June 27, 2017, 02:01:45 AM

Author Topic: Dovewing or Ivypool?  (Read 432 times)

Offline Kaminari

Dovewing or Ivypool?
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:54:29 AM »
I see a lot of people arguing that Ivy should have been the cat who was the last of the three, but I feel that it might have ruined a lot of plots in the last arc (like Ivy being the one to go to the dark forest, I doubt that Lionblaze or Jayfeather would actually risk that). So who do you think should have been part of the three ++ would you rather Hollyleaf had a power and Dovewing didn't?

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: Dovewing or Ivypool?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 11:18:42 AM »
No, I like it the way it was. Even though Dove was the one with powers, Ivy was just as important because she acted as a spy in the Dark Forest. I would have been OK with Holly having powers instead but that honestly doesn't bother me as much as it bothers some people. I just find it a bit strange..

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Ariel

Re: Dovewing or Ivypool?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 05:58:31 PM »
I actually prefer things the way they turned out. Ivypool has become one of my all time favorite characters. She risked and sacrificed a lot to help her clan and the others by becoming a spy and managing to fool the cats in there. I think the powers were more suited to Dovewing.

Who knows what things would have been like if their roles were reversed? I don't think Dovewing would have been able to pull off being a spy. I think once she found out she would have either found a way to stop going there or would have been found out in short order. Ivypool, I can kinda see the powers making her a little 'overconfident'. I'm almost positive she also would have used them to spy on the other clans as well which Dovewing refused.

As for Hollyleaf, a part of me wishes that she did have powers, but at the same token I did like her redemption 'arc' (not really sure it counts as a true arc since it wasn't really in the books and that short story I think left a bit out... I think (I can't really remember it all to well at this point)).