June 29, 2017, 07:34:18 AM

Author Topic: Who do YOU think are ____'s parents?  (Read 861 times)

Offline Squirrelypaws

Who do YOU think are ____'s parents?
« on: June 27, 2015, 12:04:51 PM »
I thought it'd be fun to discuss who we think are the parents of our favorite characters who didn't have their parentage confirmed in the books. Even if Vicky's mentioned parentage for someone (such as Willowpelt and Patchpelt being Graystripe's parents), feel free to post your own ideas.

Here are some of my ideas:

Deadfoot is  Crowfeather's father.
Deadfoot seemed to take the other StarClan cats' questioning of his choice for the Sundrown journey quite personally, which I can't see him doing if Crowpaw was nothing more to him than a candidate for the journey. Deadfoot is also rather similar in color to Crowfeather, and their personalities have some similarities.

This theory is commonly argued against by saying Deadfoot died before Ashfoot was even pregnant with Crowfeather, and while I agree that it does appear that way in the novels, I think it's worth noting that one of the Ravenpaw manga books shows Deadfoot participating in a search patrol for none other than Crowkit.

If what's depicted in the manga is correct, it's entirely plausible that Deadfoot fathered Crowfeather.

Lionheart fathered Frostfur's kits.
I believe Vicky has said something to the effect of "according to my notes, Lionheart never fathered any kits", but still, I think this theory makes a lot of sense. Three of the four kits (Brightheart, Thornclaw, and Brackenfur) have similar coloring to Lionheart, and it could be said that they have a lot of his qualities as well.

Actually, scratch that; after reading a comment on Vicky's Facebook where, when asked who fathered Frostfur's kits, she replied with "Whitestorm would make sense, but don't quote me", I've changed my "vote".

WHITESTORM fathered Frostfur's kits.
Personally, I think Whitestorm DOES make sense as the father of Cinderpelt, Brightheart, Thornclaw, and Brackenfur. Actually, all things considered, I think he makes more sense than Lionheart. Unless I'm forgetting something, with Lionheart fathering Frostfur's litter, Cinderpelt was left pretty much an oddball, whereas with Whitestorm as the father all four kits' colorings are explained.

Brightheart, Thornclaw, and Brackenfur's golden/ginger fur could have come from Whitestorm's paternal grandmother, Poppydawn; she was described as "dark red", which is basically a darker version of their golden/ginger. And Cinderpelt's gray could have come from Whitestorm's mother's family; his grandparents on that side were both gray, as was his aunt.

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 213 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
  • Mood: Tired
Re: Who do YOU think are ____'s parents?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 02:41:16 PM »
Sharp Hail's the father of Grey Wing and co. He just found his relationship with Quiet Rain to not exactly... work out, and left her for some other cat - Dewy Leaf, it turned out to be.
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Jilda

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 03:00:28 AM »
I always thought Lionheart was the father of Frostfur's kits. Regardless though Whitestorm can't be the father either; at least I'd hope not, as that'd mean Sorreltail and Brakenfur were siblings and we have another Patchpelt/Willowpelt on our hands.

thank you ss !! <3

Offline altias

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 03:07:59 AM »
I'm a big supporter of trans Redtail, so I like to think that Redtail and Brindleface had help to have Sandstorm. If I had to guess... maybe Lionheart? The golden fur and the tabby stuff would make sense, I think. Maybe I'm grasping at straws?
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17149 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 06:49:10 AM »
I always thought Lionheart was the father of Frostfur's kits. Regardless though Whitestorm can't be the father either; at least I'd hope not, as that'd mean Sorreltail and Brakenfur were siblings and we have another Patchpelt/Willowpelt on our hands.
I think the Patchpelt/Willowpelt thing came about before we found out they were related...which honestly, I think almost every cat in ThunderClan is related in one way or another. Not by "matehood" or anything, because saying that Firestar is related to, say, Redtail, because Firestar mated with Sandstorm, doesn't make sense.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Jilda

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 08:42:13 AM »
I think the Patchpelt/Willowpelt thing came about before we found out they were related...which honestly, I think almost every cat in ThunderClan is related in one way or another. Not by "matehood" or anything, because saying that Firestar is related to, say, Redtail, because Firestar mated with Sandstorm, doesn't make sense.
I thought it was after, as if you check the facebook posts when Vicky confused Patchpelt and Willowpelt were the parents people were telling her it was gross and Vicky was sorta just like "whoops lolol" but didn't change it.

Everyone pretty much is related at this point when it comes down to blood though. It's bound to happen with Clans who for the most part refuse to mate with cats outside of their respective Clans, and with the huge family trees that now exist. Though imo it would be preferable if cats becoming mates weren't directly brother/sister, idk.

But if speaking in terms like that, like Firestar is Redtail's "son in law", then yeah, everyone is pretty much 100% related lmao

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Squirrelypaws

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 11:19:19 AM »

True. But then again, that doesn't matter with cats the way it does with people. I've had cats all my life, and have raised countless litters of kittens that I'd guarantee you were the product of very close inbreeding. None of the kittens had any health issues or deformities as a result.

Offline Jilda

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 09:29:51 PM »

True. But then again, that doesn't matter with cats the way it does with people. I've had cats all my life, and have raised countless litters of kittens that I'd guarantee you were the product of very close inbreeding. None of the kittens had any health issues or deformities as a result.
So cats could mate with their siblings and no defects would come about? I know closely related cats can, but I never thought it could get as close as siblings, idk.

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17149 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 02:49:57 AM »

So cats could mate with their siblings and no defects would come about? I know closely related cats can, but I never thought it could get as close as siblings, idk.
I've read before that some animals just go with whatever one has the chance of giving them the best offspring, but I don't think there's any real validity to that statement. I could understand if they were humans, because there's much more of a risk, but I'm not sure if the same thing applies to cats...

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline Squirrelypaws

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 11:39:26 AM »

Pretty much, yeah.

It just doesn't register to a cat that they're mating with their mom/dad/brother/sister; all they see is a cat of the opposite sex that's "eligible" to breed. Some of the litters I mentioned in my earlier post were the result of full brother/sister pairings and all were totally fine. Just maybe not the brightest stars in StarClan.  :wink:

Offline Jilda

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 04:33:02 PM »

Pretty much, yeah.

It just doesn't register to a cat that they're mating with their mom/dad/brother/sister; all they see is a cat of the opposite sex that's "eligible" to breed. Some of the litters I mentioned in my earlier post were the result of full brother/sister pairings and all were totally fine. Just maybe not the brightest stars in StarClan.  :wink:
Hm, never knew that. :0 There are reasons to why I'm not a cat expert haha.

Hm then Whitestorm being the father actually does seem more plausible to me... though I still clutch to Lionheart cause I loved him and would love if he had had a legacy continue on, even though the only legacy that's ever important in this series being Firestar's. sigh

thank you ss !! <3