May 25, 2017, 04:57:11 PM

Author Topic: Best Forbidden Romance?  (Read 1766 times)

Offline xReddifx

Re: Best Forbidden Romance?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 10:55:25 PM »
I used to like DovexTiger until I realized how unhealthy/toxic it was... I mean, think about it- Tiger pretty much guilt tripped Dove into getting back with him (I think, it's been a while lol) and they both show signs of dependence on each other, like to an unhealthy extent... I dunno, it just really rubs me the wrong way... >w>

I liked both CrowxFeather and CrowxLeaf, it was so sad how poor Feathy-weathies died ;w;
LionxHeather was just- meh, I don't even know tbh (Cinder is better for him anyway)
Oakheart was a grapefruiting limeberry so I didn't like BluexOak

btw LeafxMoth is love, LeafxMoth is life
:kiss:

Offline Heron

• StarClanner
  • 30 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Heron
  • RUNNING IN THE 90'S
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Mood: Fruity
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 11:45:15 PM »
Not sure if it exactly counts as "forbidden", but I did like Stormfur/Brook.
Graystripe/Silverstream was pretty decent, too, though that might just be because the whole forbidden romance thing hadn't been done to death yet.

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1745 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 01:27:13 PM »
Least favorite, I'll start with, is Fire/Spotted. He barely had any interaction with her. I re-read the first book online and I think he said maybe five things to her that we know of while she was alive.

He just thought she was pretty as did the entire Clan. She was a pretty cat and he liked that. She probably became attached to him spiritually because he was The Cat of the prophecy that she had been given. It was all spiritual and I think that she was his spirit guide, not an actual love interest.

My FAVORITE forbidden romance is probably Bluestar and Oakheart. It was a relatively innocent relationship, and had Bluefur not been in line/needed to be deputy, they probably would have continued their relationship, or one would have moved to the other's Clan and lived. Oakheart and Bluestar probably always loved each other but it was just easier to move on. :( I always found their relationship extremely tragic, especially when Stonefur died...

thank you, secret santa!! :D

Offline Wolfie

• Wolfstorm
  • Warrior
  • 304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Wolfie
  • I never know what I'm doing
    • 🍂 LEAVES! LEAVES! LEAVES!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »
My favourite is grey/silver. I don't know what it is about them, but I adore them to this day. I was super excited when it was announced that they were going to have kits. Due to this, I tended to have a fondness for Feathertail and Stormfur too. I think part of the reason is like what everyone else had said that it wasn't beating a dead horse at that time.

Next I guess would have to be Feather/Crow. It seemed that Feathertail was doing so much for him to grow as a character meanwhile it wasn't being toxic in return. I think if she had lived he might not have been as big of a stick in the butt.

I think Blue/Oak would be third.

Thank you SS!
Felt my signature is too large and too lazy to resize at the moment
(click to show/hide)
Thank you for the grab-bag gift Dustfeather!
(click to show/hide)

Offline PinkheartII

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2015, 10:26:51 PM »
I used to like DovexTiger until I realized how unhealthy/toxic it was... I mean, think about it- Tiger pretty much guilt tripped Dove into getting back with him (I think, it's been a while lol) and they both show signs of dependence on each other, like to an unhealthy extent... I dunno, it just really rubs me the wrong way... >w>

Totally agree with you there, I never liked it, but absolutely despised it when it took a turn for the worst.
But my favourite is Blue/Oak for sure. I absolutely adore both of them on their own, and together, they're just an amazing couple.

Offline amberstripe

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 03:43:42 PM »
Least favorite, I'll start with, is Fire/Spotted. He barely had any interaction with her. I re-read the first book online and I think he said maybe five things to her that we know of while she was alive.

He just thought she was pretty as did the entire Clan. She was a pretty cat and he liked that. She probably became attached to him spiritually because he was The Cat of the prophecy that she had been given. It was all spiritual and I think that she was his spirit guide, not an actual love interest.

My FAVORITE forbidden romance is probably Bluestar and Oakheart. It was a relatively innocent relationship, and had Bluefur not been in line/needed to be deputy, they probably would have continued their relationship, or one would have moved to the other's Clan and lived. Oakheart and Bluestar probably always loved each other but it was just easier to move on. :( I always found their relationship extremely tragic, especially when Stonefur died...

That's interesting to me, because my favorite is Bluestar and Oakheart because it seemed the most like a summer fling type relationship to me. To be fair, I haven't read Bluestar's Prophecy in a looong time, but I remember them talking a few times, meeting up at night once, and that was about it. They enjoyed each other's company, had a great time together, and then realized they had their own duties to attend to and moved on, it seemed to me. I liked the idea of basically a cat one night fling being portrayed, idk. I should re-read the book.

I'm always a sucker for Gray/Silver, nostalgia being what it is.
#Save lightFlight 2k15

Offline Barkfoot

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2015, 11:00:36 AM »
In general, I'm pretty tired of forbidden love. It's  a bit played out in this series, imo. I have nothing against it in general, it's just that many of the relationships aren't believable at all (like Bluestar and Oakheart or Leafpool and Crowfeather) or just that the problems they face are old news.

BUT for some reason, I really do like Dovewing and Tigerheart. For one thing, we actually see them spend time together unlike Bluestar/Oakheart and Leafpool/Crowfeather. Also, Dovewing didn't just get over Tigerheart, she obviously sill loves him in Bramblestar's storm.

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17135 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 10:16:46 AM »
BUT for some reason, I really do like Dovewing and Tigerheart. For one thing, we actually see them spend time together unlike Bluestar/Oakheart and Leafpool/Crowfeather. Also, Dovewing didn't just get over Tigerheart, she obviously sill loves him in Bramblestar's storm.
Dovewing and Tigerheart actually has development, honestly. Sure, it's not the best of relationships, but there's more to it than just "Oh, I saw them across the border once and now I love them with my entire being". We saw them meet, grow close to each other, and they shared an experience- the journey to the beaver dam was an entire book... which tbh that's more than we get for a lot of the forbidden relationships.

And no, she very much does still have feelings for him. That's actually why Dovewing and Bumblestripe broke up in Bramblestar's Storm. Vicky said that Dovewing was still harboring feelings for Tigerheart... and imo, I wouldn't be surprised if they do become official mates in the future. Although, I would very much like one of them to go to a different Clan, instead of doing the half-Clan bull.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Kaminari

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 09:12:40 PM »
Favorite is Leaf/Crow. I think their romance was sweet in some ways and they were a cute couple.

I didn't really like Lion/Heather, since Heather is just a spoiled stuck up brat. Lion should be with Cinder
(click to show/hide)

Offline AliceMwa

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2016, 10:38:24 PM »
Gray/Silver killed me because she bled all over everything, and Graystripe rushed to get his best friend for help, despite it being a forbidden romance. That, and Stormfur became one of my absolute favorite characters. That and Crowfeather's forever love for FeatherTail... it just was a ship that needed to happen, in my opinion. It didn't feel plot driver or forced, and I was like 8 years old and crying over it.