April 24, 2017, 06:12:55 AM

Author Topic: The Mistakes Thread  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Dawnwing

The Mistakes Thread
« on: July 11, 2015, 06:57:09 AM »
~ The Mistakes Thread ~

As we all know, there are lots and lots of mistakes in the books.  So here's a spot to list them all!
(As always, please give credit to Dawnwing and Warrior's Wish, preferably with a link, if using this elsewhere.)

Please share any that are not on here.

Miscellaneous

Cats Using Human Words (which they'd usually use their own vocabulary for)

(click to show/hide)

Errors on the Book Covers
Note that I am excluding the cats that we aren't positive of - the ones that haven't been positively set in concrete of their identity. (Ex. Cats of the Clans.)
(click to show/hide)

General/Misc

(click to show/hide)

Cats missing from the Allegiances

(click to show/hide)

Names used multiple times
(Aside from kit, apprentice, and leader names, because those are far more common and it's possible they had different warrior names.)

(click to show/hide)

Dawn of the Clans Era

The Sun Trail

- In the prologue, Lion's Roar calls Half Moon by her original name rather than "Stoneteller", saying that she'd always be Half Moon to him.  Since he was just born when she was renamed Stoneteller, he should know her as that instead of Half Moon.
Pg. 24 "Thanks, Stone Hare," Quiet Rain murmured. (Should be Snow Hare)

The First Battle

(click to show/hide)

The Blazing Star

(click to show/hide)

A Forest Divided

(click to show/hide)

Path of Stars

(click to show/hide)

Moth Flight's Vision

- On pg. 440, Gray Wing tells Moth Flight, "We can't save this life" and that "We can only give her our gift".  Wind Runner then proceeds to be given lives by eight cats instead of the usual nine. On page 450, Wind Runner says, "They gave me this life back, and eight more lives to lead WindClan through endless moons."
Pg. 460 "Clear Sky and Star Flower are thrilled to be taking Honey Pelt." (He has already received his leader name)

"Prequel" Super Editions

Tallstar's Revenge

(click to show/hide)

Yellowfang's Secret

(click to show/hide)

Crookedstar's Promise

(click to show/hide)

Bluestar's Prophecy

(click to show/hide)

The Original Series

Into the Wild

(click to show/hide)

Fire and Ice

(click to show/hide)

Forest of Secrets

(click to show/hide)

Rising Storm

(click to show/hide)

A Dangerous Path

(click to show/hide)

The Darkest Hour

(click to show/hide)

Taking Place During or Roughly Between Series 1 & 2

Tigerstar and Sasha: Into the Woods

- They frequently say that Firestar is leader of ThunderClan, but it takes place even before the dog attack.

Tigerstar and Sasha: Escape from the Forest

- In Erin's Message it says, "Come, it's time to find out what happened when Sasha stumbled away fom ShadowClan with her heart broken into pieces..."

Tigerstar and Sasha: Return to the Clans

- Shnuky was female in Into the Woods, but now is male in Return to the Clans.
- Sasha decides not to go to a Gathering for fear that someone will recognize her.  However, in Midnight, Graystripe said that he met her at a Gathering.

Firestar's Quest

(click to show/hide)

SkyClan's Destiny

(click to show/hide)

Ravenpaw's Path: Shattered Peace

- On pg. 81, Ravenpaw says that his first time to the Moonstone was with Sandpaw and Dustpaw.  In Into the Wild he had gone with Firepaw and Graypaw; Sandpaw and Dustpaw had not been there yet and were jealous.

Ravenpaw's Path: The Heart of a Warrior

- Deadfoot presumably died in The Darkest Hour, and he was definitely gone by Firestar's Quest.  This manga takes place after Firestar's Quest, so Deadfoot should not be on a patrol.
- Brambleclaw was made a warrior close to the start of Firestar's Quest.  This takes place after that book, but he's still an apprentice.

SkyClan's Destiny: The Rescue

- On page 56, they say that Shrewtooth is the cat bringing wool.  This cat is very light to be Shrewtooth.  It could be that it's just a light frame, but that seems unlikely when you compare it to Shrewtooth's other appearances and see just how dark he is there, so it's possible they mean Sharpclaw.

SkyClan's Destiny: Beyond the Code

Pg. 55 "I'm not sure Cinder really wanted to have kits." (Should be Cinders)
- On page 10 and 35, it shows Leafstar talking to a cat she calls Clovertail.  However, this cat is actually Echosong - same pelt, same face and tabby markings.  Clovertail had a solid-colored pelt with a white muzzle, legs, and belly, as can be seen on pg. 10 of The Rescue. Clovertail still looks that way in Beyond the Code - she appears on pg. 26 - but just isn't mentioned by name.

