June 29, 2017, 07:34:38 AM

Author Topic: Headcanons  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17149 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
Headcanons
« on: August 14, 2015, 12:29:42 AM »
Does anyone have any weird or small headcanons about certain characters?? Like, not pelt colors or anything...but... maybe who they're related to, things they like to do, ect???

I seriously once shipped Bluestar and Whitestorm, and was dead-set on Runningwind being their son. Mind you, this was before Secrets of the Clans and Bluestar's Prophecy were released....and long before I found out that Fire and Ice, Forest of Secrets, and the rest of the original arc existed... Whooooops.

I also think that Cloudstar of SkyClan is distantly related to Clear Sky, and Ravenpaw is a descendant of Lightning Tail.....and so many others.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 213 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
Re: Headcanons
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 07:21:22 AM »
i think sharp hail is grey wing and co.'s father, and also that whitefang and softwing are siblings, among others
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 07:42:02 PM »
I used to have so many headcannons, most of which I've forgotten over the years ;-;
HOWEVER, I do remember a few:

- I've always headcannoned Blackstar as this macho-tom with a secret heart of gold that he doesn't want anyone to know about (because he's the ShadowClan leader so he must appear tough at all costs).
- I headcannon Spottedleaf and Cinderpelt being bffs up in StarClan, watching over Firestar, laughing at his mistakes, and gossiping with Sandstorm about him during her dreams.
- Also that Hawkfrost became so evil and twisted because he felt like there was no where for him to belong, as well as the seeming rejection from his family; Tigerstar, Sasha, and eventually even Brambleclaw.
- And lastly, Firestar truly and deeply is in love with Sandstorm even though this one is just because I can't handle the thought of guys lusting after other girls while in relationships, even in cat form

I seriously once shipped Bluestar and Whitestorm...
I also shipped them when I was first reading the books <3
But then once I found out about Blue/Oak, I thought that was so sweet and adorable that I had forgotten about Blue/White pretty quickly.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 06:11:08 AM »
I actually recall Blue/White being a pretty popular ship back in the day before everyone knew they were related :P

A couple other headcanons

-Firestar and Spottedleaf aren't actually in love. They had mini crushes on each other back in the day and they both occasionally recall this but both of them have honestly moved on (yes, I reject the canon of this ship hardcore eheh)

-Yellowfang has a huge soft spot for kits and apprentices founded by never getting to be a real mother

-Swiftpaw and Brightheart always saw each other as something akin to siblings. (I've never shipped them romantically and I've always seen them as friends who went above and beyond for each other)

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline amberstripe

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 08:47:47 PM »
I imagine Russetfur and Boulder as both single children (or only surviving in their respective litters) and thus grew up as practical siblings, especially since it's implied Russetfur was mostly raised by her mother (her father was a kittypet, and she specifically states that she never lived as a kittypet).

I have exteeensive headcanons about how starclan's powers work that probably should go in their own thread.
#Save lightFlight 2k15

Offline Squirrelypaws

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 09:50:53 AM »
In my mind, Squirrelflight did NOT fake a pregnancy to help Leafpool. Instead, I like the idea that Squirrel WAS pregnant, and that the "twin telepathy" thing between her and Leafpool triggered her to go into labor early. I don't know; maybe I'm just attached to that version of events because I used it in a fanfic before the "big reveal", but it just makes so much more sense that Squirrel was pregnant and lost her litter than to think that they faked the whole thing without anyone suspecting. 

Also, Onestar had three siblings; Twokit, Redkit, and Bluekit. XD

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17149 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 05:47:43 PM »
In my mind, Squirrelflight did NOT fake a pregnancy to help Leafpool. Instead, I like the idea that Squirrel WAS pregnant, and that the "twin telepathy" thing between her and Leafpool triggered her to go into labor early. I don't know; maybe I'm just attached to that version of events because I used it in a fanfic before the "big reveal", but it just makes so much more sense that Squirrel was pregnant and lost her litter than to think that they faked the whole thing without anyone suspecting.

Also, Onestar had three siblings; Twokit, Redkit, and Bluekit. XD
That is a good headcanon. I mean, Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight would have obviously had to have mated, otherwise none of that plotline would have made a lick of sense. So, would they have both been pregnant (Squirrelflight and Leafpool), or..? I actually like the idea of a miscarriage or something along those lines- it would have made that so much more understandable and would have definitely given Squirrelfight that extra nudge to protect Leafpool's kits even more. 

What about Fishkit?

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Squirrelypaws

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 08:02:21 PM »
So, would they have both been pregnant (Squirrelflight and Leafpool), or..?

Yeah, it would have been essentially a miscarriage/premature birth. I figure Squirrel got pregnant right around the time she got back together with Brambleclaw, which, IIRC, was a moon or so after Leafpool returned from her fling with Crowfeather. So if Squirrel's link with Leafpool caused her to go into labor at the same time as her sister, she would only have been about halfway through her pregnancy.

