April 24, 2017, 06:14:24 AM

Author Topic: I can't remember why I love Warriors  (Read 476 times)

Offline PinkheartII

I can't remember why I love Warriors
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:24:53 PM »
I love Warriors, I hold it dear to me and almost all of it's characters to my heart. But lately, when I ask myself, "what did I learn from Warriors? What about it changed my life? What was so magical about it in the first place?" I can't remember. I don't remember why. I feel so empty when I realized this. Any of you reading this, please share how Warriors changed you're life and what about it made you a fan all these years, I need to remember.

Offline Darkforestwarrior

Re: I can't remember why I love Warriors
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 07:02:57 AM »
Well when I found it, it was the only cat fantasy series I knew of. And since cats and fantasy were my favorite things it only made sense that I read it. I remember that very first book. I wasn't reading it with a critical eye which is something I did much later on, it was just so different and it had all this lore and it had systems aka clans. It was a well built world.

So honestly anyone can say what they want about the direction the books have gone for better or worse, but what I fell in love with was this original idea of clans of cats living together, fighting for survival every day, with just a touch of magic.

Grab Bag gift from Splashy!
~Happy Halloween~

Offline Spellmaster

• Strong Black-Furred Loner Who Don't Need No Clan
  • Elder
  • 114 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Spellmaster
  • alike unfit to sink or soar
    • 👻 I'm a ghost!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • ruination-fangs @ tumblr
    • Awards
  • Mood: Nerdy
Re: I can't remember why I love Warriors
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 10:51:57 PM »
kind of like dfw said, for me warriors has always been one of those things where I like the concept more than the story itself? I don't dislike the story, even when the writing isn't particularly great, but I think a lot of the appeal is in exploring the clan system and the ranks and rules and everything, either within canon or outside of it. it's general enough that you can apply the basic idea to other sets of characters, so if fans get tired of the official works they still may be interested in creating warriors-style characters, or fan clans, or things like that, and I think that's part of what gives it such staying power

I actually first read warriors as a teenager because of Ww, because I was interested in the site but felt I should acquaint myself with the series before joining... so I don't really have the childhood attachment that a lot of people have, and I honestly don't know if I'd care about warriors if I wasn't in a community centered around it, but that might apply to other people too?? the fact that it's something we can all talk about together is one incentive to keep reading or to reread

plus I think we all just like animal books xP I don't think I could say that it's changed my life or that I learned anything in particular from it, but between the worldbuilding and the possibilities it creates for fanworks and stuff, it's still enjoyable enough for me to pick most of it up