October 23, 2018, 12:49:42 AM

Author Topic: Favorite arc?  (Read 1952 times)

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
  • awards This mini-feather is presented to those who have or have had a character with a high rank! This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ThunderClan!
  • Referrals: 61
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/Them
  • Mood: Fruity
Re: Favorite arc?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2015, 11:25:58 PM »
Dawn of the Clans might be my favorite Arc if only because Vicky's not involved at all, so the quality is above average. Then comes the first arc for the many reasons people have said, even if I've only read half of the books in that Arc.
Vicky isn't the reason the arc quality is bad;;;;; Why does everyone have that mentality? Honestly, the novellas are really good and she's the one who wrote them. The Ultimate Guide was pretty good too, and I think she wrote that as well? Vicky also writes the graphic novel plots, and those are phenomenal. I wish people would stop mandarining on this women because the plot doesn't go how someone wants it to.

P sure Tui also worked on the Guides? But not 100% certain.

Aside from a few things, I think Vicky is okay, tbh. (tui is golden tho 10/10 fav)
Tui only worked on Secrets of the Clans! Everything else is written by Kate, Vicky, or Cherith!

Oh, I never knew that! O: Thank you for telling me, ya learn something new every day.
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 02:40:13 PM »
Super basic, but I will also be jumping on the Original Arc nostalgia bandwagon.

I don't know exactly why... Maybe just the fact that it was the original? It's what started it all? Those kinds of things always have a special place in my heart.
It may also be because of the characters; I just generally like the original characters more than those that came later (not that I don't like them). I feel like I grew up with them, so they are- and always will be- very special to me.
It could also be that I was reading the first arc during one of the most difficult times in my life, and those six little books really helped me through those times and allowed me to escape my reality for a while.

So, yeah. Original arc for me c:

Offline thunderpetal

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 07:10:05 AM »
the original arc. it had more detail than the other series, and it was just better.

Offline Ivypool

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 06:03:30 PM »
Dawn of the Clans might be my favorite Arc if only because Vicky's not involved at all, so the quality is above average. Then comes the first arc for the many reasons people have said, even if I've only read half of the books in that Arc.
Vicky isn't the reason the arc quality is bad;;;;; Why does everyone have that mentality? Honestly, the novellas are really good and she's the one who wrote them. The Ultimate Guide was pretty good too, and I think she wrote that as well? Vicky also writes the graphic novel plots, and those are phenomenal. I wish people would stop mandarining on this women because the plot doesn't go how someone wants it to.

Okay, but she was the one editing the books -  she pretty much writes out the plotlines people complain about, too. So no, it's not because 'the plot doesn't go how people want to', it's because 'there are legitimate problems with the plotlines are upset people' =P

Honestly, the novellas are hit and miss. Even the generally agreed [from what I've seen] best one, Mapleshade's, is not without its problems. All of them have glaring errors everywhere, and it's clear they're written just to make extra cash - although I guess some of them were due to fan demand, notably Mapleshade's. I can't say anything for the graphic novels, as I haven't read all of them, and the ones I read were just Okay.

TUG was just okay, imo. It did it's job, but of course there are complete messes, imo, like Ashfur's page toward the end, for example. In the end, you shouldn't let your love for the books get in the way of not seeing their flaws, because imo you should be able to still like something and acknowledge the problems it has.

[im sorry i went on a long ramble]
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline Squirrelypaws

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 03:25:49 PM »
I, personally, favor TNP. I can't put my finger on why, exactly, I favor it... but if I'm in a "read a random Warriors book" kind of mood, it's usually a TNP book that I reach for first. 

Offline Lightning

• Nothing's fair in Love and War.
  • StarClanner
  • 17203 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2015, 08:41:58 AM »

Okay, but she was the one editing the books -  she pretty much writes out the plotlines people complain about, too. So no, it's not because 'the plot doesn't go how people want to', it's because 'there are legitimate problems with the plotlines are upset people' =P

Honestly, the novellas are hit and miss. Even the generally agreed [from what I've seen] best one, Mapleshade's, is not without its problems. All of them have glaring errors everywhere, and it's clear they're written just to make extra cash - although I guess some of them were due to fan demand, notably Mapleshade's. I can't say anything for the graphic novels, as I haven't read all of them, and the ones I read were just Okay.

