February 19, 2018, 07:21:59 PM

Author Topic: Least favourite Warriors book? (Main arc or Super Edition)  (Read 3153 times)

Offline fireheart

Re: Least favourite Warriors book? (Main arc or Super Edition)
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2015, 11:30:21 AM »
I'll admit that I'm very biased towards the sight, but I never even realized that I couldn't recall any of the actual plot until I read these last two posts. I got VERY deeply invested in warriors right before it came out, so I gusss I must have just been excited to be in the community and speculte and watch things happen in real-time.

I haven't read the sight in several years, I'm thinking I should come back to it sometime. There really is a stark contrast between the second and third arc- something seems to have changed in how warriors was written at the time.

I think part of it stems from what's been mentioned a few times already- the powers and whatnot. I think part of what made the third arc so different from the second (and so jarring, for many readers) is that there really wasn't a lot done to ease you into the more fantastical concepts of the third and especially fourth arcs. It's hard to get invested in the plot and characters when you're still struggling to suspend your disbelief. The Erins jumped from "magical realism" (sort of, at least) to straight-up "magical" without a whole lot of pre-amble.

Sorry for going on a tangent there. I'm still really torn over tPoT. What I'm not torn over is the fourth arc, though. I couldn't get into any of the characters or plots at all. I'd point out a book but I can't remember any of them individually so I guess I'll say The Fourth Apprentice? I've gone over that on this thread before though.

Offline amberstripe

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2015, 11:37:20 AM »
Oh man, Amberstripe, you are speaking my language! The sight is pretty bad. And have you ever noticed how it's basically not about ANYTHING? Sure, technically events take place, but there's little, if any, plot that actually drives the characters.

Yeah, that's another problem with it! Basically the only advance to the plot is the advance of kids slowly figuring out what to do with their lives, which could be good, if any of these kids were not annoying. Hollyleaf's dilemma has a solution so obvious it's painful, Jayfeather is an extremely obnoxious brat in the book, and I honestly don't remember anything about what Lionblaze does in The Sight. Break the warrior code and have a bad mentor?
It's just. So hard to swallow, especially following right after Sunset.
#Save lightFlight 2k15

Offline PinkheartII

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2015, 11:28:09 PM »
Least favourite Warriors book hands down for me is Sunrise. It is so stupid! They waste two hundred pages hunting for Sol, a useless cat that they think murdered Ashfur, even though he left the lake MOONS before he was killed, sending away eight of their able bodied warriors, including their deputy, in the middle of leaf-bare, and then when this "murderer" escapes and is on the loose? They just let him go. They LET. HIM. GO. You mean to tell me this cat you think is responsible for the murder of one of your warriors and could easily kill again, you just let him go? HOW STUPID ARE YOU?! Then, when Sol tries to make Liondumb, Hollyhypocrtie and Jayfeather fake a prey stealing to start a war between the clans, they just leave, and never mention him again. Erins, you've just made, two thirds of your book, completely, POINTLESS!
Hey, you want to make a more character driven arc of Warriors? Great! More power to you! If that's what you want to do, focus on what's happening with the characters! Focus on the Hollyleaf drama, the investigation with Jayfeather trying to find their real parents, you know, the only interesting part of the entire book! So you mean to tell me after he works so hard to uncover the mystery of his mother, you decide to just hand him the answer of who his father is? Come on! Talk about rushed!

Offline Windstream

• Fangirling since 1997
  • Kit
  • 8 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Windstream
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: Windy, Wind, Blizzy, Blizz, Blizzard, Sooty, Soot, etc.
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2015, 11:18:13 AM »
Anything involving the tribe.

My least favorite is SkyClan's Destiny. I skimmed through the pages because of how boring it was!
"People who can't throw something important away, can never hope to change anything."
~Armin

Offline Kaminari

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2015, 10:02:15 AM »
Least favourite Warriors book hands down for me is Sunrise. It is so stupid! They waste two hundred pages hunting for Sol, a useless cat that they think murdered Ashfur, even though he left the lake MOONS before he was killed, sending away eight of their able bodied warriors, including their deputy, in the middle of leaf-bare, and then when this "murderer" escapes and is on the loose? They just let him go. They LET. HIM. GO. You mean to tell me this cat you think is responsible for the murder of one of your warriors and could easily kill again, you just let him go? HOW STUPID ARE YOU?! Then, when Sol tries to make Liondumb, Hollyhypocrtie and Jayfeather fake a prey stealing to start a war between the clans, they just leave, and never mention him again. Erins, you've just made, two thirds of your book, completely, POINTLESS!
Hey, you want to make a more character driven arc of Warriors? Great! More power to you! If that's what you want to do, focus on what's happening with the characters! Focus on the Hollyleaf drama, the investigation with Jayfeather trying to find their real parents, you know, the only interesting part of the entire book! So you mean to tell me after he works so hard to uncover the mystery of his mother, you decide to just hand him the answer of who his father is? Come on! Talk about rushed!
^^
My thoughts exactly

Offline Owlfrost

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2015, 09:47:32 PM »
I highly disliked Rising Storm and Firestar's Quest for sure. Especially Firestar's Quest. I thought it was so boring and slow and hard to get into. I was so happy when I started reading SkyClan's Destiny because it was about characters I did like that were introduced in Firestar's Quest. This sounds really ranty and nitpicky, but these were the only books in the series I haven't liked a whole lot so far.