Offline Windstream

• Fangirling since 1997
  • Kit
  • 8 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Windstream
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: Windy, Wind, Blizzy, Blizz, Blizzard, Sooty, Soot, etc.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »
I saw Oakheart and Crookedstar with an Ed and Al type personality. Oakheart being like Ed, with his Arrogance and Crookedstar being like Al as the more sweet and caring that's what I get for watching so much fma

I believe Blackstar and Mud paws are somehow related.

On the subject of Blackstar, I see him as a maine coon/siamese mix. Don't know if it counts as pelt colors but eh. I also headcanon him with Wolfstep as a mentor

Last but not least, I believe Bluestar to be a relative of Blue Whisker.
"People who can't throw something important away, can never hope to change anything."
~Armin

Offline Bright Mind

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 04:57:39 PM »
So, would they have both been pregnant (Squirrelflight and Leafpool), or..?

Yeah, it would have been essentially a miscarriage/premature birth. I figure Squirrel got pregnant right around the time she got back together with Brambleclaw, which, IIRC, was a moon or so after Leafpool returned from her fling with Crowfeather. So if Squirrel's link with Leafpool caused her to go into labor at the same time as her sister, she would only have been about halfway through her pregnancy.

But that would be cruel since it essentially means Leafpool kill her sister's kit. I think Bramberclaw and Squirrleflight ( otherwise, it would be really awkwards) then they just pretend SquirrelFlight is pregnant and keep him away from her since I doubt Bramberclaw knows about she-cat ovulation cycle, lol.

Offline Owlfrost

• Kit
  • 120 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Owlfrost
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • StrawberryTiki
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her (or) They/Them
  • Mood: Optimistic
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 10:35:46 PM »
My favorite headcanon has to be Tallstar and Jake's "relationship" being the sole reason why Tallstar never took a mate in his birth Clan.

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 04:42:53 PM »
My headcanon is that Ashfur displayed symptoms of severe borderline personality disorder that manifested after the stress of losing his mother. He kept them hidden for a while but the rejection he received from Squirrelflight drove him over the edge into full-on crisis mode. As someone with BPD I can relate to a lot of the things that Ashfur was feeling (you know, sans the murder plots and all), but it was very clear that he suffered from some kinds of mental illness. 

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline PinkheartII

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 01:25:40 AM »
I saw Oakheart and Crookedstar with an Ed and Al type personality. Oakheart being like Ed, with his Arrogance and Crookedstar being like Al as the more sweet and caring that's what I get for watching so much fma

LOL, I am never going to think of Oakheart and Crookedstar the same way again. I have a similar head canon in the theme that DOTC characters being ancestors to modern warriors. I believe Gray Wing is a direct ancestor to Stormfur, something about their personalities and appearances feel eerily similar to me. I also have a headcanon that Lark will have kits and Pine will go on to be the next Stoneteller.One of or all of Lark's kits will feel dissatisfied with life in the Tribe and will go to join the clans, curious from the stories their grandfather told them.
My favourite head canon though, is that Tallstar, confused about his sexuality after Jake,  secretly fathered Longtail with Robinwing in a one night stand scenario similar to Bluestar and Oakheart. Later, Longtail and Mousefur wonder if they should be more than just friends. After a short fling and a mutual decision that they should just remain friends, Mousefur realizes she's expecting kits. Both she and Longtail feel they don't want the responsibility of being parents, so Mousefur sneaks off before giving birth and gives her newborn kits to a twoleg. When the grew up, they became wandering loners in search of adventure, and eventually settle down in a barn. One of them has kits of their own, and those kits go on to join SkyClan.
I think a lot....

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 05:54:40 AM »

LOL, I am never going to think of Oakheart and Crookedstar the same way again. I have a similar head canon in the theme that DOTC characters being ancestors to modern warriors. I believe Gray Wing is a direct ancestor to Stormfur, something about their personalities and appearances feel eerily similar to me. I also have a headcanon that Lark will have kits and Pine will go on to be the next Stoneteller.One of or all of Lark's kits will feel dissatisfied with life in the Tribe and will go to join the clans, curious from the stories their grandfather told them.
My favourite head canon though, is that Tallstar, confused about his sexuality after Jake,  secretly fathered Longtail with Robinwing in a one night stand scenario similar to Bluestar and Oakheart. Later, Longtail and Mousefur wonder if they should be more than just friends. After a short fling and a mutual decision that they should just remain friends, Mousefur realizes she's expecting kits. Both she and Longtail feel they don't want the responsibility of being parents, so Mousefur sneaks off before giving birth and gives her newborn kits to a twoleg. When the grew up, they became wandering loners in search of adventure, and eventually settle down in a barn. One of them has kits of their own, and those kits go on to join SkyClan.
I think a lot....
This would make for a really interesting fanfic, I'd read a fic based on this :P
(Though I do headcanon Mousefur as ace I still think this scenario could work even so)

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Wavestripe

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2016, 10:05:24 AM »
Mousefur has been pretty much confirmed to be Aro/Ace! And that makes me super duper happy considering the fact that I'm ace myself. "Mousefur was never interested in longtail, or taking a mate period for that matter." Ahhh