I'm pretty sure Path of Stars will be a doozy when it comes to death. Cats I think could die:
- Jagged Peak: He's already done everything The Ultimate Guide says he will, so he could be killed off. He's the most major character who could be killed off in the next book, so there's a decent chance.
- Mud Paws: Apprentices have the suffix "-paw". We can't have a "paw" cat running around. He's a goner.
- Slash: Since he's a major villain, he'll probably die.
- Star Flower: If she really is the bad guy, she'll die. Even if she isn't, she might still die. Who knows?
- Branch: I could imagine him coming back to die after providing closure for Wind Runner's arc.
- Snake: I have a feeling he'll die after trying to take revenge on Clear Sky.
- Quick Water: She's the most minor Follower of the Sun Trail still alive. If more of them are going to be killed off, she's on the chopping block.
- Thorn: He was sickly when he first showed up. Even if it's been a few books, that's an ill omen (heh).
- Birch: Also him. SkyClan has a Birchstar, but it's a she-cat. He could die and then have a she-cat named after him. (Would Clear Sky have any cats left by the end of the book?)
- Tansy, Frog, or Willow: One could show up again only to die and give Wind Runner a reason to fight the rogues.
We're definitely in for a bloodbath, though.
In addition, Reed will probably die in Moth Flight's Vision.