October 22, 2017, 12:31:50 PM

Author Topic: (Speculation) Who will die?  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Frostclaw

(Speculation) Who will die?
« on: June 26, 2015, 01:35:37 PM »
Since none of the future leaders, deputies, or medicine cats can die, the only major character who could die is Gray Wing, though I'd be a bit surprised, since he could still play a fairly large role in Moth Flight's Vision. 

Slash most likely won't survive either, unless everyone has had enough death that they decide to spare him like they originally planned with One Eye.

Who do you think won't live through Path of Stars?

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 217 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
  • Mood: Tired
Re: (Speculation) Who will die?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 02:15:09 PM »
I bet Fern dies because she betrayed Slash and all. Which is a shame, because I adore Fern in what little appearances she has.

Also, Star Flower has a 50/50 chance of kicking the bucket, in my opinion. I expect few minor characters to die, but the Erins can try to wow me.
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Lightflame

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 06:35:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure Path of Stars will be a doozy when it comes to death. Cats I think could die:

- Jagged Peak: He's already done everything The Ultimate Guide says he will, so he could be killed off. He's the most major character who could be killed off in the next book, so there's a decent chance.
- Mud Paws: Apprentices have the suffix "-paw". We can't have a "paw" cat running around. He's a goner.
- Slash: Since he's a major villain, he'll probably die.
- Star Flower: If she really is the bad guy, she'll die. Even if she isn't, she might still die. Who knows?
- Branch: I could imagine him coming back to die after providing closure for Wind Runner's arc.
- Snake: I have a feeling he'll die after trying to take revenge on Clear Sky.
- Quick Water: She's the most minor Follower of the Sun Trail still alive. If more of them are going to be killed off, she's on the chopping block.
- Thorn: He was sickly when he first showed up. Even if it's been a few books, that's an ill omen (heh).
- Birch: Also him. SkyClan has a Birchstar, but it's a she-cat. He could die and then have a she-cat named after him. (Would Clear Sky have any cats left by the end of the book?)
- Tansy, Frog, or Willow: One could show up again only to die and give Wind Runner a reason to fight the rogues.

We're definitely in for a bloodbath, though.

In addition, Reed will probably die in Moth Flight's Vision.

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17163 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 08:22:00 PM »
I'm expecting something to happen to Gray Wing, honestly. Kate hinted at a heartbreaking death or something along those lines on her blog, and I wouldn't put it past her to kill him. If not him, then most likely cats like Star Flower, Jagged Peak, or another "major but not major enough cat to live". Seems to be how they do it- they kill the ones we either adore (Turtle Tail) or apparently hate (Ferncloud died because of this).

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Lightflame

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 09:00:44 PM »
I'm expecting something to happen to Gray Wing, honestly. Kate hinted at a heartbreaking death or something along those lines on her blog, and I wouldn't put it past her to kill him. If not him, then most likely cats like Star Flower, Jagged Peak, or another "major but not major enough cat to live". Seems to be how they do it- they kill the ones we either adore (Turtle Tail) or apparently hate (Ferncloud died because of this).

I was sure he was going to die in The First Battle, but since he survived, I don't think it's as likely he'll die now. Gray Wing is confirmed to father kits (with Slate, obviously), so I think they'll let him stick around to be with them. Plus, the main theme of the arc is loss and acceptance, so I think it would kind of screw with that if Gray Wing finds happiness only to die.

Jagged Peak would manage to be an equal gut punch without screwing with the themes of the arc.

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17163 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 09:44:36 PM »

I was sure he was going to die in The First Battle, but since he survived, I don't think it's as likely he'll die now. Gray Wing is confirmed to father kits (with Slate, obviously), so I think they'll let him stick around to be with them. Plus, the main theme of the arc is loss and acceptance, so I think it would kind of screw with that if Gray Wing finds happiness only to die.

Jagged Peak would manage to be an equal gut punch without screwing with the themes of the arc.
The only way that would work and him still die is if there's a timeskip, honestly. I may have actually forgotten about the "he'll father kits" thing, since I'm so used to Pebble Heart, Sparrow Fur, and Owl Eyes being called his kits. I just hope that those three won't be forgotten in Path of Stars in favor of these new kits.

