October 18, 2017, 11:37:48 AM

Author Topic: The Darkest Half-Hour [Podcast]  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Sunneth

• a wet RiverClan cat
  • Leader
  • 4987 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sunneth
  • is not prone to divide by zero
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • hyperresonate@tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
The Darkest Half-Hour [Podcast]
« on: September 16, 2015, 04:57:50 PM »
this thread isn't late at all

Hey Ww! If you've been around since near the beginning of the site, you might remember Ww's podcast, The Darkest Half-Hour. Lately we've been toying with the idea of bringing it back, with Ww's recent revival!

But, to do this, we need people for lots of things: organization, ideas/topics, hosting, a tech crew... and maybe more things. If you want to nominate yourself to work on this project, post here with a list of things you'd be willing to do / positions you'd like to be, and we'll... organize this... somehow?

i got indoctrinated into making this, i don't actually know what to do. BUT here's your Official Announcement thread that this will be a thing!

Also, quoting dfw's post because I think they've got the exact right idea for things to get this started!
Nominate + vote sounds like it would be a great combo, and if I may add, I think it would be cool if the nominees gave specific reasons why they would be a good fit ("I nominate myself because I can organize and host" or "I nominate myself because I am good at keeping the conversation flowing" or "I nominate myself for my extensive Cat Book Nerd Knowledge" etc. etc.)

3 or 4 hosts is a good number to shoot for, I think. This allows for a few guests an episode (They don't have to all be on at once, and in fact probably shouldn't be as calls get hectic fast when there are more than 4 or 5 people)

I am sure we could also use behind the scenes people so that could be a purpose for anyone who can't/doesn't want to be a host. (planning, editing, coming up with topics, uploading, and whatnot) So there's that too.

Putting all of this in an announcement to get volunteers for all the stuff would be a good start, and then another announcement for voting for nominees. That's what I think would work best, personally :3

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: The Darkest Half-Hour [Podcast]
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 05:20:40 PM »
:D YESSSSS excitement!

I would of course, be willing to organize and whatnot, I could also probably help come up with discussion ideas and stuff?

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Tom

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 05:32:56 PM »
yes I love this idea

I'm really good with organising stuff and I dont remember like anything about Warriors but I'm totally cool with helping with topics and stuff.

Actually like I'm down to help with anything. Let me know what's needed.  :)

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 05:42:39 PM »
I can pretty much help with anything that doesn't have to do with software/editing!

Also, I wasn't active when we did the first podcast, what exactly goes on with it...? I've never listened to a podcast before x:

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 05:48:53 PM »
I can pretty much help with anything that doesn't have to do with software/editing!

Also, I wasn't active when we did the first podcast, what exactly goes on with it...? I've never listened to a podcast before x:
Just imagine discussions, pretty similar to any of the discussions that might go on here....just spoken out loud instead of typed xD

I imagine there will be some warriors chat with the occasional off topic bit thrown in

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1745 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 05:50:48 PM »
I can write scripts at some point as well as do graphics and fun posters for promotional things! I would LOVE to set up a YouTube channel & maybe we can eventually move up to do charity streams if we got popular enough :0

(I will be on a laptop either Friday afternoon or Monday when we get Internet so I can message you onskype sunneth!!)

thank you, secret santa!! :D

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 05:53:50 PM »
@Darkforestwarrior ahhh okay, thank you for clearing that up!

@Leafpool I love the idea of a Ww YouTube channel, where people who like animation can post their stuff, or people who like film-making can do their thing... And I think it would be awesome to use Ww to do charity work :3
Also, a YouTube channel could open up more site-wide project stuff. Like, maybe a project where people can send in a clip explaining why they love Warriors or this site specifically, and then someone who's good with videos could put it into some sort of emotional colab vid?

Offline xReddifx

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 05:55:39 PM »
omg!! this sounds so exciting!!! how exactly would you go about it tho :0 like skype calls and such? and maybe i could also do some graphics !!! hopefully i'll be able to get photoshop cs6 and a new tablet soon..... >w> super excited about that hehehehehehe

also, relating to the last post by @Scartail I could probably do speedpaints and/or art tutorials for the yt channel??

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1745 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 05:57:41 PM »
Mhm! I can do a setup of a channel and work on some banners and icons for it. C: I think doing charity streams for like, SPCA and such would be good. I also do a lot of digital art so I can do illustrations of scenes from the books.

But I think a stream would have to be some of us in the same room with a good recording camera xP and we can do dares and stuff for each milestone. I would shave my head for charity :P

I'm interested in what we could talk about with the warriors series though, since there are SO MANY BOOKS.

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 06:00:16 PM »
Yeah, the possibilities for Warriors discussions are pretty much endless...

Oooh, what if in the podcast somewhere there was a little trivia game? The hosts would ask questions, and people would call in to answer, and if they get it right they get PP or a card or something?
Also, for the hosts to do an actual discussion, we could probably go back to v4 and look at some of the threads people have started for inspiration?

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 06:01:45 PM »
This sounds fun!

I would like to be part of the actual discussing, I think.  I've kept up-to-date on all the books and still have semi-encyclopedic knowledge of them.

Offline xReddifx

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 06:03:15 PM »
Mhm! I can do a setup of a channel and work on some banners and icons for it. C: I think doing charity streams for like, SPCA and such would be good. I also do a lot of digital art so I can do illustrations of scenes from the books.

But I think a stream would have to be some of us in the same room with a good recording camera xP and we can do dares and stuff for each milestone. I would shave my head for charity :P

I'm interested in what we could talk about with the warriors series though, since there are SO MANY BOOKS.

omg so if we did the being-in-the-same-room thing, i really hope i'd be able to come and do that, but like, i wouldn't be able to drive (i dont know how...) but i could take a bus/train maybe? (think metra or greyhound) or maybe someone passing by on their way could pick me up and we could carpool? aaaaa this is so exciting!!!!!!!
also, where/whose house would we do all this at? :0000

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1745 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 06:40:11 PM »
I live in apartment xP we aren't there yet but I would be fine with hosting a few people, but not until next year when/if we got a house.

(I'm a great cook and I have great internet)

I know a few Wwers that live semi nearby that could probably come to my apartment.

Offline fireheart

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 06:58:16 PM »
Yes!!! I'm so excited for this!! I'm happy to help with whatever I can, script writing and audio/visual editing aside.

As far as streaming stuff goes - I'd be happy to appear if we do something like that! With me moving around from socal to nyc all the time, it'd be kinda difficult for me to do though ;w;

(i too can cook well. Ww dinner party? Ww dinner party!)

Offline tinyfeather

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 07:14:45 PM »
Omg I wanna be a part of this!
I'd love to host (I'm extremely chatty and love talking ships and medicine cats!!!!) but I can do other things too...idk what but I'd be happy with anything probably!