August 23, 2017, 11:58:29 PM

Author Topic: The villains of A Vision of Shadows (Entire series spoilers)  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Lightflame

The sixth arc, A Vision of Shadows, is coming in 2016, and while it seems reasonable to assume that Sparkpaw and Alderpaw will probably be the protagonists (alongside that ShadowClan POV character confirmed for book two), we have no idea who the villains could be.

Which characters would you like to see as villain in the sixth arc? What should their personalities be like? What should their endgames be?

Over on the official forum, there's a fairly prolific rumour that the villains will be Hawkfrost's son (named Diego, apparently) and Featherpelt of WindClan.

I'm quite attached to the idea of Featherpelt as the main villain myself. The theory for her is that she's one of the new WindClan kits Dovewing saw in The Forgotten Warrior, daughter to Swallowtail and Antpelt. During the Dark Forest battle, she was seriously traumatized when she watched WindClan warriors turned against their Clanmates to fight alongside the Dark Forest and saw the deaths of both her mother and aunt (Thistleheart). After this, Featherpelt grew to hate StarClan, the Dark Forest, and the Dark Forest trainees (especially Ivypool, who she blames for everything wrong in her life).

After some sort of cataclysm (possibly the lake cats completely losing contact with StarClan) throws the Clans into disarray, Featherpelt takes over as leader of WindClan and attempts to restore order by conquering the other Clans and uniting them all under her rule. Along the way, she takes her revenge by murdering all the Dark Forest trainees she encounters. (All of them except Ivypool. She has a lengthy plan for revenge planned out, which includes capturing Ivypool, torturing her, and killing Birchfall and Whitewing in front of her.) Featherpelt's eventual end goal is to destroy both StarClan and the Dark Forest completely.

I think that could be pretty cool, especially since WindClan is the only Clan that hasn't produced a Main Villain, and unless Star Flower does turn out to be the bad guy in Path of Stars, Mapleshade is our only female Main Villain so far. (I consider the Main Villains to be Tigerstar, Brokenstar, Scourge, Hawkfrost, Sol, Thistleclaw, Mapleshade, and whoever ends up as the final villain of Dawn of the Clans.)

What I don't want to see is the return of the Dark Forest as the main bad guys, since their story is finished, and they've had so much time in the limelight already.

I wouldn't mind Sol returning for the first couple of books, but he shouldn't be the main villain and he should die by the end of the arc.

Offline Jilda

Re: The villains of A Vision of Shadows (Entire series spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 08:49:28 PM »
Hawkfrost has a son? Howww is that even possible? o-o I am quite confused not gonna lie

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17161 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 08:56:30 PM »
Hawkfrost has a son? Howww is that even possible? o-o I am quite confused not gonna lie
He doesn't have a son. =/ Lightflame is posting theories again with no evidence whatsoever. These are rumors that shouldn't even be taken with half a grain of salt.

Also Swallowtail and Antpelt weren't mates that we actually have proof for- Vicky in fact seems to think otherwise.

I'll sit here wanting more Dark Forest cats, though. The ones still there are bound to be infuriated and want revenge and I would totally be okay with them manipulating Ashfur into going to their side.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Jilda

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 09:02:57 PM »
He doesn't have a son. =/ Lightflame is posting theories again with no evidence whatsoever. These are rumors that shouldn't even be taken with half a grain of salt.

Also Swallowtail and Antpelt weren't mates that we actually have proof for- Vicky in fact seems to think otherwise.

I'll sit here wanting more Dark Forest cats, though. The ones still there are bound to be infuriated and want revenge and I would totally be okay with them manipulating Ashfur into going to their side.
Ahhh okay that makes sense. Also quite relieved -- idk how I'd feel if warriors started going off the dead lovin' route.

That'd be cool. Though I personally would also sorta like to see another living villain like Brokenstar or Scourge who's nicely developed? idk, instead of reusing the old ones. Does that even make sense? xD

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17161 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 09:07:11 PM »

Ahhh okay that makes sense. Also quite relieved -- idk how I'd feel if warriors started going off the dead lovin' route.

That'd be cool. Though I personally would also sorta like to see another living villain like Brokenstar or Scourge who's nicely developed? idk, instead of reusing the old ones. Does that even make sense? xD
Yeah, the mate thing for Swallowtail and Antpelt was based off of one line from Dovewing, who assumed they were mates based on how distraight Swallowtail was- they could have been related or something for all we know. It was a guess that some take for canon... x.x

I totally get what you mean- some prefer living villains compared to dead ones, or just don't want to see the same things over and over again. I just really love the Dark Forest cats oops.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.