October 15, 2018, 02:27:56 PM

Author Topic: Pokemon  (Read 39057 times)

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50780 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
Re: Pokemon
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 02:43:12 PM »
YEAH they're great
I mean you could go with that but you could also get rid of weakness to grass with Hidden Ability Sap Sipper
I have two trained that I switch between depending on how I feel about it ;)

Offline Ivypool

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 03:27:40 PM »
YEAH they're great
I mean you could go with that but you could also get rid of weakness to grass with Hidden Ability Sap Sipper

While a removal to weakness is great, it does leave it with a rather average attack, one that could probs only be remedied by something like an item or Belly Drum - and even those have their risks. Then again, I don't do Pokemon battles - I'm a casual =P
Also known as Bbun, but everyone calls me Beebs o3o

Offline sageheart

• buddy i aam afraid
  • Apprentice
  • 1006 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To sageheart
  • absolutely not egg salad
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: they/them is best
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 03:51:51 PM »
oh man thank goodness this thread exists.

My best friend and I are replaying FireRed and LeafGreen in tandem (I'm on LeafGreen). It's been a long time since I replayed a game, so for the first time in a really long time, I can play it the way I usually do. So I've beaten three gyms and I only have three Pokemon (Charmeleon Nidoking, Meowth), plus an HM Poke (Bellsprout).

my favorite gens are 1, 6, and 3, Charizard is my favorite Pokemon (runner-ups are Noivern, Nidoking, and Tyranitar) and my favorite game is LeafGreen!

Sorry that's not very interesting.

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 02:23:48 PM »
YEAH they're great

While a removal to weakness is great, it does leave it with a rather average attack, one that could probs only be remedied by something like an item or Belly Drum - and even those have their risks. Then again, I don't do Pokemon battles - I'm a casual =P
Considering that Azumarill is already a fairly bulky water type, it doesn't really need the immunity granted by sap sipper. It benefits much more from huge power, which makes it an absolute monster. Thanks to belly drum and priority aqua jet, it becomes rather hard to stop.
lmao I love azumarill just because of how powerful it gets. It is rather slow though, which becomes pretty annoying
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline tinyfeather

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 03:47:27 PM »
i've never been super great at all the technical stuff w/ pokemon or, like, finishing the games...........................
but my fav pokemon are sylveon (actually all the eeveelutions) and raichu probably.
ruby is my fav bc it's the first one i played (i think)
i think i'm a pokemon poser. pokeposer

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50780 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 03:54:35 PM »
*shrugs* I just like annoying my friends because sap sipper stops the attack completely and boosts my attack
They're... not super competitive
I'm pseudo-competitive.
I mainly just built a team just so I could 6-0 my friend and it was v v successful :3

Offline Lightning

• Nothing's fair in Love and War.
  • StarClanner
  • 17203 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Alone
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2015, 04:42:16 PM »
I'm only competitive when it comes to battling my best friend. Other than that, I just play for fun and games- websites like Smogon annoy me so much because I get the vibes of "you have to use this or else you suck as a player" and that just doesn't sit with me.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
  • awards This mini-feather is presented to those who have or have had a character with a high rank! This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ThunderClan!
  • Referrals: 61
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 04:49:54 PM »
I'm only competitive when it comes to battling my best friend. Other than that, I just play for fun and games- websites like Smogon annoy me so much because I get the vibes of "you have to use this or else you suck as a player" and that just doesn't sit with me.

AUGH same. I get an elitist vibe from 'em, but some of their suggestions are pretty good and I do look at their pages if I want a better idea of what roles they could probably play on a team.

That said, I've got only one competitive team! But I always get upset when paired with someone who's got a Rayquaza because
(click to show/hide)
, so like. I basically quit straightaway.
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 05:59:36 PM »
Smogon may be a touch elitist, but I find that they do have a lot of really good information that can be applied in game. They have some pretty good in game stuff too

I actually kind of like the idea of tiers, because it makes it easier to play with your favourite Pokemon, even if your favourite isn't necessarily "good"

Offline rowan

• Oel-cir'va of the Folk
  • ThunderClan
  • 6304 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rowan
  • eater of leafs
  • awards This mini-feather is presented to those who have or have had a character with a high rank! This mini-feather is for your allegiance to ThunderClan!
  • Referrals: 61
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart!
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 06:03:58 PM »
Tiers are really useful, I'd say! O: It helps keep the metagame a bit more balanced. (I might just be saying that because I want Rayquaza to be in its own tier forever, but...)
Quote from: tinyfeather
alt are you the pepe of fortune

{{ deviantart + card counter + tarot/oracle shoppfq profile  }}

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2015, 11:24:22 PM »
rayquaza by itself isn't that bad but like... GF, why did you make mega SO powerful was that even necessary

Offline Jilda

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 07:31:45 PM »
Ooh I love pokemon. I'm a bit of a newer player ( I started playing gen 5 ) but it's so much fun.

I got omega ruby when it came out but stopped playing b/c school got stressful and haven't finished it/touched it in months. I really want to get back into it though, probably will even restart it cause I'll probably be so lost if I just jump in from wherever I left off.
 A pet peeve I sorta have is they took trainer customization away. I mean it is a remake at the same time so they probably wouldnt want you customizing those trainers but it was so much fun being able to in XY - probably one of my favorite aspects of those as it really let you create a trainer that reflected you. And then the excuse for not bringing it back was fashion is unique to xy, but does that mean it won't be brought back ever at all period? /end of small rant

one of my favorite pokemon is probably vulpix, not gonna lie. And also Oshawatt because it was the first ever pokemon I ever got so I'll always have a soft spot for it. I also love Froakie - I just love the water starters in general, though.

thank you ss !! <3

Offline Holley

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 07:54:08 PM »
i love pokemon, and i love you.
amberstipe, dustfeather, hperadam

Offline Rayne

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 09:51:34 PM »
We had  a list of friend codes in the old version, I figure this may be beneficial to have in the first post:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EM0VgoViC5_uhj7xaISXrFXe6xAWung8QGfw2GGQEQo/edit?usp=sharing

Offline Arcade Heat

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2015, 11:00:41 AM »
aww, I remember saint
she was chill
Also I don't even know my FC off the top of my head, I'll have to go look it up and add it