April 23, 2018, 12:50:43 AM

Author Topic: YOUR THOUGHTS (v.3)  (Read 21003 times)

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50766 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: she/her/they
  • Mood: Fruity
YOUR THOUGHTS (v.3)
« on: January 23, 2016, 01:35:56 PM »
Welcome to the Your Thoughts thread! A place for you to think out loud!

This is distinctly different from any other "similar" thread because other threads are pretty expectant of you to follow up other people's thoughts and ideas (pfffft, discussions, right?), but here (silly billy) is the place for your stream of consciousness to go frEEEEE (and if those happen to spark conversations then so be it I guess :^0) And anyways I missed this thread so I decided to bring it back~

PLEASE REMEMBER TO OBEY ALL FORUM RULES WHEN POSTING ON THIS THREAD

And that is all thank you B^)

I got new speakers for my computer and all I can think about is how happy I am that it doesn't have a subwoofer. The evil has been defeated. Subwoofers suck so much and I hate them why do they even exist. All they serve to do is annoy people that aren't in the room listening to the music and cause hearing damage in such a way that is so freaking extra like you don't need the BOOM you just need the other noises I hate bass noises I'm not all about that bass and gimme all dat treble.
I really do hate subwoofers just so so so so much and I'm very glad for these speakers

Offline Arcade Heat

Re: YOUR THOUGHTS (v.3)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 01:50:45 PM »
Empress of the Pagebottom

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50766 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 01:52:32 PM »
anyways clearly that is for chatting and not for thoughts thanks sweaty bye :)

Offline fireheart

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 03:28:37 PM »
this is a good thread i like this thread

so glad i did my shopping yesterday, there's no way i'm going outside today with all the snow. gonna settle in with some fuzzy clothes and hot tea and watch some movies

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50766 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 04:11:54 PM »
It's really sweet already having notes for the class I'm taking
now I get to just like, highlight what's still important and write them again more clear and beautiful
I feel like this is what all those crazy non-art students do all the time
but not having any big labor intensive projects due once a week is sort of weird... what am I supposed to do with this free time I've found?

Like I guess I have enough free time and enough inspiration and motivation to get some headway and planning done for emo tarot...
That's starting to deviate from the traditional Rider/Waite/Smith just because I can't get it to look as natural as I want... the body language in traditional decks is fairly stiff imho

What really got me to re-make this thread is that I had to take College Writing I again and we're talking about Gertrude Stein's essay "What Makes a Masterpiece and Why Are There So Few of Them?" where she kind of adopted just a train of thought approach of writing? It's really difficult to read but I thought it was interesting & for some reason a little nostalgic looking at how people think & what about
Also it's really weird going from Art Appreciation where we were all debating "what Art is" to going to English 10 minutes after where we jumped right into "What is a masterpiece?" like omg wow theme of the day I guess
my new english teacher seems really cool and she constantly compares writing to art which is 110% the kind of teacher I need for a writing course so I'm looking forward to things~<3

Meanwhile I'm watching steam train play undertale's genocide route again and thinking about how much effort I put into beating it but how much more fun the boss fights were and maybe.......... maybe at the expense of being labelled absolute evil by my friends I'm gonna play it again...
I really need to bring up some board games up here or like plan some DnD shenanigans
we need some party games because pool, mariokart, and town of salem won't last forever ;0;

Offline Lightning

• I want to Believe
  • StarClanner
  • 17191 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lightning
  • La question c'est voulez-vous?
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: They/He/She
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 04:33:47 PM »
I got confused for a minute and thought that the general chat thread got locked and deleted or something and then got very concerned.

Okay, everything is spinning and I'm very tired, but I don't have to go to work tonight!!!! I'm so glad they closed the store, because, in addition to the foot of snow on the ground (they said we'd only get a dusting...pfft), I am not mentally stable enough to go to work and deal with my coworkers.

Today is a day of rest and relaxation for me, and I praise the Snow Gods for closing my place of employment today.

The game is on again- a lover or a friend?
A big thing or a small, the winner takes it all.