Eh, Jagged Peak wouldn't really hurt me as much. I don't care for him... although Quiet Rain's death was a huge punch to the gut and Sun Shadow dying would hurt bad well.

Basically the cats it can't be are:
Thunder
Clear Sky
Wind Runner
River Ripple
Tall Shadow
Gorse Fur
Moth Flight
Cloud Spots
Dappled Pelt
Pebble Heart
Owl Eyes

Unlikely, but still possible:
Lightning Tail
Gray Wing
Dust Muzzle (Kate hinted at him becoming Duststar)
Slate
Star Flower
Shattered Ice
Reed (he knows a lot about herbs, so maybe possible MC)
Fern

And free game:
Leaf
Nettle
Thorn
Acorn Fur
Birch
Alder
Jagged Peak
Holly
Mouse Ear
Mud Paws
Sparrow Fur
Eagle Feather
Storm Pelt
Dew Nose
Night
Dew
Slash
Snake
Blossom
Pink Eyes
Milkweed
Thistle
Clover
Minnow

Offline Lightflame

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 09:53:57 PM »
Lightning Tail can't die. Back before The Blazing Star I asked Kate if all the first deputies had shown up yet, and she said that there were no deputies yet in Moth Flight's Vision.

Either that, or he never actually becomes deputy.

Offline Archy

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 10:03:11 PM »
Personally, as Skye has said earlier, I think Gray Wing will die. Kate has noted that this book will have her best heart-wrenching in Warriors so far, and Gray Wing dying would be a huge heartbreaker, considering he's been a main character since The Sun Trail, and has had a POV in every DotC book so far. As for any other characters, I really hope they don't kill Star Flower. Let Clear Sky actually have a mate that doesn't die for once :P. I could see Slash getting killed off. Hopefully it's something brutal. :3
Dumb looser nerd who likes cats, reading, and Nintendo. Enthusiast of coconut cream pies. Unoriginal bio <3 NNID : Archeops127; FC: 1349-5096-5450. Conor R.

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17163 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 10:05:17 PM »
Lightning Tail can't die. Back before The Blazing Star I asked Kate if all the first deputies had shown up yet, and she said that there were no deputies yet in Moth Flight's Vision.

Either that, or he never actually becomes deputy.
That's why he's in the unlikely section- we don't know if they're keeping true to Secrets of the Clans canon or not, and that's the only book that has him listed as a deputy of ThunderClan.

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 217 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 02:43:33 PM »
I think Jagged Peak could die in Path of Stars - I mean, his arc is pretty much done, and it'll definitely take a toll on not just Gray Wing, but Clear Sky, too, the brother who exiled him. Plus, he has his fans, and is very plot-relevant, so I think it'd be fitting.
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline ( grayfur )

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 07:59:13 PM »
i know none of the leaders will die because they started the clans, but i hope star flower dies. she is such a little tease! >< traitor. part of me thinks gray wing might die because he isn't linked as a leader to any of the clans. and wind runner has to take over windclan so she better come back fo reelz.

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17163 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 08:51:06 AM »
i know none of the leaders will die because they started the clans, but i hope star flower dies. she is such a little tease! >< traitor. part of me thinks gray wing might die because he isn't linked as a leader to any of the clans. and wind runner has to take over windclan so she better come back fo reelz.
Yeah, he's not really linked to anything anymore... and chances are that his time is basically done and over with. It's been heavily implied in that preview that something is bound to happen to him.

Offline Frostclaw

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 02:56:38 AM »
It would almost be too tragic if Gray Wing dies, though. He raised Clear Sky's son and Turtle Tail's kits but doesn't ever get to raise his own? That would be really cruel.

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17163 prey points
  • View Inventory
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 12:02:47 PM »
It would almost be too tragic if Gray Wing dies, though. He raised Clear Sky's son and Turtle Tail's kits but doesn't ever get to raise his own? That would be really cruel.
He actually gets a mate of his own, and they have kits!! (Kate said this on her blog a few months ago??) Path of Stars got leaked, and further confirms this, but I won't spoil it for you.

Offline Frostclaw

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 01:24:10 PM »
He actually gets a mate of his own, and they have kits!! (Kate said this on her blog a few months ago??) Path of Stars got leaked, and further confirms this, but I won't spoil it for you.
That would definitely make it tragic then.