June 27, 2017, 07:22:24 AM

Author Topic: The Darkest Half-Hour [Podcast]  (Read 2671 times)

Offline xReddifx

Re: The Darkest Half-Hour [Podcast]
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 07:27:20 PM »
Omg also how often would we do the podcast btw? Every other month maybe? How often was the one from the previous forum? Also, roundabouts what state would we be in? Hoping it's semi-close to Illinois, I don't know if I could travel all the way to the other side of the country omg I'm down with the eastern half tho, but it depends where exactly XP

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1745 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 07:30:50 PM »
I live in Upstate NY. I'm also probably the oldest on the site (23) right now and an admin so I feel as though I should be hosting, if we did anything like that.

I've already met Pine and it was good fun c: she's the bees knees.

I believe the podcast should start at every other month. Just need to see how popular it is!

thank you, secret santa!! :D

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 07:36:14 PM »
I go up to New England every summer, so I MAY be able to participate in a podcast :3
Then again my parents may not be keen on that (in fact they probably won't be), but by then I'll be 19 so eh, who knows? Plus boyfriend might be coming, so I can just tell them I want to spend a day in NY with him.

I think it'd be a really cool idea to have a little dinner party thing, @fireheart! Obviously not a lot of people would be able to participate, but if someone were to video tape some of it, then it could go on the YouTube channel? Maybe those of us that can cook could make their favorite thing and bring it, and someone could video tape everyone's reactions when they try them? Then again this would all depend on how many people would be able to participate, what Leafpool can accommodate, etc.

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 07:47:55 PM »
I would not be able to participate if it were an in-person thing; I live several hundred miles from any Wwian, so that wouldn't be feasible.  It would have to be via Skype.

Offline tinyfeather

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 07:55:54 PM »
yeah, i...hope this wouldn't be an in-person thing on the regular honestly
Quote from: Tom
I'm so excited my mouth turned into 4 eggs

Offline Sunneth

• a wet RiverClan cat
  • Leader
  • 4983 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sunneth
  • is not prone to divide by zero
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • hyperresonate@tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 07:59:36 PM »
(pulls reigns up) WHOA NELLY
I guess I'm just kind of confused where the whole real life thing came from? the charity stream idea? that's... not feasible really, or very far away if it would ever be able to happen at all. also the talk of a youtube channel isn't necessarily related, so... podcast discussion only, here?

I mean the youtube channel could kind of be related to the podcast, but podcats (oops) are usually just audio-only (i'm thinkin like... radios here, I don't actually listen to anything else). I don't remember if the original TDHH was audio-only or not though so (tsu shrug)

yeah, podcast would probably be through skype only, no real life meetups required. it'd be impossible to get the right people to the right places that way.

i also didn't intend to get super involved, I was forced to make this announcement!! so don't let me be the one that decides everything. more-involved people should be doin that stuff. pas moi

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »
Skype saves the day!
And yeah sorry we did kinda veer off on the YouTube thing~

So, would we listen to the podcast via Skype? Or would the people speaking in it record it over Skype, and then post it somewhere else...?

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 928 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
    • 🔮 I can see into the future!
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 08:05:24 PM »
i imagine everyone would record their own audio separately and then send it to someone who will sync them up and edit it together into a single audio file and then it can be uploaded wherever

Offline xReddifx

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 08:06:52 PM »
Maybe we could alternate whose place we go to for the podcasts? So that some Wwians could have an easier time of being in one if it's close enough to where they live. And upstate NY is anywhere from 500-750 miles from Chicago, so I could easily take the bus or train like I said earlier. Flying is out of the question, however, since that foxdung is wayyyy too expensive o_0

And if anyone who's also going there to be in the podcast, and they're on the way (say, in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania?) then we could meet up part of the way and travel together!!

oh nvm scratch all that, just saw what Sunneth posted >->

Offline Tom

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »
Needless to say the irl thing makes me cry [/Australia]

If we did it as a Skype call could one person not record the whole call rather than everyone recording their audio? I feel like it would be heaps easier :# but there could be something I'm missing..

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2015, 08:28:44 PM »
If there's going to be discussion between members themselves, it probably would be a good idea to record it all at once... Although I think a script would be a great idea, because even though it wouldn't be followed EXACTLY to the word, it would at least prevent people from interrupting each other or awkward silences.

Offline xReddifx

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 08:31:41 PM »
Oh by the way, will there be a Skype group for this, like to discuss it in detail and such? If so, I'd like to get in on that x)

Offline Tom

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2015, 08:40:41 PM »
We should sus things out first here, because not everyone has skype. If skype does fall through then there's also tinychat and stuff. ^_^

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 928 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
    • 🔮 I can see into the future!
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 08:48:04 PM »
if people record their audio individually the end result will probably be higher quality than someone recording other people through the internet, also in that case individual audios could be edited, like if one person is quieter than everyone else

if people aren't concerned though i guess you could try one person recording everyone, but they would have to like record their own mic and also the audio coming out of their speakers so i dunno everyone recording individually might actually be easier??

Offline Sunneth

• a wet RiverClan cat
  • Leader
  • 4983 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sunneth
  • is not prone to divide by zero
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • hyperresonate@tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2015, 08:52:57 PM »
yeah, I think the biggest difference between one person recording everything and everyone recording themselves is the quality thing. I mean, there could be a tech person sitting in chat recording everyone in addition to everyone recording themselves? it depends on how well it could be edited together?? i have no experience with this