The New Prophecy

Midnight

(click to show/hide)

Moonrise

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dawnwing

Re: The Mistakes Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 05:04:07 PM »
Dawn

(click to show/hide)

Starlight

(click to show/hide)

Twilight

(click to show/hide)

Sunset

(click to show/hide)

Taking Place During or Roughly Between Series 2 & 3

Graystripe's Adventure: The Lost Warrior

- In this book they frequently say "Twolegs" when referring to only one Twoleg.
- In Sunset and The Sight, it is mentioned that StarClan are unable to see Graystripe.  However, Silverstream and Feathertail can easily see him (in fact, they visit him!) in this book.

Graystripe's Adventure: Warrior's Return

- At the end, when Graystripe and Millie come to the Gathering, the tree-bridge is shown as having its roots on the mainland.  In Starlight, it originally fell from the island to the mainland, so they should be approaching its top, not its roots.

Power of Three

The Sight

(click to show/hide)

Dark River

(click to show/hide)

Outcast

(click to show/hide)

Eclipse

(click to show/hide)

Long Shadows

(click to show/hide)

Sunrise

(click to show/hide)

Omen of the Stars

The Fourth Apprentice

(click to show/hide)

Fading Echoes

(click to show/hide)

Night Whispers

(click to show/hide)

Sign of the Moon

(click to show/hide)

The Forgotten Warrior

(click to show/hide)

The Last Hope

(click to show/hide)

Taking Place Between OOTS & AVOS

Bramblestar's Storm

(click to show/hide)

Hawkwing's Journey
- Several SkyClan cats from previous books are missing without any mention of whether they've left or died: Egg, Petalnose, Shrewtooth, Rockshade, and Creekfeather.

A Vision of Shadows

The Apprentice's Quest
- Beetlewhisker of RiverClan appears in the Allegiances, despite having been killed in The Last Hope.

Thunder and Shadow

(click to show/hide)

Shattered Sky
- Beetlewhisker of RiverClan appears in the Allegiances and in the book itself, despite having been killed in The Last Hope.
- Two RiverClan warriors are named "Foxface" and "Shadenose" in the Allegiances. In Thunder and Shadow when they were announced as warriors, and in the text of this book, their names are actually Foxnose and Shadepelt.

Field Guides

Secrets of the Clans

(click to show/hide)

Cats of the Clans

(click to show/hide)

Code of the Clans

(click to show/hide)

Battles of the Clans

(click to show/hide)

The Ultimate Guide

(click to show/hide)

Novellas

Mistystar's Omen

- During Chapter 2, Pouncetail remembers living in the old forest and claims he misses Stonefur.  Pouncetail first appeared as an apprentice in The Sight, so he would be too young for that.
- During Chapter 2, it says:  "You're allowed to rest as much as you want after journeying to the beavers' dam," she reminded Icewing.   Icewing did not travel to the beavers' dam; Rippletail and Petalfur did.

Cloudstar's Journey

- Nightfur's name is misspelled as "Nightfar" in the Allegiances.
- In Code of the Clans, the leader that gave territory to ThunderClan was named Darkstar.  In this book, he's consistently called Duskstar.
- In the Kindle edition, there are many instances of words having a hyphen in the middle of them where they're not supposed to. (i.e. Thunder-Clan, Cloud-star, etc.)

Goosefeather's Curse

(click to show/hide)

Ravenpaw's Farewell
- On page 285, Ravenpaw sees Echosong and thinks that she's Silverstream.  Unlike Firestar, Ravenpaw never met Silverstream, since Graystripe's romance with her began after Ravenpaw left ThunderClan and she died before Ravenpaw ever visited the forest again, so it's odd that he'd think about a cat he never met as if she had some significance in his life.

Spottedleaf's Heart
(click to show/hide)

Pinestar's Choice
- Dappletail appears as a warrior when Pinestar is an apprentice.   In other books such as Bluestar's Prophecy, she was an apprentice when Pinestar was leader  and Bluestar was born.

Thunderstar's Echo
- Willow Tail is listed as a WindClan hunter. In Moth Flight's Vision, she had died before Windstar became leader, and had given her one of her nine lives.
- In the Allegiances, adult cats are listed as "Hunters". In the actual text, they are referred to as warriors, and not hunters.
- Pg. 274-275 There, StarClan had healed her [Windstar] and given her nine lives, so that she could lead and protect her Clan.  (StarClan was unable to save her existing life as she was dying, so she was only given 8 lives instead of 9.)

