July 18, 2018, 05:10:29 PM

Author Topic: Card for Vicky  (Read 150 times)

Offline Dustfeather

• (not a feather duster)
  • ShadowClan
  • 46918 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dustfeather
  • ♫ I fought urlawn and urlawn won~ ♫
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ShadowClan!
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • Vague as the Shadow
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
Card for Vicky
« on: October 24, 2017, 04:23:38 PM »
As many of you will have seen, Vicky Holmes made the following post on her Facebook today:

Quote from: Vicky Holmes:1/3 of the Erin Hunters!
Hello my lovelies

As you may have noticed, I've been quiet for a while. Not that I don't keep an eye on you, loving your passion and insane Warriors knowledge as always. I'm going to be quiet for a little longer, but I'm popping up to let you know why.

Darling Clanmates, I have been diagnosed with cancer. I had lots of surgery in August, and now I am beginning six months of chemotherapy. This will hopefully lead to a complete recovery, hooray! So please don't worry about me. I'm feeling calm and strong, and as always, there are moments of fabulous humour.

When I learned I'd have to have chemotherapy, I went out and had all my hair cut off, in readiness for losing it and being bald for the winter. Only then did I find out that the chemotherapy I'm having doesn't make your hair fall out... But check out my new short hair! I love it, and might keep it like this forever.

I feel very tired, and the chemo drugs make me hideously sick, but I'm not in pain. I'm counting the days until I can ride my crazy horse again, and meanwhile I'm watching the leaves change colour outside my window, and revelling in the beauty of Autumn.

All is well. StarClan lights my path, always.

All my love
Vicky xxx

She could do with our support right now, so I thought it might be a nice gesture if we all hand-wrote encouraging messages for Vicky, scanned them in, and put them together into a sort of online card to send to her on behalf of Warrior's Wish. If anyone wants to include a little drawing of a warrior cat with their message as well that would be much appreciated! :)

If you want to include a message but don't want it to be handwritten or don't have access to a scanner, let me know and I'll include it in some sort of pretty font for you.

I've also made this drawing to go at the top of the card:

(Thought it'd be appropriate to go with a theme of healing, so the three cats are Spottedleaf, Yellowfang, and Leafpool; and the plants are sage and cowslip, which both represent healing in the language of flowers)

Thank you, Wolfie!

Offline Meadowbreeze

Re: Card for Vicky
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 06:41:45 PM »
Oh no! That's so sad. But the card is a great idea, I'll try to make a drawing to put in it!

Thanks for the avatar ss!
Thanks for the sig other ss!

May you find a shiny Glaceon in your travels.

Offline Dustfeather

• (not a feather duster)
  • ShadowClan
  • 46918 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dustfeather
  • ♫ I fought urlawn and urlawn won~ ♫
  • awards This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ShadowClan!
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • Vague as the Shadow
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/her
  • Mood: Sleepy
Re: Card for Vicky
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 11:01:02 AM »
I'll be sending this to Vicky on Friday (3rd November), so if anyone wants to leave messages/drawings, please do so before then ^_^

Thank you, Wolfie!