October 18, 2017, 11:28:29 AM

Author Topic: The Darkest Half-Hour [Podcast]  (Read 2808 times)

Offline xReddifx

Re: The Darkest Half-Hour [Podcast]
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 08:57:41 PM »
By the way, Skype only lets up to 20 people be in a group call at a time, though I kinda doubt there would be that many people in it ahaha xD

Offline Tom

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2015, 09:05:51 PM »
if people record their audio individually the end result will probably be higher quality than someone recording other people through the internet, also in that case individual audios could be edited, like if one person is quieter than everyone else

if people aren't concerned though i guess you could try one person recording everyone, but they would have to like record their own mic and also the audio coming out of their speakers so i dunno everyone recording individually might actually be easier??

Tru but we could have a lurker

Like, someone who doesn't participate in conversation but just records.

Or if anyone has a second device they could converse on one and record on the other maybe. :0

But the loss of quality thing does make sense.. I think you're right, we should try a test with one person recording and see how it sounds.. if it's awful revert to everyone recording themselves ^_^

It will also come down to Skype lag which I had admittedly totally forgotten about.   orz

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2015, 09:12:48 PM »
Another site I'm on did a podcast recently; they just had one user record the entire Skype call (plus his own mic, since you don't hear your own voice when Skyping).  That was easiest for them and it sounded fine.   Just make sure everyone introduces themselves at the start, lol; they didn't and so it was confusing since they never said who was who.

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2015, 09:17:44 PM »
I'm totally up for this!! but idk what I'd rly do bc im not horribly great at editing stuff and I don't have a lot of sound equipment... I'd just like to talk tbh can I talk thatd be great
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline xReddifx

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2015, 09:24:48 PM »
Actually, I think if it was just audio, I don't know if I wanna talk after all? I'd still love to listen in as it's being recorded, and I could def do my best to contribute ideas for discussion, but I've changed my mind xP Also, I could still do some graphics to promote it :0

And I still wanna do the yt channel thing aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1745 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2015, 09:25:01 PM »
I only said the LIVE STREAMS for charity would be in person.

thank you, secret santa!! :D

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 09:26:28 PM »
Actually, I think if it was just audio, I don't know if I wanna talk after all? I'd still love to listen in as it's being recorded, and I could def do my best to contribute ideas for discussion, but I've changed my mind xP Also, I could still do some graphics to promote it :0

There could probably be a few questions that people could send in that the hosts could answer? That way everyone can be a part of it, even if they don't organize/host/edit/whatever :3

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1745 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2015, 09:27:18 PM »
(Mobile doesn't let me edit ugh)

All of this podcast will likely be recorded in Skype and edited in Vegas or something. There would probably be two or three regulars & guests I think.

YT would just be good to get us out there & people can listen to us as background noise haha.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2015, 09:28:33 PM »
By the way, Skype only lets up to 20 people be in a group call at a time, though I kinda doubt there would be that many people in it ahaha xD
Ideally no more than 5 or 6 people would be on every session (at one time), a few of these being the hosts, and the rest being "guests" that we could change up every new session

as for audio quality, recording over skype would probably be fine? Recording separately might be better quality but we could try both ways and see what happens I suppose :P

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2015, 09:30:18 PM »
We could probably do a quick test run of both ways? That way we wouldn't have to redo an entire podcast session just to see which one is better...?

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1745 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2015, 09:31:10 PM »
Ideally no more than 5 or 6 people would be on every session (at one time), a few of these being the hosts, and the rest being "guests" that we could change up every new session

as for audio quality, recording over skype would probably be fine? Recording separately might be better quality but we could try both ways and see what happens I suppose :P

Skype audio is usually good. I will have really really good internet so I can probably record the podcasts even if I don't talk? (I'm the shyest Skype caller ever)

Offline Tom

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2015, 10:20:10 PM »
Skype audio is usually good. I will have really really good internet so I can probably record the podcasts even if I don't talk? (I'm the shyest Skype caller ever)

This would be perfect imo. I was going to offer to record as a test but my Internet isnt good and I struggle not to talk lmao. :)

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17163 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2015, 04:16:38 AM »

This would be perfect imo. I was going to offer to record as a test but my Internet isnt good and I struggle not to talk lmao. :)
Agreed. I'd help with recording myself, but my internet is horrible.

I would also be okay with a random meetup and like... idk, some kind of special episode or something??? Like when Welcome to Night Vale releases their live episodes? It woudn't need to be all the time, but a very special occasion or something along those lines. I live in Pennsylvania, so it probably wouldn't take much to go stalk, erm... I mean visit, @Leafpool lol

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline SQ

• boop boop toot toot
  • Leader
  • 1745 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SQ
  • small cat irl
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2015, 10:02:16 AM »
Yeah I'm totally down for recording the podcast! I can also host the Skype calls - it'll be easier on everyone's internet if someone with high speed hosts. That's also why you have to limit how many people are IN the call, because the more people = more lag/weirdly distorted speech. I think they originally recorded in Skype too.

I'm not a great editor but I think @Darkstar has a good handle on editing things..??

A meetup would be fun, but not for a while - and I don't object to finally meeting u @Lightning :3c I'm sure you're only maybe 5~ hours away.

Offline Flameclaw

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2015, 11:42:27 AM »
I love the idea of this! I've been doing a similar thing with two of my friends, so I already have experience with podcasts, I'd be willing to help and join!