August 17, 2017, 10:35:57 AM

Author Topic: Moth Flight's Vision [spoilers ahead]  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 217 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
  • Mood: Tired
Moth Flight's Vision [spoilers ahead]
« on: November 07, 2015, 03:02:04 PM »
So, now that the new SE's out, what are your thoughts on it?

This was perhaps a bore to read, to be frank. Micah X Moth seems so forced, I would've taken Spotted and Moth  - AND GOD, I HATE BOTH! The fact that she had kits at roughly 9-10 moons makes it even creepier...* but that's just my onion.

(click to show/hide)

This also just adds more to my Clear Sky hate fuel. I don't care if it was written before POS, the Erins should know where their plotlines are going. Clear Sky is still arrogant and thinks he's always right, and is indirectly the cause of the  deaths of his medicine cat and his own son.

I also can't blame Willow Tail, to be honest. For the longest time she thought her brother and Beech, her good friend [iheadcanonthemasgfsthooops] were killed by Red Claw, and wanted to get revenge. And then she only learns the truth as she's dying, blinded by Clear Sky. How saddening.

Wind's parenting skills aggravate me to no end, and I could go on about why I hate her even after the chapter 13 or so.

What I did appreciate was, from the top of my head:
-I ship Blue Whisker and Shivering Rose now, sorry
-Hazel Burrow is always a plus
-Acorn Fur getting a major role
-Sun Shadow's def qpp relationship w/ moth Flight, just my onion
-Branch's reappearance

So ye, that's just MY thoughts? What did you guys think of the SE?
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline MarcoPolo

• walk on the wild side
  • Warrior
  • 256 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MarcoPolo
  • fire alone can save our clan
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: Blorpself
  • Mood: Devious
Re: Moth Flight's Vision [spoilers ahead]
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 01:51:37 PM »
I haven't read it yet  :kiss:
THANK YOU FOR THE ART @ALTIES

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 06:12:34 PM »
I actually didn't mind Micah and Moth as a pairing so much, but, yeah it was kinda way too obvious. And why did it have to be another one of those ~tragic~ loves where one of them dies? Has that not been done enough times? FFFFF...

I don't know Willow Tail's backstory/what she waned revenge for (I mean I could gather what happened from what she said). Her plot line reminds me a bit of Tallstar's Revenge only Tallstar didn't take it as far. I was actually pretty surprised that she died? Like it kinda just seemed like she was blinded but then all of a sudden NOPE DEAD

I enjoyed learning where the nine lives came from. It was fun to see each of the leader ceremonies though Moth's eyes and figure out who we were seeing get their nine lives. It made me wonder more in depth about how StarClan works, and I kinda think this shows that they exist outside of time in a way, and can see things in the future and in the past. They're still not very consistently written though tbh and probably never will be. O well.

My favorite character in the whole thing was probably Acorn Fur who was both a cutie and a sweetheart.

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17161 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 10:20:37 AM »
This was perhaps a bore to read, to be frank. Micah X Moth seems so forced, I would've taken Spotted and Moth  - AND GOD, I HATE BOTH! The fact that she had kits at roughly 9-10 moons makes it even creepier...* but that's just my onion.

(click to show/hide)
@Ivypool are you serious? She was that young????? I mean, she did seem really young...but...
Okay, that's just really gross and icky. Now I have even less of a reason to like this ship.

Yes, please and thank you.

I will also post more later, as I am being dragged outside. I have so much to say about this book.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 217 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 04:12:14 PM »

(click to show/hide)
@Ivypool are you serious? She was that young????? I mean, she did seem really young...but...
Okay, that's just really gross and icky. Now I have even less of a reason to like this ship.

Yes, please and thank you.

I will also post more later, as I am being dragged outside. I have so much to say about this book.

Skye I was outright MORTIFIED when I saw the part when it said the kits were 6 moons old, Gray Wing's and Slate's. I'm dead serious.