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50766 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 04:48:52 PM »
I got confused for a minute and thought that the general chat thread got locked and deleted or something and then got very concerned.

nope nope, it's just an introspective thread that had a very specific function that I missed a lot </3

and I was booting up undertale but it has an update so now I have to play through pacifist again and see what's different because I've lost control of my life~

Offline fireheart

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 10:30:44 PM »
watched the first of the six documentaries covering the production of the lotr film trilogy and it was astounding tbh, like i didn't realize just how much work was involved in a production of that scale

like all of the thought that went into the production, not just the big set pieces but also the intricacies of the costume designs and all of the prosthetics/creature designs they made, stuff like that. i'm not that well-versed in film production so maybe some of it is normal for a big production, but like. yikes. making tens of thousands of rubber hobbit feet and having to hand-knot each hair to each foot every single time just sounds beyond tedious

i'm honestly so jealous of sculptors and other artists that can conceptualize things in three dimensions. i'm honestly so bad at that kind of thing, which makes art in general difficult since i have trouble visualizing things like depth. :(

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50766 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 12:00:05 AM »
watched the first of the six documentaries covering the production of the lotr film trilogy and it was astounding tbh, like i didn't realize just how much work was involved in a production of that scale

like all of the thought that went into the production, not just the big set pieces but also the intricacies of the costume designs and all of the prosthetics/creature designs they made, stuff like that. i'm not that well-versed in film production so maybe some of it is normal for a big production, but like. yikes. making tens of thousands of rubber hobbit feet and having to hand-knot each hair to each foot every single time just sounds beyond tedious

i'm honestly so jealous of sculptors and other artists that can conceptualize things in three dimensions. i'm honestly so bad at that kind of thing, which makes art in general difficult since i have trouble visualizing things like depth. :(

I can scream about this forever oh my god, it was amazing

And all of it in New Zealand, none of it in like "film capitals of the world"
using CRT monitors with technology that was SO innovative the Appendices make me very very happy and very inspired

The amount of artistry and just like PASSION AND LOVE that went into it
ELVEN SCRIPTS SEWN INTO THE SLEEVES AND ORC LANGUAGE HAMMERED INTO GROND
GOLLUM'S SKIN
THE BIGATURES
I cry

--

I should probably get out and walk tomorrow... camp out and draw campus...
eh... but then again the first 2 weeks back are supposed to be the worst... along with the last 2 weeks of the semester...
wonder if anyone's free to hang out tomorrow or if they're already busy busy busy with work...

still like... I want all the hummus in the world for some reason... it's too good rip me

Offline Holly

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 09:02:09 AM »
im already tired of this semester and we're only a week in
tumblr / twitter / goodreads
who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

Offline Graystripe

• StarClanner
  • 2120 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Graystripe
  • "Only an honest death will cure you now."
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr account
    • Awards
  • Pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 12:10:32 PM »
I really need to post here more.
All is silent in the halls of the dead.
All is forgotten in the stone halls of the dead.
Behold the stairways which stand in darkness;  behold the rooms of ruin.
These are the halls of the dead where the spiders spin,
 and the great circuits fall quiet, one by one.

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50766 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 12:31:53 PM »
Do ya have to be so gross and targeting or do you realize that you probably have like 20 things you could be doing instead?
At least nice people exist...
I wonder if I should catch a ride home next friday and see Lazer Team, or if I should stay up where I am and just chill...

either way I'm really excited because purple laptop
well... maybe purple...
hopefully

I feel like that $10 would be a good investment because if it ever does get stolen I don't have to just say "it was my silver HP laptop" which doesn't really narrow down much and I can say "my flippin purple hp laptop was stolen and it'S PURPLE"

Offline amberstripe

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 12:40:50 PM »
purple laptop sounds like an excellent investment to me

I'm waiting for someone to notice that I put an apple sticker on my hp laptop as a joke but so far no one's commented on it :c
#Save lightFlight 2k15

Offline lavender

• BloodClan
  • StarClanner
  • 50766 prey points
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lavender
  • vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 11:00:26 PM »
I wonder what a good party game is...
Cards Against Humanity might be getting old...

I remember Fluxx being good? But only when you have your own custom cards & expansion packs and I don't want to have to buy it again if it's still in the hallway closet :\\\\\\

Caboodle?
Was the game called caboodle??
That one was fun when I was smaller I wonder if it'd pass the test of time....
although that clay stank something fierce...
still it was like pictionary and password and similar games all rolled up into one... if that had an ~adult~ expansion pack I'd definitely play it again
(it'S CALLED CRANIUM OMG HOW DID I FORGET)

Maybe one night ultimate werewolf would yield nice results??

Munchkin would be good with some expansion packs and all my pennies for "gold", methinks

Never played Betrayal at House on the Hill but that could be cool

I'd love to get involved in a DnD campaign but they take so long to set up and nobody wants to be a DM ;0;

Offline Holly

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 05:38:00 PM »
i just want to read but no i ahve school 
tumblr / twitter / goodreads
who lives, who dies, who tells your story?