September 21, 2017, 12:34:19 PM

Author Topic: Abandoned Ships  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Wolfie

• Wolfstorm
  • Warrior
  • 304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Wolfie
  • I never know what I'm doing
    • 🍂 LEAVES! LEAVES! LEAVES!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
Abandoned Ships
« on: November 24, 2015, 05:52:54 PM »
Is there any ships that you used to love but now don't? This could be either found out they were related, found a different ship that better etc.

For me, a long time ago I shipped Mousefur x Runningwind. I noticed that they were together a lot, and was wondering why no one else seemed to ship them. They weren't over the top obvious, but they seemed to have chemistry to me, and I wasn't the type to ship everyone x everyone. Then eventually I found out they were brother and sister, and I then I was pretty much: ABORT MISSION  D:

I can't remember if I shipped Whitestorm and Bluestar it would have been the same problem I'm not too into the obvious incest shippings, my line for warriors is if they are first generation related, or if they themselves acknowledge it imo.

At the beginning I also shipped Dustpelt/Sandstorm, but eventually the plot got in the way for that.

I was not a fan of Bramblestar/Squirrelflight, so at first I welcomed Ashfur/Squirrelflight with open arms. To me, it seemed better than the alternative. Then Ashfur went downhill from there and decided maybe it's not the best idea after all. I think this is about the time when he actually threatened Squirrelflight's adopted kits. Like wtf man. Rejection hurts, but gdi Ashfur, was that really necessary?

So what's yours?

Thank you SS!
Felt my signature is too large and too lazy to resize at the moment
(click to show/hide)
Thank you for the grab-bag gift Dustfeather!
(click to show/hide)

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50770 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
Re: Abandoned Ships
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 08:09:16 PM »
Crowpaw x Feathertail and subsequently Crowfeather x Leafpool

I thought forbidden romances were the coolest until I realized that it's actually a really dumb practice

Offline Barkfoot

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 01:37:33 PM »
I really supported Bluestar and Oakheart until I read Bluestar's prophecy. That book pretty much killed it by revealing that they barely even had a relationship, they just had some belligerent sexual tension and a one night stand.

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17161 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 04:06:46 PM »
I really supported Bluestar and Oakheart until I read Bluestar's prophecy. That book pretty much killed it by revealing that they barely even had a relationship, they just had some belligerent sexual tension and a one night stand.
This is my reaction to a lot of the popular shippings in Warriors, honestly. So many of the popular ships are these... one-night-stands that result in kits and are hardly touched upon afterwards. Bluestar and Oakheart, Crowfeather and Leafpool, Dovewing and Tigerheart, ect.. they're all just flings that got so popular, but they really aren't much more than some built up tension.. and I wouldn't be surprised if Dovewing and Tigerheart produces kits as well.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Owlfrost

• Kit
  • 120 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Owlfrost
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • StrawberryTiki
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her (or) They/Them
  • Mood: Optimistic
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 09:30:35 AM »
Oh, man. I think I was guilty of Bluestar/Whitestorm for a while. Oops.

Offline Spellmaster

• Strong Black-Furred Loner Who Don't Need No Clan
  • Elder
  • 132 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Spellmaster
  • alike unfit to sink or soar
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
    • View Profile
    • ruination-fangs @ tumblr
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »
I don't have a lot of abandoned ships because I don't have many warriors ships to begin with, but there were some pairings in the early books of DotC that I was maybe kind of rooting for that eventually got wrecked ;(

(click to show/hide)

Offline tiresias felis

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 01:46:13 PM »
I think I used to ship Bluestar and Tigerclaw/star until the special edition came out and revealed that age difference..and I definitely shipped Firestar and Spottedleaf for the longest time.

This is my reaction to a lot of the popular shippings in Warriors, honestly. So many of the popular ships are these... one-night-stands that result in kits and are hardly touched upon afterwards. Bluestar and Oakheart, Crowfeather and Leafpool, Dovewing and Tigerheart, ect.. they're all just flings that got so popular, but they really aren't much more than some built up tension.. and I wouldn't be surprised if Dovewing and Tigerheart produces kits as well.

hmm...I think that the fandom collectively gravitated towards those ships since they were very angst-ridden, punctuated with strong (if brief) emotions, and left a lot of room for exploration in fanfics and the like. It also probably speaks to the main age group that the books attract - it's much easier for younger teens to relate to themes like this over themes that come up in long-term relationships.

Offline amberstripe

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 09:04:16 AM »
When I was younger, BlackstarxRussetfur was my OTP, and now I don't feel much about it. Like, I can still ship it? It just doesn't compel me the way it did before.. guess my taste has changed
#Save lightFlight 2k15

Offline Wavestripe

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 10:07:21 PM »
Honestly Bluestar/Oakheart train is something I'm on as well. I love them still but after reading Bluestar's book I am very very behind Crookedstar and Bluestar. Idk they just had such an amazing friendship and seemed to care about each other a ton? That might be borderline crack ship for me though lol, I just feel like they would have had a lot more of actual chemistry since they both had to give up a lot to get to leadership and also they both had a lot of influence from the afterlife. While Oak/Blue felt a little forced.

Offline Darkstar

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 10:15:07 PM »
I had a hard time remembering what I used to ship but I recall Graystripe/Fireheart and Graystripe/Silverstream being favorites that I'm no longer a fan of -- I'm not even quite sure why, but it may be because Graystripe turned out to be a rather boring character to me after a while..

thanks to altias for the pixel

Offline hamburr

• Certified Hamiltrash and Captain of Femslash
  • Kit
  • 510 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To hamburr
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/Them
  • Mood: Cynical
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 05:10:56 PM »
Not sure if this counts as necro, I'm so sorry if so-

For some reason when I was younger I shipped Whitewing and Jayfeather? Now I'm kind of creeped out by that pairing, lol...

Offline Darkforestwarrior

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 09:53:22 PM »
If a thread's on the first page of a board I'd say it doesn't count as necro even if the topic's pretty old personally. ^_^ (also welcome to the forums omg--)

Crack ships are pretty common in the warriors fandom tbh, finding non-problematic ships is night on impossible. I know I used to ship stuff but I can't even remember what pairs anymore, I just kinda sorta don't ship anything anymore?

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Lilacblossom

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 11:44:44 PM »
Why are Cinderheart/Lionblaze called Rewindshipping?  It's a cool name, I'm just curious about its origins.

And is there a ship name for Leafstar/Billystorm?