Also I kiiind of got that one from you OOPS but honestly I like it and it totes makes sense in story

Offline Barkfoot

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 12:18:05 PM »
I agree that Moth Flight and Micah's relationship was forced. It was also rushed. They knew each other for what, a moon before he died? And the way they tried to make his death sadder by revealing that HE HAD JUST ASKED HER TO BE HIS MEAT BOO HOO. Ugh, just, why?? Why tell us that right after he dies instead of letting us see it when it happens? It feels so cheap.

This book was somewhat similar to Yellowfang's secret in that they both were really severely constrained by canon. We knew this book had to end with medicine cats, their code, and the nine lives system all established, so it was kinda predictable.

Also, Moth Flight giving up her kits. What the hell. WHAT THE HELL. She not only gives them up for a totally contrived reason, she completely separates them? And nobody has anything to say about it? Not to mention we have no idea what the significance of Moth Flight's bloodline being in all five clans is.

Did anyone else notice that they just suddenly started throwing around the word 'apprentice'? By the end of the book, they seemed to have formed a rudimentary form of the apprenticeship system, but it was never introduced, they just acted like things has always been this way.

Overall I thought the book was solid, but not amazing

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 09:19:00 PM »
Also, Moth Flight giving up her kits. What the hell. WHAT THE HELL. She not only gives them up for a totally contrived reason, she completely separates them? And nobody has anything to say about it? Not to mention we have no idea what the significance of Moth Flight's bloodline being in all five clans is.

yeah seriously, where did this even come from? I do not at all get the significance of them spreading to different clans. Was this like, supposed to be some way to like help bring peace between clans? I can't believe that actually happened and no other cat had a problem with it or even seemed to think it was strange.

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Wolfie

• Wolfstorm
  • Warrior
  • 304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Wolfie
  • I never know what I'm doing
    • 🍂 LEAVES! LEAVES! LEAVES!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 02:39:59 AM »
mfw I read it as so many times as Mothwing's vision that I thought they made a serious mistake on the cover when I saw it online.

It's a shame that there is so many character's in this series that they have to double up on the prefixes

Thank you SS!
Felt my signature is too large and too lazy to resize at the moment
(click to show/hide)
Thank you for the grab-bag gift Dustfeather!
(click to show/hide)

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 02:31:10 PM »
mfw I read it as so many times as Mothwing's vision that I thought they made a serious mistake on the cover when I saw it online.

It's a shame that there is so many character's in this series that they have to double up on the prefixes

I did the exact same thing. I even typo'd it as Mothwing's Vision when I got the book. Then I immediately facepalmed.

Multiple characters with same prefixes isn't that much of a big deal to me. Heck, there are characters in the series that have the same prefix AND suffix combinations (looking at you, ShadowClan Ashfur and ThunderClan Ashfur) Names are bound to repeat eventually though, given enough time passes. There are really only so many prefixes and suffixes to work with ;P

~Happy Halloween~

Offline So Many Fandoms

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 09:11:29 PM »
Haven't read it, but I've already been spoiled on it a bit. Which one of Clear Sky's sons died?
working on it

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 217 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 05:20:06 AM »
Haven't read it, but I've already been spoiled on it a bit. Which one of Clear Sky's sons died?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17161 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 11:04:31 AM »
This is so long and only focuses on a few things. I apologize.

(click to show/hide)

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 07:52:19 PM »

(click to show/hide)
This is not to say I think Moth Flight and Micah are totally free of blame, and I definitely don't think it was Skystar's fault that Micah died. But the fact that he was denying them the medicine to save a cat's life does make him a little bit of a jackass. I don't blame Micah for giving it a shot, after all medicine cats are supposed to put other cats lives above cross clan feuds. Sure Skystar had the right to deny them, but it wasn't a very nice thing of him to do and lowered my opinion of him for sure.

Freaking Windstar was just as bad. She was awful to her child. To the point I would even call her early interactions with Moth somewhat abusive. Then Moth comes back and as you said it's just casually swept under the rug. She doesn't apologize. And then she starts a feud with SkyClan based on what ONE of her warriors said, and no one questions that either? So frustrating.

