why she was mates with Bumblestripe for a hot second lol)

I've never even seen a love interest mentioned for Ivypool in the canon storyline. I know there was something with Bumblestripe (which Ivypool would have been so much better for him), but after that, they decided to chop that and go with Dovewing and Bumblestripe. Horrible investment, imho.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.