TUG was just okay, imo. It did it's job, but of course there are complete messes, imo, like Ashfur's page toward the end, for example. In the end, you shouldn't let your love for the books get in the way of not seeing their flaws, because imo you should be able to still like something and acknowledge the problems it has.

[im sorry i went on a long ramble]
Just because she was the one editing the books doesn't mean anything. Haven't you noticed that she's not the only one?? Erica does in fact work with Warriors and has been for a very long time. How do we know something that happened is because of Vicky? For all we know, it could be Erica. And all of the hate I've seen is because the damn plot doesn't go how they want it to, or because someone winds up dead that they wanted alive, or someone becomes leader when they shouldn't be leader, ect. These aren't legitimate problems, these are people whining because they didn't get their precious cat as leader or their least favorite cat didn't die or some crap like that.

My love for the books doesn't get in the way of anything, thank you very much. I'm just tired of seeing hate directed at the wrong people based on people thinking Vicky controls everything. She does not. I do in fact acknowledge the problems the series has and I don't need to be told that I'm not just because I'm not blaming one person for the mistakes and bad stereotypes the series has.

Have a problem? Go blame HarperCollins. They have the ultimate say-so, not the editors themselves. They are the reason we can't have LGBTQA+ relationships or characters in the books as well, not the Erins.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline thunderpetal

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 09:20:45 AM »

Speaking of DotC...

Offline Tom

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 10:14:14 AM »
The first arc is my favourite because it's the only one I really liked.
The second was still pretty good but.. ahh the first. Nostalgia.

thanks vegas for the avatar, moss for the blinkie & darksight for the signature

Quote from: Darkstar
i actually happen to love a good fruitcake

Offline Lightning

• Nothing's fair in Love and War.
  • StarClanner
  • 17203 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 02:36:20 PM »

Speaking of DotC...
Sounds about right, tbh. Dawn of the Clans is actually really in-depth and I love it, and it's not just "this cat is evil!!111!!!11!"

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline FandomsAssemble

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 11:43:27 PM »
My favorite is DotC, without a doubt. Like Lightning said, it's more in depth, and I feel like it's a bit more realistic in ways of survival. Cats die often from all different dangers the Clans don't usually face. I also love Gray Wing.

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 05:53:29 PM »

Speaking of DotC...
Sounds about right, tbh. Dawn of the Clans is actually really in-depth and I love it, and it's not just "this cat is evil!!111!!!11!"
I didn't think DotC would be like this???? I'm actually really interested in reading it now... For that reason, plus it takes place in the old forest and it's an origin story which are my fave <3
I'll probably wait until I finish the fourth arc first though, since I've only read the first book of it. And I've forgotten a lot of what's happened so far, so I may need to re-read... It could be a while...

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 06:09:24 PM »
(sneaks back in) i agree on being interested in dotc. i'm gonna start getting them soon, after i finish my tnp reread. i also have some new super editions to read though so i'm gonna have to decide what order i want to read stuff in lol but i am intrigued by the way people talk about it

Offline Scar

• sith lord / vigilante
  • StarClanner
  • 12 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scar
  • casually kicking ass
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 06:10:47 PM »
Ugh that reminds me, I have to catch up on SE's too... It could be a while before I actually get to start reading DotC >.<
But still, I most likely WILL read it. Eventually.

Offline Frostclaw

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2015, 06:35:45 PM »
(sneaks back in) i agree on being interested in dotc. i'm gonna start getting them soon, after i finish my tnp reread. i also have some new super editions to read though so i'm gonna have to decide what order i want to read stuff in lol but i am intrigued by the way people talk about it

DotC is really good. I think it has some of the best character development and motivations, plus some interesting plotlines and themes that don't really come up in any of the other arcs.

One thing it really gets wrong though is the romantic pairings. None of them really develop the way other arcs' did; they just sort of happen. But it's not a huge deal compared to what it gets right.

Offline moss

• StarClanner
  • 890 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moss
  • i would not give up my cabbages for an empire
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them
  • Mood: Satisfied
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2015, 06:48:02 PM »
oh no they develop even less than the other arcs?? well, i will make it through.

i feel like the romance stuff just gets worse every arc... i mean that might not be strictly true but i feel like i have less reason to care about them in each subsequent arc. like when dove/tiger happened in oots i was just like ok honestly why.