November 25, 2017, 01:28:03 AM

Author Topic: Official Feedback Thread  (Read 4446 times)

Offline Darkstar

Official Feedback Thread
« on: June 26, 2015, 11:11:21 PM »
This is a thread for general feedback about the forum and its features. Let us know if there's anything you want us to look into changing! Also, if you have a suggestion for an addition, we'd love to hear about that as well.

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline Dawnwing

Re: Official Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 04:47:03 PM »
Could we get a [youtube] tag to embed Youtube videos?  I've seen a lot of other forums with that.

Offline Sunneth

• a wet RiverClan cat
  • Leader
  • 4987 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sunneth
  • is not prone to divide by zero
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • hyperresonate@tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 05:05:05 PM »
We mentioned this in the skype chat but is it possible to have an option to disable the smilies by default, or set them to something other than the basic text emoticons? (There's an option on each post, in the full reply page, to disable the smilies, but it means you can't use quick reply, and have to check it on every single post)

I poked around the smileys menu in the admin thing and didn't see anything, and idk where to look for mods :0

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17167 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 05:14:37 PM »
Is there a way to tweak the text box (or have it optional) to have it straight up HTML or how it was on old WW? The formatting on this doesn't agree with me very well and likes to break the text, especially when copy-pasting, and when I was trying to do the update thread, this was a huge inconvenience. I mean, there are ways around it, but I'm so used to HTML/source based things, that this is...taking a bit to get used to.

If not, that's cool. I'll make due with what we've got, no worries.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline shadeflight

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 02:15:16 AM »
We mentioned this in the skype chat but is it possible to have an option to disable the smilies by default, or set them to something other than the basic text emoticons? (There's an option on each post, in the full reply page, to disable the smilies, but it means you can't use quick reply, and have to check it on every single post)

I poked around the smileys menu in the admin thing and didn't see anything, and idk where to look for mods :0

i was concerned with this as well. and in personal messages, i didn't notice an option to disable the smilies whatsoever? did i just miss it or something? if i didn't and if it's possible to have added, that'd be incredible.

i was also thinking, since some of us use text that creates the emoticons as part of our posts commonly but don't intend to use the emoticons (such as ??? or a wink or :/), if there was a way the shortcuts to the emoticons could be changed? for example, changing the text to something deviantArt style, like :charactername: or something. so that the brightheart icon could potentially be created by typing :brightheart: instead of  :'(? not the only possibility of changes since some would prefer them staying the same, but a suggestion if people would prefer something more like that.

if text changing is ruled out then the whole universal ("by default") setting to never use emoticons is cool too, i'm just throwing out ideas.
Quote from: DFW
cup

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 02:25:14 AM »
Alright, so I've made it so people can disable smileys on an individual basis. I've added a YouTube embed code. Unfortunately, I can't implement the HTML code but we do now have a paragraph formatting button with which you can use CSS to format.

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17167 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 06:24:46 AM »
Alright, so I've made it so people can disable smileys on an individual basis. I've added a YouTube embed code. Unfortunately, I can't implement the HTML code but we do now have a paragraph formatting button with which you can use CSS to format.
That's quite alright- I understand you can't implement it! It was only a suggestion, and I'm quite alright with the option you picked instead. Thanks for checking into it! =)

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 07:38:14 PM »
Is it possible to make keyboard shortcuts work in the Quick Reply box?   For example, in the full reply, you can ctrl+I to insert italic tags, but that doesn't work in quick-reply.

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 07:46:37 PM »
Is it possible to make keyboard shortcuts work in the Quick Reply box?   For example, in the full reply, you can ctrl+I to insert italic tags, but that doesn't work in quick-reply.

I implemented a very small version of the full editor into the quick reply box so now shortcuts should work!

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 01:35:16 AM »
Thanks for the quick updates :)

I noticed when viewing someone's posts that the "view posts" could use some fixing - the posts extend past the bottom of the yellow background, and they don't align properly past that (the reply/quote/notify buttons are all over the place, quotes are aligned oddly,  and part of the forum footer is mixed in with the posts rather than being on the bottom of the page [the part with the theme and the "in memory"]).

Offline altias

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 01:36:38 AM »

I noticed when viewing someone's posts that the "view posts" could use some fixing - the posts extend past the bottom of the yellow background, and they don't align properly past that (the reply/quote/notify buttons are all over the place, quotes are aligned oddly,  and part of the forum footer is mixed in with the posts rather than being on the bottom of the page [the part with the theme and the "in memory"]).

Oh, this was happening with mine as well! I think Darkstar looked at 'em and said it was just mine, but I dunno what's up.
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline Dawnwing

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 02:23:47 AM »

Oh, this was happening with mine as well! I think Darkstar looked at 'em and said it was just mine, but I dunno what's up.

Well, I don't think it's just yours; I'm seeing it on everyone's.

Another suggestion: Some way to divide the global announcements, stickies, and regular posts better, perhaps, because it's kind of hard to see where the globals/stickies end and the regular posts begin, at a quick glance?  I like how some are red but I think that would suit the global ones better and maybe have stickies be more orange, or something.  Or maybe a dividing line somewhere.

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 02:51:49 AM »
The odd thing about the messed up recent posts is that it doesn't happen on everyone's profile, so I'm not entirely sure how to target the problem and fix it.

Also, the CSS that's supposed to make the global topics stand out is... not working. I'll keep trying though.

Offline Teezy

• Official Jolyne Fangirl
  • Elder
  • 724 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Teezy
  • "i want to see the starlight"
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 11:27:32 AM »
Would it be possible to implement a board in Random Babble for people to post their non-Warriors artwork in? We have one for writing, but none for pretty pictures RIP

Offline Sunneth

• a wet RiverClan cat
  • Leader
  • 4987 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sunneth
  • is not prone to divide by zero
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • hyperresonate@tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 12:57:38 PM »
The global announcements/stickies seem pretty clear on the Catscratch skin, if that helps at all?
(Also I don't see an issue with the recent posts on here, either...)