~Happy Halloween~

Offline Ariel

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2015, 11:30:13 PM »
As per usual, I'm late to the party. However, I just finished reading the book and felt like talking about it.

I don't know why, but I apparently like couples that everyone else seems to hate. I actually rather liked MothxMicah. I will say that they were rushed as heck though. One moment they just met and the next they're mates and Moth is pregnant? What? Also, saw him dying from a mile away. I was hoping he would have left Moth to focus on his duties as SkyClan medcat; I mean it sucks that it's yet another sad relationship but it was obviously not going to work out. Not to mention he died pretty quick in the book. I thought that he would have made it further than that.

What happened to Clear Sky? I saw from one of you guys above that this was written before PoS, but there really should have been some sort of collaboration or notes or something on this. I couldn't stand him until PoS when it seemed he had finally learned his lesson and was starting to not be such a jerkwad. In fact, I was starting to like him. That got thrown out of the window. Apparently in that moon before the book started he threw everything he learned away and went right back at it. Seriously have no idea how his cats stand him sometimes.

Wind Runner isn't much better. In fact, she got worse as well. She's always been a bit prickly, but she obviously also really cared about her family: that's part of why she left the original group. However, her treatment of Moth Flight... eesh! I get being irritated and snapping at her, sure fine (though not to that extent). But was there ever really an apology? Or was all only okay because she was special. I hate that btw. I hate when someone is only forgiven or things are alright because someone had to prove their worth or they were special.

I wish Willow Tail had lived. It's like someone else said: she was blinded but seemed fine and then dead. I think it could have been an interesting plot line to have Wind Runner have someone that not only lied to her and her clanmates, but also risked their lives just so she could get revenge. Maybe Wind Runner could have actually learned some true forgiveness then.

Also... why the heck is everyone alright with Moth Flight not only giving away her kits, but her splitting them up? I mean, yeah sure, everything turned out great and prophecy and yadda yadda yadda but what the heck? Splitting them up?

And I really just don't understand the Clan camps at all. I never pictured ThunderClan's original camp being in a ravine. I just don't remember it being described that way in the first series. Not to mention the size changing territories. Sometimes it felt like it took almost an entire day to get there while another it only seemed to take a few hours. I know some it may be due to them cutting down on writing it all out, but I swear sometimes it seems to be more of it fitting the current narrative.

River Ripple is still awesome. I also enjoyed Pebble Heart and Red Claw.

Offline PinkheartII

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 02:55:42 AM »

yeah seriously, where did this even come from? I do not at all get the significance of them spreading to different clans. Was this like, supposed to be some way to like help bring peace between clans? I can't believe that actually happened and no other cat had a problem with it or even seemed to think it was strange.
You have to keep in mind what will happen in the future to understand the whole "Mothflight's kits will bring the clans together" thing. We know from the field guides that Wind Runner is a direct ancestor to Crowfeather, meaning that Mothflight and her kits are also his direct ancestors. One of her kits or her kit's descendants must have moved back to WindClan at some point for that to happen. Crowfeather then fathers Jayfeather and Lionblaze, two of the three cats that saved all the Clans from the Dark Forest, and in the aftermath of that battle, the Clans passed a law to always work together in time of grave strife, therefore uniting them once more. That couldn't have happened without Mothflight's kits and their bloodline. But I do agree, it is a failure of the book in which it assumes that the readers have read all the previous editions and should already know this

And wait... Micah and Moth Flight... forced? They were one of the most developed couples in recent Warriors history. Lionblaze and Cinderheart were fantasizing about kits after three days. Thunder and Violet decided they were meant to be forever two weeks after Violet's first mates death, and within days of meeting each other. And you're telling me that Micah and Moth Flight was rushed? At least they were friends for a few moons before falling for one another! No! No! I just.. don't understand! It doesn't make sense! I have to stop before I type something I'll regret. I am just... I am starting to question humanity again.
I think I might be done with fanbases for awhile.