Official Short Stories

Warriors: Ultimate Leader: The Clans Decide (US Presidential election 2008 story)

Pg. 5 "How can they be angry with us for trying to find a way to survive this leafbare?" (supposed to have a hyphen)
Pg. 12 [Onestar] blinked his calm blue eyes, then picked up his stone and carried it over to Firestar's pile.  (Onestar actually has amber eyes, as can be seen on Outcast pg. 139)

After Sunset: The Right Choice? (from the official app)

- Brambleclaw says, "I had to kill my own brother. My first day as Clan deputy, and I had to take another cat's life. What kind of beginning is that?"  He did not kill Hawkfrost on his first day as deputy. His first day as deputy was spent wishing he could announce his good news to someone, and he even considers telling his prey that it was about to be eaten by the Clan deputy.  That night he tells Hawkfrost and Tigerstar about it.

The Elders' Concern (from the official app)

(click to show/hide)

Other

Adventure Game

- In the rulebook, the Table of Contents claims that Chapter Three is on page 3.  It's actually on page 13.
- In the "The Plaintive Howls" mission (Fading Echoes), in parts 20 and 21 it says "If the group total from scene 20 was 18 or higher..."  Instead of scene 20, both should say scene 19.

The Official App

(click to show/hide)

The Official Website

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 05:04:26 PM »
-saving post for extra space-

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 05:04:48 PM »
-saving post for extra space-

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 02:38:52 AM »
Done, finally.  This'll need updating for some of DotC (which doesn't have many errors, iirc) and the Ultimate Guide (which I think does), but otherwise it's all here.

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17117 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 05:51:37 AM »
I'd like to point out that for The Fourth Apprentice, Millie is only missing from the hardcover allegiance list. This appears to have been fixed in the paperback, from what I've gathered from those who own the paperback edition. I don't know if you'll make a note of that anywhere or not, but it's nice to know.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 06:30:25 PM »
Yep, I do make notes of things like that, thanks :)

By the way, if you guys have any comments/suggestions on the layout of the post, or order of things, then please let me know.  :)

Offline Spellmaster

• Strong Black-Furred Loner Who Don't Need No Clan
  • Elder
  • 114 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Spellmaster
  • alike unfit to sink or soar
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • ruination-fangs @ tumblr
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 09:22:43 PM »
I've only skimmed DotC discussions to avoid spoilers, but I don't think I've seen this mentioned... found a few small typos in The First Battle:

Quote from: page 34
"You're back!" Sparrow Fur squeaked.
"Are you staying?" Owl Eyes asked excitedly.
"For good?" Pebble Eyes added.
(should be pebble heart)

Quote from: page 38
"Yes!" Owl Eye tore away a tiny mouthful.
(should be owl eyes)

I'll keep an owl eye out for any more as I keep reading, but you're right, this series does seem to have a lot fewer errors

okay i'm spoilering the rest this is getting too long
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 07:14:41 PM »
Thanks! Added those, as well as a bunch of Bramblestar's Storm and Goosefeather's Curse ones.

Offline Spellmaster

• Elder
  • 114 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 04:56:31 PM »
here's the ones I saw in The Blazing Star, spoilered for actual spoilers this time

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Spellmaster

• Elder
  • 114 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 12:29:24 AM »
apparently I read exactly one book a month...
separate post for clarity, here's A Forest Divided:

(click to show/hide)

and, a month later,

(click to show/hide)

Offline Neon Skylite

• 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
  • Warrior
  • 1144 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Neon Skylite
  • Flowers, flowers...flowers?
    • 🔮 I can see into the future!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her please. They/them is fine, though.
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 05:39:45 PM »
Bluestar's Prophecy, page 173, Crookedpaw goes up to sit with Bluepaw. He's described as a "stocky gray tabby" when really he should be light brown.
NEON SKYLITE
Click those adorable kitties to see my DragCave scroll, my Wikia profile and my character arts on the wiki!

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 07:53:50 PM »
the real mistake was my life
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline Wavestripe

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2016, 02:12:34 PM »
PG 18 of Thunder and Shadow
"Sleekpaw glowered at the ShadowClan deputy, but she took the parcel and, lifting her tail, marched on through the woods"
this was in reference of tawnypelt and she's most definitely not the deputy

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 01:29:51 AM »
Updated, and also added one each to Ravenpaw's Farewell and Hawkwing's Journey.

The only one I didn't add was this one:
Quote from: Spellmaster
when the moor cats head home from fourtrees, they travel through a stretch of forest, where they meet the three new rogues hiding in the underbrush. I don't know exactly how accurate the map is, but it shows no forest between fourtrees and the moor...

The map isn't always entirely accurate, so I wouldn't base it on that.  I know they've described the area directly around Fourtrees somewhat inconsistently in the past, too - I do think that they might've mentioned there being trees there before.