October 22, 2017, 12:31:31 PM

Author Topic: ravenpaw's farewell discusison thread [spoilers about]  (Read 773 times)

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 217 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
  • Mood: Tired
ravenpaw's farewell discusison thread [spoilers about]
« on: February 01, 2016, 06:24:16 PM »
i haven't actually read it myself other than looking at pasha's appearances. he makes me laugh so it's hard, for me, to take him seriously as an antag

so, well, here's the thread? what do you think of The One Where Ravenpaw Dies?
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Ariel

Re: ravenpaw's farewell discusison thread [spoilers about]
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 07:31:41 PM »
I just finished reading this.

First things first, this was a little on the short side. I mean, I know it's a novella, but I still wish it was at least a bit longer (not necessarily a full book and certainly not a SE, but still... maybe an extra 20-30 pages). It was really just one event hopping to the next. Everything was so quick to change.

Ravenpaw and Barley are cute once Barley stops being a mister grumpy gills.

Riley and Bella are cute, but I wish we could have gotten a bit more into their dynamic and gotten some more insight into their characters.

Did I mention things happening too fast? Leafstar was so quick to listen and accept Ravenpaw's plan. Also, how does a Clan that outnumbers and outpowers their enemy have a hard time figuring this out? It's like when ShadowClan had that issue with the two kittypets. I mean, come on.

The kittypets are obviously not really much of an enemy. Once they got a few scratches they were off. The fight was over just as soon as it begun. They very clearly weren't there to fight; just wanted to cause a little mischief and mayhem; a bunch of bullies really.

Ravenpaw obviously had some sort of stomach issue; I don't know what it was exactly that caused it (cancer?), but it's what brought him down - though that kick seemed to be the final blow. Also wish that they had just given him his name, but I guess he's just had it for so long now it didn't matter to him.

Overall, I guess it was fine. Nothing special.

Offline Ivypool

• Warrior
  • 217 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ivypool
  • The Meme Queen
    • 🍬 I'm just in it for the candy!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 05:41:32 PM »
The kittypets are obviously not really much of an enemy. Once they got a few scratches they were off. The fight was over just as soon as it begun. They very clearly weren't there to fight; just wanted to cause a little mischief and mayhem; a bunch of bullies really.

this is why they're hilarious to me. they don't even intend to hurt anyone, they just like to mess around. already better antagonists than tigerstar
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Lightning

• lucky gods
  • StarClanner
  • 17163 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
    • 🌕 I'm the moon!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 10:09:31 AM »

this is why they're hilarious to me. they don't even intend to hurt anyone, they just like to mess around. already better antagonists than tigerstar
Honestly. They're trolling SkyClan, and all they needed was a few scratches to send them running back home.

I think Madric and his group of kittypets gave Ravenpaw and Barley more issues than the ones tormenting SkyClan...

tbh, I have a very positive view on Ravenpaw's Farewell, but I do agree with Ariel in the fact that it was much too short. This book would have very much made a lovely super edition, and it could have opened up the chance for even more character development. I'm really hoping we see Bellapaw and Rileypaw again, because those two are good, young, and happy characters that I'd love to see do well in the future. They fit in so quickly and were acting like Clan cats so well... and I can only hope that they don't throw those two to waste.

Firefern is another character I like- she's a no-nonsense she-cat and I honestly think we need more of those kinds of characters, instead of those more concerned with getting a mate and having kits. I also really like Hawkpaw and Cloudpaw (she's a glorious little she-cat with tons of sass), even if we only saw them once or twice.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.